RemedySpot.com

(No subject)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am new to the group. I have OCD, but have seen audiologist for hearing test to screen for any medical component to the sound sensitivity. This was in 2004. Nothing was found. They told me to wear ear plugs but they do not fit in my ears. I have tried all kinds, ordered over Internet. I have very small ear canals and none stay in.

I live near Tampa FL. I am 60 years old and this has tormented me since I can remember. My mother sniffed a lot and I could not stand to be around her. Before that, my father, an elderly man, cleared his throat and spit up mucus. Where i lived before, the kids next door played loud music and the bass made me want to do something quite illegal to them! Now it is my husband whose noises when he eats make me want a divorce. They are NOT noticeable by anyone else and would not bother anyone else. I have heard other people make far worse noises than he does, his are pretty soft and not noticable and i cannot stand to look at his mouth and watch him purse his lips. NO meds work for me. I have been prescribed all kinds of psych meds. Went to a psychologist for a while but that was for OCD. I may see her again and have her review the 4S information to see what she has in mind. Supposedly an OCD expert here in Tampa