RemedySpot.com

Anyone with a kid with delusional behavior?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I hate to ask this. It's been "one of those days". It seems like a few of us have had a rough day...with the seizures Darci's child is having, etc. My son is doing so well in so many ways. I'm afraid he is shifting. They say that kids when they start to recover may go more towards ADHD. Mine is not. But I found out today that for the last few weeks he has been having fantasies, ones that he actually believes will happen. Things that there is no possible way could every happen. When I tried to convince him that....no you won't turn into an actual pokemon, for real. He was mad and threatened me that if I was negative that I needed to worry about getting hurt. When I reacted, he quickly apologized.

He really truly believes that on Christmas Day he will wake up and be an actual pokemon. He said that he didn't want to scare me that it will happen because everything is falling into place for it. I can't tell you how specific he is about this.

We had a BIG talk about fantasy vs. reality, daydreaming, God wanting us to be who he made us to be, etc. No luck. What happened as a result of this talk was anger and depression aimed towards me.

I have to mention that my son is turning 12 in a few weeks and is in pre-puberty.

I'm worried. I looked this up and it appears he is being delusional. When you look up delusional...schizophrenia and bipolar comes up. UGGGGHHHHHH.

Any thoughts?

Tami

Tis the season to save your money! Get the new AOL Holiday Toolbar for money saving offers and gift ideas.