RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Not to open a pandora's box on MP, but here it goes:::eye inflammation:::

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Penny

This is what 6 months of 6 to 9 grams a day of fish oil does. Tony makes sense at last. LOL.

Back to the real issue, I think the fish oils really have improved my cognitive functioning to the extent that I have started back into reading good hard science again after several years of ignoring it because it was too hard to think it all through.

R

[infections] Re: Not to open a pandora's box on MP, but here it goes:::eye inflammation:::

Greg M ke boards s uffed..I hink he advice our ge ing is grea hough.cheers> > > > Greg,> > I disagree with Tony aka Dumbaussie, that it is easy for us laymen > to > > find out what bacteria we are infected with. I do agree with Tony > > that inflammation indicates undiagnosed infection. It may be c. > > pneumonia, but it seems to me that would not be the obvious > diagosis > > with eye inflammation.> > > > I want to make a middle of the road suggestion to you. Forget about > > avoiding D and sun. Try the antibiotics Marshall suggests instead. > If > > your doctor is willing to subject you to methotrexate, then he > should > > be willing to try minocycline which is approved to treat rheumatoid > > arthritis BECAUSE IT REDUCES INFLAMMATION. > > > > He may also be willing to prescribe Zithromax because it also > reduces > > inflammation. Both of these antibiotics are effective against a > > number of bacteria. If you get a bad reaction with the minocycline > > reduce the dose to about 100 mg every third day for awhile.> > > > You may need to taper off the prednisone as well. Assuming you have > > an infection, of course, prednisone is the worst thing you could be > > taking, but you still can't stop it all at once.> > > > Personally I think what works on the MP are the antibiotics, not > the > > D avoidance. YOu may actually need more D, not less. Who knows.> > > > a Carnes> > > > >> > > Hey everybody,> > > > > > My name is Greg, and this is my first time posting on the> > > infection and inflammation group. I was pointed in this direction > > by> > > a very helpful man, . 's website, email correspondence, > and> > > subsequent links and information made me open to the idea, if not> > > entirely convinced, that my chronic eye inflammation is > infectious > > in> > > nature. I have spent the holidays doing nothing but research and > > have> > > come to a few realizations.> > > > > > 1. My onset of scleritis (chronic eye inflammation of the sclera) > 3> > > years ago coincided with a few bouts of sinus, ear, and throat> > > infection. I am in the category of those dealing with scleritis > who > > do> > > not show signs of an underlying disease causing the inflammation. > > > > > > 2. I have a history of overexposure to sun. ie: episodes of sun> > > poisoning and snow blindness. This made me interested in the > > possible> > > role of VitD and the MP. > > > > > > 3. My eye inflammation is worse on my left side, the same side in> > > which my ear infections over the last few years have been more > > severe.> > > When my sinuses are irritated or infected, my eyes are worse > making> > > me believe it is all stemming from the same bacterial infection.> > > > > > 4. Almost 2 months ago my scleritis flared up much worse than it > > has> > > ever been. I take this as a sign that the bacteria have been> > > multiplying. > > > > > > I don't want to seem naive, but I can tell from reading here and > > other> > > sources that most are in agreement that chronic inflammation is > > fueled> > > by bacteria. Therefore, my current use of prednisone (I am > > currently> > > tapering), and push by my doctors to go on methotrexate if> > > inflammation is not resolved, will only exaccerbate my infection > and> > > inflammation. It sounds as though the disagreement is how to fight> > > the underlying infection. > > > > > > Of course the MP sounds enticing, but the more I read about Dr.> > > Marshall and the lack of long term testing of the protocol, the > more> > > doubts I have. I'm also worried about the safety of long term low> > > dose antibiotic treatment. > > > > > > Are the members here in any agreement as to the best way to treat> > > chronic eye inflammation? Is benicar combined w/ minocycline and > > VitD> > > avoidance an accepted treatment? I understand I could very likely> > > have fungal infections or coinfections that would require other> > > stronger antibiotics. I also understand that it might be a good > > idea> > > to use the benicar as a therapeutic probe, and see how my > > inflammation> > > responds. > > > > > > I am in the process of cutting out sources of VitD, to test my> > > response and just in case I decide to do MP. I feel as though it > is> > > going to be tough to gauge results if my VitD reduction coincides > > with> > > prednisone weaning and introduction of benicar. Any thoughts or> > > suggestions? I do believe that somehow I can beat this thing, but > I> > > could really use some help. Thanks for listening everybody, and > let > > me> > > know what you think. > > > > > > Greg> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.> >> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.>

