RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: I have found my infection, in my root-filled tooth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Amy, You need a doc who works with a good lab. An Infectious Disease doc might be your best bet, although it just depends on whoever you can find who believes in testing for whatever organisms might be there. Your doc should explain to the lab your samples are coming from bone and that they should not throw out any growth of organisms that they believe are "contaminants". This is how most labs usually view staph and strep, so many of our chronic infections are overlooked. The lab needs to be told to grow everything that shows up, and also to give the samples longer than the usual allotted time. If something hasn't shown up in a day or two, they shouldn't just throw it away. They need to give it plenty of time for the slow growers, sometimes up to a couple of weeks. Also, if you want to take this opportunity to test for actinomyces, which can be a problem in bone, the test

needs to be handled differently from the rest of your specimens. Actinomyces will die once it hits the air. The sample needs to be kept warm and gotten into the culture medium within 15 minutes. If your doc isn't familiar with all of the techniques, you/he could get specific instructions from the lab (preferably a hospital or university lab) so you don't waste this opportunity. I don't really know anything about the procedure you're considering, other than being told by someone who's well informed that it's a waste of time. I really don't know if that's true or not. I do know that with most bone infections, the only certain way of getting rid of them so far is by removing the bone (debridement), and then treating aggressively enough so that the organisms can't spread. Easier said than done, but this is what most of the literature shows when it comes to bone infections elsewhere in

the body. Best of luck, Amy. penny amydent9 <amydent9@...> wrote: -I am also sick from my dentalmy root canal did it to me. many/most? root canals cause infectionsand health problems. however mine, they left a spcae, an air pocketwhen it got sealed up so in addition to infetions I got molds and tonsof them.I was told I would never get well unitl this was either fixed or removed.I want to try a non

toxic european style rc redo/encocal/biocalex,although I know that is a crap shoot. I believe it is better thanpulling the tooth as I am so sick already I dont want to risk morespread of infection and mold.If I get a root canal redo, I then have the opportunity to get somesamples from in there, can anyone suggest what I could test forthat way? infections bacteria molds, etc lyme? and what kinds oftests could use a culture in this way.I am well versed in root canal problems so I dont want to open the canof worms of arguing over it. My options all kinda suck and this isthe one I picked. everyone should know by now that root canals are adanger to your health., as is pulling things when you already ahveinfections. amy

I left out one part. Once they identify your organisms, they will also identify its sensitivities. Meaning, they'll tell you which abx should work. Be sure your doc tells them to test a good range of drugs. I think a lot of us who have these entrenched infections have pretty resistant bugs. My culture turned up 14 abx that my bugs were already resistant to, even though I hadn't actually taken most of those drugs. pennyamydent9 <amydent9@...> wrote: -I am also sick from my dentalmy root

canal did it to me. many/most? root canals cause infectionsand health problems. however mine, they left a spcae, an air pocketwhen it got sealed up so in addition to infetions I got molds and tonsof them.I was told I would never get well unitl this was either fixed or removed.I want to try a non toxic european style rc redo/encocal/biocalex,although I know that is a crap shoot. I believe it is better thanpulling the tooth as I am so sick already I dont want to risk morespread of infection and mold.If I get a root canal redo, I then have the opportunity to get somesamples from in there, can anyone suggest what I could test forthat way? infections bacteria molds, etc lyme? and what kinds oftests could use a culture in this way.I am well versed in root canal problems so I dont want to open the canof worms of arguing over it. My options all kinda suck and this isthe one I picked. everyone should know

by now that root canals are adanger to your health., as is pulling things when you already ahveinfections. amy