Guest guest

:

Yes, its the spice. I don't know the difference between it and the

spice. I heard the spice Cinnamon works better than the capsules of

herbal cinnamon. I tried both, and the spice did work better. But, I

always used the capsules or liguid herbal formulas for everything

else. I used the Cinnamon for the bacteria that causes ulcers, and it

worked for mine in 3 days, and they have never returned. That was over

2 years ago. Talk about being sold on herbs. I could not believe it.

I have been in disbelief this whole journey. I am amazed at the

success one can get from buying things at your local grocery store.

Yes, many spices are the same things you can buy in herbal capsules,

like parsley, ginger, cardomon, cloves, etc. I am just amazed. I

don't think one can get the same effect just putting it on their food

though. For the cinnamon, I had to take a heaping tablespoon in milk

(this was way back before I went dairy-free) for it to work, instead of

sprinkling it on food. But, I think its best to stick to capsules or

liguid formulas where you get used to a certain doseage and such.

Love and prayers,

Heidi N

-- In BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism , lissu2u@...

wrote:

>

> Heidi,

>

> Is the turmeric you take the same as the spice? (I love curry!)?Or is

there something different in a pharaceutical grade turmeric?

> Thanks!

>

We use the laboratory made form of turmeric from Jarrow called Curcumin 95. My children don't swallow pills and the curcumin tastes good and turmeric tastes bad. There are two big differences between turmeric and curcumin. One is that curcumin tastes so much better out of the cap. The other is that Curcumin 95 for example, is mixed with other things that increase the absorbabiltiy and potency by so much that it doesn't make sense to cap the straight herb. I buy Jarrows for about $10 a bottle but some unscrupulous companies sell their "more absorbable" Curcumin or turmeric for $60 a bottle and we believe it is a scam.

My daughter had a terrible gi too. Well since my daughter has a silent disease that causes eye inflammation that can't be seen without a slit lamp and her eyes dialated, it is hard to tell if our curcumin is doing what we are dosing it for, to control eye inflammation, besides to say that she has been inflammation free in both eyes for 2 years, and she has gotten her eyes checked as often as 3x a week down to once every 3 weeks for 2 years by a specially trained opthomologist who says she is inflammation free when he checks her.

We had the GI problems also. I could go on for hours on what we did for that, besides clo and probiotics, the best thing was a naturopath who found her "one" remedy that completely resolved stomach pain and joint pain, but prior to that the only thing that gave relief to her was the porters milk cure diet, but I kicked that diet up a notch by mixing in kefired raw goat colostrum from a goat with goat arthritis. At the time of her doubled over in pain gastritis, she went off of everything all foods and supplements including curcumin. Raw goat milk was her only food for 3 months.

Plus, we mixed the colostrum with kefired raw goat milk because we couldn't get enough colostrum to feed her from that one goat and because 12 oz of colostrum cost $5.00. She drank a little less than a gallon of raw milk a day which cost $5 a gallon. I would add 6 oz of colostrum to 1 gallon of raw milk and then kefir it. She was six years old at the time. The only nutrient that she ended up low on was iron, which ended up low at a 6. I wonder if this was also because she was a sick girl, not just because of the diet, or I don't know why this was. This is because for longer than this even, she was on a diet of very few foods or not typical for 2 years, it was gf/cf 18 months and SCD for two, then a diet of 8 foods which were the only low reactive foods on her IGG food reactivity panel. I had used some brainchild nutritionals when she was first diagnosed with her eye disease, and chewable cal/mag from new beginnings, but all supplementation had to stop while on porter's milk cure because that is part of the protocol and because supplements of all kinds aggravated her gastritis. So I imagine in the 3 months on porters milk cure, then the 3 months after which she was only on 8 foods but we still were not supplementing because her stomach was so sensitive, she ended up with low iron by then. This might be because it common for kids with multiple food allergies to end up anemic. We also use homeopathic ferrum phos to prevent the anemia now, especially whenever she gets pale.

Curcumin helps with her joint pain, and I see a corrolation that it helps control her joint pain, but just nothing works as well as that "one" remedy, but being new to homeopathics, I prefer to use both.. I have never noticed dieoff from our curcumin, but as I am in process right now of ramping from 500mg to 2000mg per day, I need to be on the lookout more. I would like to know what others use when they see dieoff or what trouble they see from curcumin becuase I have never attributed anything negative from it.

<, what kind of a response are you having with the curcumin? My <child has a terrible GI that won't absorb anything. Will this help? <How much would you give for 35lbs? ThanksOh, and to answer your second question. Always start with the 500 mg cap, but only sprinkle 1/5 of it in the first day. Then if that goes well, 1/2, then 3/4 then 1 full cap. Slowly ramp up when you start anything new, this way if it were to cause a bad reaction, it will only be a small one. I would ramp up to 500mg at first. Children with uveitis are taking up to 3,000mg a day. My daugher has never taken more than 1,500 a day. I plan to ramp up both daughters to 2,000 currently. Something else you should know is that curcumin stains EVERYTHING and it does not come out. It stains white carpet, it stains nice clothes. It stains linoleum floors, it stains towels. So, we put a barber cape on our child when she takes it and a drop cloth over the carpet and dose it while still in pajamas and for sure not in your good clothes. It mixes into milk better with a hand blender. We add it in a small cup with the milk or juice about 1/4 an inch high. No chaiser was necessary because it is not really bad tasting like other things.. My white carpet has lots of little curcumin spill drops on it from before we figured this out! We have our special "curcumin cleanup towels" that are already stained to use with it.

I use Pure Encapsulations Curcumin 500 ( with Bioperine ) which

increases the absorption of the curcumin. This is a personal

supplement of mine. I also take Boswellia by Standard Process.

Uveitis is a symptom of immune system problems and need to work on

the underlying cause, ie trace backwards and find out what else is

going on.

>

> <, what kind of a response are you having with the curcumin?

My

> <child has a terrible GI that won't absorb anything. Will this

help?

> <How much would you give for 35lbs? Thanks

>

> Oh, and to answer your second question. Always start with the 500

mg cap, but only sprinkle 1/5 of it in the first day. Then if that

goes well, 1/2, then 3/4 then 1 full cap. Slowly ramp up when you

start anything new, this way if it were to cause a bad reaction, it

will only be a small one. I would ramp up to 500mg at first.

Children with uveitis are taking up to 3,000mg a day. My daugher has

never taken more than 1,500 a day. I plan to ramp up both daughters

to 2,000 currently. Something else you should know is that curcumin

stains EVERYTHING and it does not come out. It stains white carpet,

it stains nice clothes. It stains linoleum floors, it stains towels.

So, we put a barber cape on our child when she takes it and a drop

cloth over the carpet and dose it while still in pajamas and for sure

not in your good clothes. It mixes into milk better with a hand

blender. We add it in a small cup with the milk or juice about 1/4 an

inch high. No chaiser was necessary because it is not really bad

tasting like other things.. My white carpet has lots of little

curcumin spill drops on it from before we figured this out! We have

our special " curcumin cleanup towels " that are already stained to use

with it.

>

>

>