RemedySpot.com

Re: update on benadryl

Rate this topic

Guest guest

After doing a little research, it turns out that benadryl is one of the preventative meds that is listed for migraines. I'd never registered this before. Probably because I was disinclined to have anything to do with an antihistamine, until I read about it having anti-inflammatory effects. pennyPenny Houle <pennyhoule@...> wrote: Hi everyone, Thought I'd just let you know that I've had some success with benadryl for the migraines. More

than most other drugs I've tried. We'll have to see if I get acclimated to it, like I do with most drugs, but I've tried it with two headaches and each has been made milder and gone away much faster with the Benadryl (and ice). The downside is it did make me very sleepy, but the upside is... sleepy is better than excruciating torment. So a, I don't know if you've tried Benadryl at all. Personally, I was unaware of its anti-inflammatory effects so thought I'd let you know. penny

Thanks, Penny. I have heard it mentioned and even tried to buy some.

They hide it here in Vegas since people make crystal meth from it???

Anyway, I will try and get some asap.

a

>

> Hi everyone,

>

> Thought I'd just let you know that I've had some success with

benadryl for the migraines. More than most other drugs I've tried.

We'll have to see if I get acclimated to it, like I do with most

drugs, but I've tried it with two headaches and each has been made

milder and gone away much faster with the Benadryl (and ice). The

downside is it did make me very sleepy, but the upside is... sleepy

is better than excruciating torment.

>

> So a, I don't know if you've tried Benadryl at all.

Personally, I was unaware of its anti-inflammatory effects so thought

I'd let you know.

>

> penny

>

Dear a

You can have your Benadryl with a clear conscience, it is pseudoephedrine which is a precursor to methamphetamine :-)

R

[infections] Re: update on benadryl

Thanks, Penny. I have heard it mentioned and even tried to buy some. They hide it here in Vegas since people make crystal meth from it???Anyway, I will try and get some asap.a>> Hi everyone,> > Thought I'd just let you know that I've had some success with benadryl for the migraines. More than most other drugs I've tried. We'll have to see if I get acclimated to it, like I do with most drugs, but I've tried it with two headaches and each has been made milder and gone away much faster with the Benadryl (and ice). The downside is it did make me very sleepy, but the upside is... sleepy is better than excruciating torment. > > So a, I don't know if you've tried Benadryl at all. Personally, I was unaware of its anti-inflammatory effects so thought I'd let you know.> > penny>

I thought they made meth from pseudophedrine. Benadryl is an antihistamine. Two totally different classes of drug, but I suppose it's possible. pennypjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote: Thanks, Penny. I have heard it mentioned and even tried to buy some. They hide it here in Vegas since people make crystal meth from it???Anyway, I will try and get some asap.a>> Hi everyone,> > Thought I'd just let you know that I've had some success with

benadryl for the migraines. More than most other drugs I've tried. We'll have to see if I get acclimated to it, like I do with most drugs, but I've tried it with two headaches and each has been made milder and gone away much faster with the Benadryl (and ice). The downside is it did make me very sleepy, but the upside is... sleepy is better than excruciating torment. > > So a, I don't know if you've tried Benadryl at all. Personally, I was unaware of its anti-inflammatory effects so thought I'd let you know.> > penny>

It works because it's vasoconstricting. You must have really good blood flow

Penny, or at

least good microcirculation. I can't take it at all -- it constricts me

literally from head to

toe...

d.

> Hi everyone,

>

> Thought I'd just let you know that I've had some success with benadryl for

the

migraines. More than most other drugs I've tried. We'll have to see if I get

acclimated to it,

like I do with most drugs, but I've tried it with two headaches and each has

been made

milder and gone away much faster with the Benadryl (and ice). The downside is it

did make

me very sleepy, but the upside is... sleepy is better than excruciating torment.

>

> So a, I don't know if you've tried Benadryl at all. Personally, I was

unaware of its

anti-inflammatory effects so thought I'd let you know.

>

> penny

>

No, it's not a matter of good blood flow at all. I have very thick blood, and extremely low blood pressure. With migraines, it's "spastic" blood vessels that suddenly expand, causing the cranial nerves to go crazy, at least that's the theory. Makes sense to me, and explains why icing my head all over helps. It used to be that ibuprofen and the decongestant sudafed worked (also a vasoconstrictor), but unfortunately, I can't take any aspirin related products any more, and the sudafed just doesn't cut it any more. The migraine drug, Immitrex, is also a vasoconstrictor, which only works once in a while for me these days, and only if I take it at the very first hint of a migraine. So I'm hoping that my nerves won't become immune to the Benadryl as they have everything else. :-( penny kdrbrill <kdrbrill@...> wrote: It works because it's vasoconstricting. You must have really good blood flow Penny, or at least good microcirculation. I can't take it at all -- it constricts me literally from head to toe...d.> Hi everyone,> > Thought I'd just let you know that I've had some success with benadryl for the migraines. More than most other drugs I've tried. We'll have to see if I get acclimated to it, like I do with most drugs, but I've tried it with two headaches and each has been made milder and gone away much faster with the Benadryl (and ice). The downside is it did make me very sleepy, but the upside is... sleepy is better than excruciating torment. > > So a, I don't know if you've tried Benadryl at all. Personally, I was unaware of its anti-inflammatory effects so thought I'd let you know.> > penny>

You are too funny, . I bought some tonight.

a

>

> Dear a

> You can have your Benadryl with a clear conscience, it is

pseudoephedrine which is a precursor to methamphetamine :-)

> R

Dear a

Just a frustrated organic chemist. You have to laugh, the best drugs often turn out to have unwanted side effects, like addiction. Look at the history of opium, then heroin (still the best pain reliever with the fewest adverse outcomes) then methamphetamine ( still possibly the best treatment for ADHD) and GHB Gamma hydroxy butyrate, now being looked at by big pharma under the name "sodium oxybate"

If it wasn't so tragic that the stroke of a pen renders a useful medication illicit, it would be funny. And conversely, a harmful drug, licit, so it can be taxed mightily. I think the world can probably thank J Edgar Hoover and his cronies for much of this.

Still, we who can grow our own food, can live a little better , though 30 square yards of Lemon Balm to make Tincture of seems a bit over the top, I don't have that much under potatoes. LOL.

I still have to find a homebrew that works for hayfever, it's spring here, with a vengeance.

R

[infections] Re: update on benadryl

You are too funny, . I bought some tonight.a>> Dear a> You can have your Benadryl with a clear conscience, it is pseudoephedrine which is a precursor to methamphetamine :-)> R