President and the superintendent came up to me afterwards to shake my

hand and thank me for bringing it to their attention. Unfortunately, I

am only one person. If you live in the area and want to help

make a change for our autistic children, please contact me. I want to

thank Martha for coming to support me. If we can get one parent to

speak at every meeting to make sure they see there is a problem, we

might be able to make a difference in for our kids. We need

more help. The plan is to present one parent per meeting for a few

months and then at one meeting have all of us talk on different issues.

Again, please contact me if you are interested.

Please contact me to discuss the suggestions you made.

Kim

To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:15:44 AMSubject: Speaking to School Board

On December 18, I went before the School Board to present the case of changes in the system for the school district here. The President and the superintendent came up to me afterwards to shake my hand and thank me for bringing it to their attention. Unfortunately, I am only one person. If you live in the area and want to help make a change for our autistic children, please contact me. I want to thank Martha for coming to support me. If we can get one parent to speak at every meeting to make sure they see there is a problem, we might be able to make a difference in for our kids. We need more help. The plan is to present one parent per meeting for a few months and then at one meeting have all of us talk on different issues. Again, please contact me if you are interested.

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

I am trying to get parent support for the same issues. Can you share what you presented to the school board, please?

To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:15:44 AMSubject: Speaking to School Board

On December 18, I went before the School Board to present the case of changes in the system for the school district here. The President and the superintendent came up to me afterwards to shake my hand and thank me for bringing it to their attention. Unfortunately, I am only one person. If you live in the area and want to help make a change for our autistic children, please contact me. I want to thank Martha for coming to support me. If we can get one parent to speak at every meeting to make sure they see there is a problem, we might be able to make a difference in for our kids. We need more help. The plan is to present one parent per meeting for a few months and then at one meeting have all of us talk on different issues. Again, please contact me if you are interested.