Wow, , that's impressive. And I'll tell you what 2 penicillin does for me (after going without it for the last two weeks thanks to my doc being mia). I can now easily see that Tony's keyboard is missing the "y" as well as the "t". For the life of me I couldn't see the "y" before taking the penicillin. It really is remarkable how quickly my energy and cognitive functions can return with the appropriate meds. I feel way more energetic after just a couple of penicillin (which I had to resort to borrowing off a friend, thanks to my no-good doc)! If you can't tell, I'm really t.o.'d at my doc right now. It just illustrates what many of us could be facing in the future if our docs either decide to quit prescribing long term meds, or retire. We've truly got to find a more permanent solution to fighting the bugs. :-( By the way Tony, get a new keyboard. You're hard enough to understand with all 26 letters. :-) penny Windsor <rwindsor@...> wrote: Dear Penny This is what 6 months of 6 to 9 grams a day of fish oil does. Tony makes sense at last. LOL. Back to the real issue, I think the fish oils really have improved my cognitive functioning to the extent that I have started

back into reading good hard science again after several years of ignoring it because it was too hard to think it all through. R [infections] Re: Not to open a pandora's box on MP, but here it goes:::eye inflammation::: Greg M ke boards s uffed..I hink he advice our ge ing is grea hough.cheers> > > > Greg,> > I disagree with Tony aka Dumbaussie, that it is easy for us laymen > to > > find out what bacteria we are infected with. I do agree with Tony > > that inflammation indicates undiagnosed infection. It may be c. > > pneumonia, but it seems to me that would not be the obvious > diagosis > > with eye inflammation.> > > > I want to make a middle of the road suggestion to you. Forget about > > avoiding D and sun. Try the antibiotics Marshall suggests instead. > If

> > your doctor is willing to subject you to methotrexate, then he > should > > be willing to try minocycline which is approved to treat rheumatoid > > arthritis BECAUSE IT REDUCES INFLAMMATION. > > > > He may also be willing to prescribe Zithromax because it also > reduces > > inflammation. Both of these antibiotics are effective against a > > number of bacteria. If you get a bad reaction with the minocycline > > reduce the dose to about 100 mg every third day for awhile.> > > > You may need to taper off the prednisone as well. Assuming you have > > an infection, of course, prednisone is the worst thing you could be > > taking, but you still can't stop it all at once.> > > > Personally I think what works on the MP are the antibiotics, not > the > > D avoidance. YOu may actually need

more D, not less. Who knows.> > > > a Carnes> > > > >> > > Hey everybody,> > > > > > My name is Greg, and this is my first time posting on the> > > infection and inflammation group. I was pointed in this direction > > by> > > a very helpful man, . 's website, email correspondence, > and> > > subsequent links and information made me open to the idea, if not> > > entirely convinced, that my chronic eye inflammation is > infectious > > in> > > nature. I have spent the holidays doing nothing but research and > > have> > > come to a few realizations.> > > > > > 1. My onset of scleritis (chronic eye inflammation of the sclera) > 3> > > years ago coincided with a few bouts of sinus, ear, and

throat> > > infection. I am in the category of those dealing with scleritis > who > > do> > > not show signs of an underlying disease causing the inflammation. > > > > > > 2. I have a history of overexposure to sun. ie: episodes of sun> > > poisoning and snow blindness. This made me interested in the > > possible> > > role of VitD and the MP. > > > > > > 3. My eye inflammation is worse on my left side, the same side in> > > which my ear infections over the last few years have been more > > severe.> > > When my sinuses are irritated or infected, my eyes are worse > making> > > me believe it is all stemming from the same bacterial infection.> > > > > > 4. Almost 2 months ago my scleritis flared up much worse than it > >

has> > > ever been. I take this as a sign that the bacteria have been> > > multiplying. > > > > > > I don't want to seem naive, but I can tell from reading here and > > other> > > sources that most are in agreement that chronic inflammation is > > fueled> > > by bacteria. Therefore, my current use of prednisone (I am > > currently> > > tapering), and push by my doctors to go on methotrexate if> > > inflammation is not resolved, will only exaccerbate my infection > and> > > inflammation. It sounds as though the disagreement is how to fight> > > the underlying infection. > > > > > > Of course the MP sounds enticing, but the more I read about Dr.> > > Marshall and the lack of long term testing of the protocol, the > more> > >

doubts I have. I'm also worried about the safety of long term low> > > dose antibiotic treatment. > > > > > > Are the members here in any agreement as to the best way to treat> > > chronic eye inflammation? Is benicar combined w/ minocycline and > > VitD> > > avoidance an accepted treatment? I understand I could very likely> > > have fungal infections or coinfections that would require other> > > stronger antibiotics. I also understand that it might be a good > > idea> > > to use the benicar as a therapeutic probe, and see how my > > inflammation> > > responds. > > > > > > I am in the process of cutting out sources of VitD, to test my> > > response and just in case I decide to do MP. I feel as though it > is> > > going to be tough to gauge

results if my VitD reduction coincides > > with> > > prednisone weaning and introduction of benicar. Any thoughts or> > > suggestions? I do believe that somehow I can beat this thing, but > I> > > could really use some help. Thanks for listening everybody, and > let > > me> > > know what you think. > > > > > > Greg> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.> >> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.>

"Duc a l'orange"?

