RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: ipes! yo! blimey! good morning, Vietnam! hold the phone! wait! hang on!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear

Except in those of us unlucky enough to have insufficient gastric acid production.

R

[infections] Re: ipes! yo! blimey! good morning, Vietnam! hold the phone! wait! hang on!

> > Remember that bacteria are manufacturing some pretty nasty and very > industrial types of agents and bleach is often mild in comparison. Like what? I haven't heard of this. Certainly some can produce acids, but very weak and/or dilute acids are still called acids. Basically anything south of pH 7 can be termed acidic, but even a humble can of Coke has a pH around 2.5, close to that of the stomach. So an "acid" can be up to 10,000 times milder than cola.> There's also no drama for bacteria to live in stomach acid and go > thru like there's nothing there. There environemnts over eons have > made some species quite hardy.> tonyI'm not certain about this, but my impression from a class on gut pathogens was that most taxa experienced a big die-off in the stomach... whether 90% or 99.99%, I don't know. Anyway, the pH of the stomach is supposed to be one reason no one believed H pylori could really live in the stomach. And I haven't heard of any other species infecting the stomach. Some of those that pass thru the stomach may be shshielded inside food particles.