RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Sexual Cpmponent

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I only found this group a few days ago and my jaw has dropped. I have only told my mom and dad about this... but when I am affected by 4S, and I hope the Dr. reads this, because this is really a PHYSICAL reaction worthy of study, all my tension goes, sorry to be frank, but this is a medical forum to a degree, straight to the tip of my penis and will grow in intensity but it's not sexual... it's sickening, and at the end of the intensity there is a "pop" of like my nerves saying, "that's all we can take". I've noticed this since I was very little.

My reactions are VERY physical to 4S. When I was little, and I look back in embarrassment, I would grab my crotch to make it stop... it's as though the sound maker is inadvertently molesting you, access to something very private. It's hell. It rules my interactions with people, friends, and family. I HATE it. I find a way to get by but just recently my friend was literally GOBBLING her popcorn in a rather loud movie and, already with a seat between us, I was so uncomfortable "down there" that I left the theater in a huff and had to stand outside and breathe deeply.

AN ASIDE: 4S bother me less when I drink less coffee. I think there is a link between caffeine and the intensity that can be experienced with 4S.

Re: Sexual Cpmponent

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I saw a therapist for a while as a teenager, when my first 4S

> > symptoms started - - - she

> > > > suspected that I had witnessed a "primal scene" as a very young

> > child or baby (that is, I

> > > saw -

> > > > and more importa

ntly head - my parents - aaack! - "in the

> act") -

> > and that the "trauma"

> > > had

> > > > manifested itself as this intense aversion to certain very

> human

> > sounds - chewing,

> > > sniffing,

> > > > throat clearing. Even then I was dubious - I knew that many

> > children in the world lived

> > > in

> > > > one room houses where they had no doubt "witnessed primal

> > scenes," and I doubted

> > > highly

> > > > that they were "traumatized" in the same way. With what I know

> > today about the genetic

> > > > component of so many of these related disorders - Sensory

> > Integration Disorder,

> > > autism,

> > > > Tourette's, OCD and of course, 4S - I do not think there is any

> > psychological trauma that

> > > > contributes. Maybe a dysfunctional family situation adds to the

> > feelings of rage and

> > > > helplessness - but I don't think it causes it. Any other

> Freudian-

> > type diagnoses people

> > > have

> > > > received over the years???

> > > >

> > > > Kate in NY

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

> __

> > AOL Email goes Mobile! You can now read your AOL Emails whilst on

> the move. Sign up for a free AOL Email account with unlimited storage

> today.

> >

>

>

>

Traveling over the river or through the woods this holiday season? Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

Hey Kate,I agree that the people that are the really bad triggers are people that I have resentment towards...from the past or in the present. Resentment or negative feelings for whatever reason. The resentment will at times cause or worsen the triggers. When I do resolve some sort of problem with the person or negative feeling that I have towards them I do notice improvement of the discomfort though sometimes only momentarily. During the noises, it helps me to remind myself of the vulnerability of the person making the noises and to keep telling myself that they are not doing it intentionally. People that I consider to be weak are usually good candidates for being triggers and it helps me to remind myself of their vulnerability and to forgive

them. Though I have to make it a constant reminder and sometimes the feelings can just get too unbearable to deal with...then I just feel like smacking them upside the head and slamming them through the window. Horrible, I know, can't help it.andraTo: Soundsensitivity Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 2:57:40 AMSubject: Re: Sexual Cpmponent

> > > > >> > > > > > > > I saw a therapist for a while as a teenager, when my first 4S > > symptoms started - - - she > > > > suspected that I had witnessed a "primal scene" as a very young > > child or baby (that is, I > > > saw - > > > > and more importantly head - my parents - aaack! - "in the > act") - > > and that the "trauma" > > > had > > > > manifested itself as this intense aversion to certain very > human > > sounds - chewing, > > > sniffing, > > > > throat clearing. Even then I was dubious - I knew that many > > children in the world lived > > > in > > > > one room houses where they had no doubt "witnessed primal > > scenes," and I doubted > > > highly > > >

> that they were "traumatized" in the same way. With what I know > > today about the genetic > > > > component of so many of these related disorders - Sensory > > Integration Disorder, > > > autism, > > > > Tourette's, OCD and of course, 4S - I do not think there is any > > psychological trauma that > > > > contributes. Maybe a dysfunctional family situation adds to the > > feelings of rage and > > > > helplessness - but I don't think it causes it. Any other > Freudian-> > type diagnoses people > > > have > > > > received over the years???> > > > > > > > Kate in NY> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> __> > AOL Email goes Mobile! You can now read your AOL Emails whilst on > the move. Sign up for a free AOL Email account with unlimited storage > today.> >> > >------------------------------------PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO MESSAGES ARE TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.Thank you. MJ

I too have had a sexual response to 4S, but your post reminded me of a non-noise related incident when I was about ten years old in school. I just remember being made to do handwriting in a particular way and getting a response similar to the one you describe. I really sympathise with you because its not pleasant. I have been lucky in that it has been quite rare for me to respond in that way.

I'm wondering if the sexual component is not related to adrenaline (epinephrine) being released when we get the fight-or-flight response following a trigger sound, as adrenaline is one of the main hormones involved in sexual response and orgasm.

Re: Sexual Cpmponent

> > > > >> > > > > > > > I saw a therapist for a while as a teenager, when my first 4S > > symptoms started - - - she > > > > suspected that I had witnessed a "primal scene" as a very young > > child or baby (that is, I > > > saw - > > > > and more importa ntly head - my parents - aaack! - "in the > act") - > > and that the "trauma" > > > had > > > > manifested itself as this intense aversion to certain very > human > > sounds - chewing, > > > sniffing, > > > > throat clearing. Even then I was dubious - I knew that many > > children in the world lived > > > in > > > > one room houses where they had no doubt "witnessed primal > > scenes," and I doubted > > > highly > > > > that they were "traumatized" in the same way. With what I know > > today about the genetic > > > > component of so many of these related disorders - Sensory > > Integration Disorder, > > > autism, > > > > Tourette's, OCD and of course, 4S - I do not think there is any > > psychological trauma that > > > > contributes. Maybe a dysfunctional family situation adds to the > > feelings of rage and > > > > helplessness - but I don't think it causes it. Any other > Freudian-> > type diagnoses people > > > have > > > > received over the years???> > > > > > > > Kate in NY> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> __> > AOL Email goes Mobile! You can now read your AOL Emails whilst on > the move. Sign up for a free AOL Email account with unlimited storage > today.> >> > >

Traveling over the river or through the woods this holiday season? Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!