RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Fwd: Aussie Barb, longest CFS follower on MP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Whether the MP was some kind of causative factor for her worsening health is clearly not a known fact. But one conclusion we can draw is that so far there's no evidence that this protocol (or any) is a cure-all and that people need to seriously question their staunch commitment to any protocol when they don't see obvious improvement. To stick by something right up to the point of being hospitalized is unbelievable and I think shows how desperate we get for some kind of answer and how we'll grasp at just about any promise and believe in it despite evidence to the contrary. Fear and lonliness are the driving forces behind this kind of blind belief and is capitalized upon by those who somehow benefit from perpetuating that belief. We just have to remember that, like the writer said, "it's a jungle out there". Since we have no perfect road maps

yet, no perfect guide, we each need to find our own way through the jungle. It's scary for sure. We can only arm ourselves with the sharpest machetes we can find and keep our wits about us to avoid deadly predators while we try to find our way out. penny Barb Peck <egroups1bp@...> wrote: Large doses of IV Abx? She obviously has some sort of systemic infection..It may or may nor have anything to

do with the MP.. not enough information to know.In any case though- I hope she recovers fully.Barb>> Hi all,> > I received the following note from an email address I don't recognize. But the content was serious enough that I thought I should share it with you all and hopefully receive some corroboration, or correction, as the case may be. (I edited small items that might make the author's identity recognizable).> > If it is true that Aussie Barb is seriously ill and in the hospital, I pray that she recovers quickly.> > penny> > Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 03:33:27 -0000> > Subject: Aussie Barb, longest CFS follower on MP> > Aussie Barb, longest CFS follower on

MP has now been seriously hospitalized going on...4 weeks, after having diligently followed the MP protocol for the last> 3+ years as an MP moderator and practitioner.> > Amazingly, she is still taking the Benicar med. and large IV abx> doses while in the hospital, something completely contradicted by> the MP guidlines...to not mix unauthorized abx's with Benicar> blockades.> > This is just a reminder that even the most devote and well> intentioned believers in the various cures and protocols need to> constantly monitor and question their progress. Not every new> symptom can be explained as a benign herx or> immunopathology...be carefull out there, its a jungle.>

Penny,

I agree, but more specifically it is human nature to hope to find some

simple "key to everything" that "makes it all go away". It is also

true that society programs people to live in a trance-like state where

they really prefer to be told by someone else what to think and do,

whether we are talking about solutions to health problems, answer to

spiritual questions, how to behave or appear to others, you name it.

A tough thing about serious chronic illness is that if you were not a

ruthlessly objective, independent thinker / fact gatherer before, you

will be forced to become one, or fail to at your own peril. If you

were passive you will be forced to become more assertive, or fail to at

your own peril. If you were sloppy in your thinking you will be forced

to sharpen up, or fail at your own peril.

Purveyors of snake oil prosper because there are a lot of people being

forced to act "out of character" and snake oil provides an "easy way

out" of this dilemma. Sure, people join cult-like belief systems out

of loneliness (I need to belong to something) and fear (what on earth

is happening to me and why, and what will become of me?!), but also

because it's easier, or seems to be for a time anyway (don't know what

to do? Just ask the guru!).

--Bob

Penny Houle wrote:

To stick by something right up to the point of being

hospitalized is unbelievable and I think shows how desperate we get for

some kind of answer and how we'll grasp at just about any promise and

believe in it despite evidence to the contrary. Fear and lonliness are

the driving forces behind this kind of blind belief...

Bob,

Will you agree to become my guru? I too need one... but I can't find one that I can trust :))))

Nelly

Re: [infections] Re: Fwd: Aussie Barb, longest CFS follower on MP

Penny,I agree, but more specifically it is human nature to hope to find some simple "key to everything" that "makes it all go away". It is also true that society programs people to live in a trance-like state where they really prefer to be told by someone else what to think and do, whether we are talking about solutions to health problems, answer to spiritual questions, how to behave or appear to others, you name it.A tough thing about serious chronic illness is that if you were not a ruthlessly objective, independent thinker / fact gatherer before, you will be forced to become one, or fail to at your own peril. If you were passive you will be forced to become more assertive, or fail to at your own peril. If you were sloppy in your thinking you will be forced to sharpen up, or fail at your own peril.Purveyors of snake oil prosper because there are a lot of people being forced to act "out of character" and snake oil provides an "easy way out" of this dilemma. Sure, people join cult-like belief systems out of loneliness (I need to belong to something) and fear (what on earth is happening to me and why, and what will become of me?!), but also because it's easier, or seems to be for a time anyway (don't know what to do? Just ask the guru!). --BobPenny Houle wrote:

To stick by something right up to the point of being hospitalized is unbelievable and I think shows how desperate we get for some kind of answer and how we'll grasp at just about any promise and believe in it despite evidence to the contrary. Fear and lonliness are the driving forces behind this kind of blind belief...

Hah! Sure, just send me all your money and then let me see how many

bizarre things I can get you to do to yourself.

I honestly think that's the cynical mentality behind a lot of these

people ... others are just so eager to fulfill a Jesus complex that

they jump to all sorts of questionable conclusions in their urgency to

become your savior ... then with their ego invested they are very

threatened by other views or even intelligent questions about their own

views. Personally, I think that those two things ultimately explain

95% of modern medicine. The other 5% is what you have to ferret out in

order to get anywhere.

--Bob

Nelly Pointis wrote:

Bob,

Will you agree to become my guru? I

too need one... but I can't find one that I can trust :))))

Nelly

Great points. Not to mention, if you are forced by your illness to suddenly act out of character, you're doing it at a time when you are physically and mentally less able to tackle such a monumental challenge. pennyBob Grommes <bob@...> wrote: Penny,I agree, but more specifically it is human nature to hope to find some simple "key to everything" that "makes it all go away". It is also true that society programs people to live in a trance-like state where

they really prefer to be told by someone else what to think and do, whether we are talking about solutions to health problems, answer to spiritual questions, how to behave or appear to others, you name it.A tough thing about serious chronic illness is that if you were not a ruthlessly objective, independent thinker / fact gatherer before, you will be forced to become one, or fail to at your own peril. If you were passive you will be forced to become more assertive, or fail to at your own peril. If you were sloppy in your thinking you will be forced to sharpen up, or fail at your own peril.Purveyors of snake oil prosper because there are a lot of people being forced to act "out of character" and snake oil provides an "easy way out" of this dilemma. Sure, people join cult-like belief systems out of loneliness (I need to belong to something) and fear (what on earth is happening to me and why, and what will become of me?!), but also because

it's easier, or seems to be for a time anyway (don't know what to do? Just ask the guru!). --BobPenny Houle wrote: To stick by something right up to the point of being hospitalized is unbelievable and I think shows how desperate we get for some kind of answer and how we'll grasp at just about any promise and believe in it despite evidence to the contrary. Fear and lonliness are the driving forces behind this kind of blind belief...