[infections] Re: Not to open a pandora's box on MP, but here it goes:::eye inflammation:::

Greg M ke boards s uffed..I hink he advice our ge ing is grea hough.cheers> > > > Greg,> > I disagree with Tony aka Dumbaussie, that it is easy for us laymen > to > > find out what bacteria we are infected with. I do agree with Tony > > that inflammation indicates undiagnosed infection. It may be c. > > pneumonia, but it seems to me that would not be the obvious > diagosis > > with eye inflammation.> > > > I want to make a middle of the road suggestion to you. Forget about > > avoiding D and sun. Try the antibiotics Marshall suggests instead. > If > > your doctor is willing to subject you to methotrexate, then he > should > > be willing to try minocycline which is approved to treat rheumatoid > > arthritis BECAUSE IT REDUCES INFLAMMATION. > > > > He may also be willing to prescribe Zithromax because it also > reduces > > inflammation. Both of these antibiotics are effective against a > > number of bacteria. If you get a bad reaction with the minocycline > > reduce the dose to about 100 mg every third day for awhile.> > > > You may need to taper off the prednisone as well. Assuming you have > > an infection, of course, prednisone is the worst thing you could be > > taking, but you still can't stop it all at once.> > > > Personally I think what works on the MP are the antibiotics, not > the > > D avoidance. YOu may actually need more D, not less. Who knows.> > > > a Carnes> > > > >> > > Hey everybody,> > > > > > My name is Greg, and this is my first time posting on the> > > infection and inflammation group. I was pointed in this direction > > by> > > a very helpful man, . 's website, email correspondence, > and> > > subsequent links and information made me open to the idea, if not> > > entirely convinced, that my chronic eye inflammation is > infectious > > in> > > nature. I have spent the holidays doing nothing but research and > > have> > > come to a few realizations.> > > > > > 1. My onset of scleritis (chronic eye inflammation of the sclera) > 3> > > years ago coincided with a few bouts of sinus, ear, and throat> > > infection. I am in the category of those dealing with scleritis > who > > do> > > not show signs of an underlying disease causing the inflammation. > > > > > > 2. I have a history of overexposure to sun. ie: episodes of sun> > > poisoning and snow blindness. This made me interested in the > > possible> > > role of VitD and the MP. > > > > > > 3. My eye inflammation is worse on my left side, the same side in> > > which my ear infections over the last few years have been more > > severe.> > > When my sinuses are irritated or infected, my eyes are worse > making> > > me believe it is all stemming from the same bacterial infection.> > > > > > 4. Almost 2 months ago my scleritis flared up much worse than it > > has> > > ever been. I take this as a sign that the bacteria have been> > > multiplying. > > > > > > I don't want to seem naive, but I can tell from reading here and > > other> > > sources that most are in agreement that chronic inflammation is > > fueled> > > by bacteria. Therefore, my current use of prednisone (I am > > currently> > > tapering), and push by my doctors to go on methotrexate if> > > inflammation is not resolved, will only exaccerbate my infection > and> > > inflammation. It sounds as though the disagreement is how to fight> > > the underlying infection. > > > > > > Of course the MP sounds enticing, but the more I read about Dr.> > > Marshall and the lack of long term testing of the protocol, the > more> > > doubts I have. I'm also worried about the safety of long term low> > > dose antibiotic treatment. > > > > > > Are the members here in any agreement as to the best way to treat> > > chronic eye inflammation? Is benicar combined w/ minocycline and > > VitD> > > avoidance an accepted treatment? I understand I could very likely> > > have fungal infections or coinfections that would require other> > > stronger antibiotics. I also understand that it might be a good > > idea> > > to use the benicar as a therapeutic probe, and see how my > > inflammation> > > responds. > > > > > > I am in the process of cutting out sources of VitD, to test my> > > response and just in case I decide to do MP. I feel as though it > is> > > going to be tough to gauge results if my VitD reduction coincides > > with> > > prednisone weaning and introduction of benicar. Any thoughts or> > > suggestions? I do believe that somehow I can beat this thing, but > I> > > could really use some help. Thanks for listening everybody, and > let > > me> > > know what you think. > > > > > > Greg> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.> >> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.>

