RemedySpot.com

RE: Valganciclovir Study?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've been following it and nothing yet.

[infections] Valganciclovir Study?

Hi,

Has anyone heard if the results have been published yet from the recent Montoya/Stanford study for the antiviral (Valganciclovir) treatment for CFS?

penny

Due out this June, I think.

infections From: brfifield@...Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:06:41 -0500Subject: Re: [infections] Valganciclovir Study?

Hi,

Has anyone heard if the results have been published yet from the recent Montoya/Stanford study for the antiviral (Valganciclovir) treatment for CFS?

penny

Someone on lymenet who posts as timaca reports feeling significantly

better on it. She also was a responder to rocephin and relapsed off

it, and was a partial responder to hyperbaric. She has elevated viral

titers but her history is confusing as she seems to respond well in

the past to various interventions but relapse off them. I suppose

there could be immunsupression from chronic lyme and thus reactivation

of viruses which now, when suppressed, allow her body to handle the

lyme. I also suppose there could be primarily a viral cause and that

caused dormant lyme to activate. I don't know how many other patients

have complex infections as she seems to. It will be very interesting

if she holds her gains once off. The drugs is supposed to target HHV6

but who knows if it also targets other organisms.

>

>

> Due out this June, I think.

>

>

> infections@...: brfifield@...: Tue, 15 Jan 2008

16:06:41 -0500Subject: Re: [infections] Valganciclovir

Study?

>

>

>

>

>

> I've been following it and nothing yet.

>

>

>

> [infections] Valganciclovir Study?

>

>

>

> Hi,

>

> Has anyone heard if the results have been published yet from the

recent Montoya/Stanford study for the antiviral (Valganciclovir)

treatment for CFS?

>

> penny

>

What have you guys heard, if anything, from people who've taken the drug? pennySHELLEY REED <sreedp@...> wrote: Due out this June, I think. infections From: brfifieldrogersDate: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:06:41 -0500Subject: Re: [infections] Valganciclovir Study? I've been following it and

nothing yet. [infections] Valganciclovir Study? Hi, Has anyone heard if the results have been published yet from the recent Montoya/Stanford study

for the antiviral (Valganciclovir) treatment for CFS? penny

Let me correct my earlier message: These are the folks that were talking about it on another board:

"January is way too early for the results. Cat003 is in the study and just stopped Valcyte a few weeks ago; Clo1 is also in the study and won't be stopping for another week. There are others, I understand, who won't be done for a while. Cat003 has posted elsewhere on this site that subjects will be followed for a couple months after the study and the researchers themselves won't know who is on med vs. placebo during this time. There also has to be time to analyze the data. The HHV-6 Foundation conference for 2007 was in May but this year was moved to June. Since initial results were first presented in that forum, I suspect the earliest Montoya might release his results would be there."

Then in response:

" think it may take longer than that, because when the last trial participant is done with this phase of the trial (sometime in late jan/early feb), stanford will spend 3 months interpreting the data...then, if valcyte has proven to be effective for the non-placebo group, the placebo group will be given the medication for 6 months with all of the necessary follow-up and labs to monitor for safety...so that's a little over 9 more months...then i think they will probably publish the results sometime within a few months after that...maybe december '08?? maybe a little sooner or later...this is my best estimate given what i know now..."

infections From: pennyhoule@...Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 17:19:13 -0800Subject: RE: [infections] Valganciclovir Study?

What have you guys heard, if anything, from people who've taken the drug?

pennySHELLEY REED <sreedp@...> wrote:

Due out this June, I think.

infections From: brfifieldrogersDate: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:06:41 -0500Subject: Re: [infections] Valganciclovir Study?

Hi,

penny