RemedySpot.com

Preliminary report on coagulation testing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all, My doc called me this a.m. with the results of my coagulation testing through Dr. Glueck and mdl labs ( www.mdl-labs.com ). I need to see the labs myself and to talk with Dr. Glueck to better understand everything, but I know now that I tested positive for at least 4 of the genetic clotting disorders. This is not only high, it probably explains why I have osteonecrosis of the jaw & had minocycline induced pseudotumor cerebri. It may also explain the chronic migraines, not to mention a potential venous thrombotic clot (according to one person who viewed my CT scans) as well as high cholesterol and extreme difficulty fighting chronic infections. Unfortunately these genetic disorders contribute to a self perpetuating cycle because chronic infections also cause

hypercoagulation. This clotting issue is really important for pwc to understand because not only is it related to many of our health issues, but the people with these hereditary clotting disorders are proven to be at HIGH risk (3 to 80 times the norm) for heart attack and stroke. Glueck highly recommends that patients with these clotting factors take warfarin as a preventative. He gave me a recommended starting dose of warfarin to work toward achieving the appropriate INR, which is different from people who don't have the clotting disorders. I believe that many pwc (people with chronic infection & inflammation), would probably test positive for one or more of these genetic clotting disorders and would benefit from blood thinners to reduce the inflammation and help fight infection more effectively. Pwc I talk to on blood thinners say that

their headaches and body pain disappear, etc., not to mention their risk factors are greatly reduced. Unfortunately Dr. Glueck says we're probably 10 years away from routine testing for even the most basic thrombotic clotting disorder which causes death in women who take estrogen or birth control pills. If you want to know more about thrombophilia, I recommend you visit Dr. Gleuck's website. He is THE authority in the field of coagulation disorders and their consequences and has hundreds of studies and articles to back him up. http://www.jewishhospitalcincinnati.com/cholesterol/index.html penny dumbaussie2000 <dumbaussie2000@...> wrote: aOnce again you've thrown the baby out with the bath water..Fevereshly we emphasised how important carefull scanning for infection was and everything else wasn't going to deliver, but more importantly! waste your time... not to mention get you offside with all your follow up appointments as your scans are all clear supposedly..Now we have another farce that see's your efforts going into believing some medical paper on glutamate toxicity and peniciliin's affects on it..which by the way is totally against the grain of everything we've understood and fought for in these

conditions..Again today chatting with another lyme person, the hard drug protocols over many months have seen her friends go into remission from your style of symptoms..I don't know if you read that well with your rose coloured glasses ?tony> > >> > > Tony and Matt,> > > > > > So far since I started the penicillin VK on Tuesday morning and > > took 3 grams> > > a day my head ache decreased amazingly even on Tuesday. This > would > > SEEM to> > > be the effect of reducing glutamate as I doubt there would be a > > bacteria> > > die-off that quickly. But I am just speculating. This is the > first > > time in> > > 16 months I have strung 5 days of almost headache free time > > together. > > > > > > I upped the Lyrica on Thursday night to 150 mg, but the headache > > had already> > > cleared for 2 days prior to that. Thursday evening it

got > somewhat > > bad> > > again, thus I decided to increase the Lyrica. I've been on 75 mg > of > > Lyrica> > > every 12 hours, but this did NOT relieve the headache, only > > temporarily> > > cleared the symptoms until the Lyrica wore off, and some days it > > didn't even> > > do that - bad days.> > > > > > a> > > > > > Matt> > > I realised along time ago that the literature, that your so big > on, > > > isn't worth the paper it's written on most of the time.I can't > > > really see anyone putting in penicillin and it having a reduction > > in > > > toxicity not an effect on the trillion organisms that are part of > > the > > > human body.> > >>

>>