apparently I've completely regressed because I don't understand anybody now. :-) pennydumbaussie2000 <dumbaussie2000@...> wrote: Nannika Atta Penny san> > > > > > Greg,> > > I disagree with Tony aka Dumbaussie, that it is easy for us > laymen > > to > > > find out what bacteria we are infected with. I do agree with > Tony > > > that inflammation indicates undiagnosed infection. It may be c. > > > pneumonia, but it seems to me that would not be the obvious > > diagosis > > > with eye inflammation.> > > > > > I want to make a middle of the road suggestion to you. Forget > about > > > avoiding D and sun. Try the antibiotics Marshall suggests >

instead. > > If > > > your doctor is willing to subject you to methotrexate, then he > > should > > > be willing to try minocycline which is approved to treat > rheumatoid > > > arthritis BECAUSE IT REDUCES INFLAMMATION. > > > > > > He may also be willing to prescribe Zithromax because it also > > reduces > > > inflammation. Both of these antibiotics are effective against a > > > number of bacteria. If you get a bad reaction with the > minocycline > > > reduce the dose to about 100 mg every third day for awhile.> > > > > > You may need to taper off the prednisone as well. Assuming you > have > > > an infection, of course, prednisone is the worst thing you > could be > > > taking, but you still can't stop it all at once.> > > > > >

Personally I think what works on the MP are the antibiotics, > not > > the > > > D avoidance. YOu may actually need more D, not less. Who knows.> > > > > > a Carnes> > > > > > >> > > > Hey everybody,> > > > > > > > My name is Greg, and this is my first time posting on the> > > > infection and inflammation group. I was pointed in this > direction > > > by> > > > a very helpful man, . 's website, email > correspondence, > > and> > > > subsequent links and information made me open to the idea, if > not> > > > entirely convinced, that my chronic eye inflammation is > > infectious > > > in> > > > nature. I have spent the holidays doing nothing but research > and > > >

have> > > > come to a few realizations.> > > > > > > > 1. My onset of scleritis (chronic eye inflammation of the > sclera) > > 3> > > > years ago coincided with a few bouts of sinus, ear, and throat> > > > infection. I am in the category of those dealing with > scleritis > > who > > > do> > > > not show signs of an underlying disease causing the > inflammation. > > > > > > > > 2. I have a history of overexposure to sun. ie: episodes of > sun> > > > poisoning and snow blindness. This made me interested in the > > > possible> > > > role of VitD and the MP. > > > > > > > > 3. My eye inflammation is worse on my left side, the same > side in> > > > which my ear infections over the last few

years have been > more > > > severe.> > > > When my sinuses are irritated or infected, my eyes are worse > > making> > > > me believe it is all stemming from the same bacterial > infection.> > > > > > > > 4. Almost 2 months ago my scleritis flared up much worse than > it > > > has> > > > ever been. I take this as a sign that the bacteria have been> > > > multiplying. > > > > > > > > I don't want to seem naive, but I can tell from reading here > and > > > other> > > > sources that most are in agreement that chronic inflammation > is > > > fueled> > > > by bacteria. Therefore, my current use of prednisone (I am > > > currently> > > > tapering), and push by my doctors to go on methotrexate

if> > > > inflammation is not resolved, will only exaccerbate my > infection > > and> > > > inflammation. It sounds as though the disagreement is how to > fight> > > > the underlying infection. > > > > > > > > Of course the MP sounds enticing, but the more I read about > Dr.> > > > Marshall and the lack of long term testing of the protocol, > the > > more> > > > doubts I have. I'm also worried about the safety of long term > low> > > > dose antibiotic treatment. > > > > > > > > Are the members here in any agreement as to the best way to > treat> > > > chronic eye inflammation? Is benicar combined w/ minocycline > and > > > VitD> > > > avoidance an accepted treatment? I understand I could very >

likely> > > > have fungal infections or coinfections that would require > other> > > > stronger antibiotics. I also understand that it might be a > good > > > idea> > > > to use the benicar as a therapeutic probe, and see how my > > > inflammation> > > > responds. > > > > > > > > I am in the process of cutting out sources of VitD, to test my> > > > response and just in case I decide to do MP. I feel as though > it > > is> > > > going to be tough to gauge results if my VitD reduction > coincides > > > with> > > > prednisone weaning and introduction of benicar. Any thoughts > or> > > > suggestions? I do believe that somehow I can beat this thing, > but > > I> > > > could really use some help. Thanks for

listening everybody, > and > > let > > > me> > > > know what you think. > > > > > > > > Greg> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > > Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with > Search.> >>