RemedySpot.com

Re: interesting... found by accident

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Whoa, that is interesting. (My husband did his doctoral work in Electron Microscopy, collaborating with an institue in Berlin. I hate to say it but I sure wish he were the kind of husband that Bob was to his late wife.) Anyway, I digress. Does anyone pay any attention to the Russians these days? In the past, they've done some pretty wacky research right alongside some really important research. Do you think anyone will take note of this? penny <usenethod@...> wrote: Vestn Ross Akad Med Nauk. 2001;(11):29-34.Links[ultrastructural analysis as a method of studying bacteremia ininfectious diseases][Article in Russian]Didenko LV.To study bacteremic processes with transmission electronmicroscopy, blood groups were examined in the representative groups ofpatients with typhoid fever, generalized forms of yersinosis,pseudotuberculosis, Flexner's shigelosis, and Sonne's shigelosis atdifferent stages of acute cyclic diseases and in those with chronicSalmonella typhi carriage. Bacteremia of typical unaltered causativeorganisms is shown to occur only in the feverish period of disease.The morphofunctional organization of a causative agent in this periodis similar to that of museum bacterial strains, except that thebacteria circulating in the blood of patients have vesicles that aremorphologically equivalent to

endotoxin. In reconvalescence, the bloodcirculation of causative organisms continues, but they appear asmorphologically changed bacteria and as forms with their defectivecellular wall (spheroplasts and protoplasts). Transmission electronmicroscopy reveals bacteria of other systematic groups in thepatients' blood when acute Salmonella typhi carriage is under way orwhen there are typhoid fever-induced complications or relapses,clinically unfavorable running of typhoid fever, generalized forms ofyersinosis and pseudotuberculosis are present. In chronic Salmonellatyphi carriage, the patients' blood displays altered bacterial cellsand forms with defective cell wall, among them there are prominentmorphological types that are structurally identical to unculturedbacterial forms. The study of blood samples from infected patients hasshow that transmission lectron microscopy can be used to detect bloodcirculating

microorganisms at different stages of acute and chronicpatterns of an infectious process.PMID: 11837203 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]