RemedySpot.com

Re: New to group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks , thanks " mommtlc "

you are right, there´s not any DAN in Argentina, we had to travel to

Venezuela to see that gastro, thanks for checking this for me!

I didn´t want to abuse of your time so I´ve skiped some details in

my first post, my son´s been gfcf and low oxalates for 14 months, he

is on probiotics and sac boulardi, and ketoconazole for yeast,

flagyl for clostridia and erhytromicine for strep issues, probably

PANDAS, he´s been also on CLO and did vit A protocol, also multi

minerall sup and B complex plus MB12 shots and enzymes.

Mag citrate and magnesia milk didn´t help.

The only thing that helped was Oxy-mag so I´ll go back to it...

unless you warn me not to.

I agree my son´s immuno system is a mess and he´ll get better when I

could cure his gut.

I know he needs to poo every day in order to detox, but softening

his stools - that´s what most laxatives do - won´t get his motility

better, I´d like to know if someone succeed working straight on this

issue.

Thank you again

> >

> > Hi all!

> > My son (4) has been constipated for about 2.5years, now he is

> > moderate to mild autistic, and we´ve recently read in other list

> > about Miralax as a not so inocuos med, that´s why we ended up

here.

> > My son has been scoped 3 months ago and they found H. Pylori

> > infection among other pathologies. Before that he was on Oxy-mag

as

> > laxative, but after having seen this gastro -trained in DAN

> protocol

> > and specialized in autism-, we switched to Mirlax and added

abx´s

> > for H.Pylori treatment. Being on them my son looked calmer and

> > better over all but not wow gains.

> > After this round of abx My son started to get worse, agressive,

bad

> > mood, worse sleep patterns, etc, and recently he´s tested

positive

> > for clostridium difficile and candida albicans, on top of that

this

> > issue about miralax, he´s taking 6 ts daily and that makes get a

bm

> > every 3/5 days, that´s not really good.

> > My son issue is lack of motility, his stools are not really hard

> > even after 4+ days w/o bm´s, scope confirmed his lower esophagus

> > sfinter was uncompetent.

> > Older blood test revealed smooth muscle antibodies I´m not sure

if

> > this is related.

> > I´d like to hear how parents with similar issues dealed with

> > constipation.

> > Has any one get good results with serotonine agonists? like 5-HT

or

> > antidepresants?

> >

> > Thank you all in advance

> >

> > Buenos Aires

> > Argentina

> >

>

Hi ,

What a lot of work you have been doing - all the dietary restrictions

are hard enough to work out (especially when you go low oxalate),

aside from all the supplements and antimicrobial products! I admire

all the parents like yourself who are doing so much research and work

on their own to help their children. I am lucky that our biggest

hurtle has been getting my son through chronic constipation (and

avoiding Miralax!) and, now, working through yeast and perhaps adding

in GF to the CF we're already doing.

I think that there are a lot of previous posts here on motility. My

son does not seem to have motility issues thankfully, so I have not

had to figure that out. I do not recall seeing any posts on Oxy-Mag

here - what form of magnesium is it? Was the only reason you stopped

using it because the GI doctor said to go with Miralax? Did the GI

doc give a reason for wanting to switch?

I would also suggest looking up previous posts on magnesium citrate

and motility here. If I am remembering correctly, I think some

members have suggested this form of magnesium to be good for motility.

Although I have read at other message boards that some children do

not tolerate the citrate forms of supplements very well.

I also think someone has recently posted on a pharmaceutical product

(prescription) for motility.

best,

> > >

> > > Hi all!

> > > My son (4) has been constipated for about 2.5years, now he is

> > > moderate to mild autistic, and we´ve recently read in other list

> > > about Miralax as a not so inocuos med, that´s why we ended up

> here.

> > > My son has been scoped 3 months ago and they found H. Pylori

> > > infection among other pathologies. Before that he was on Oxy-mag

> as

> > > laxative, but after having seen this gastro -trained in DAN

> > protocol

> > > and specialized in autism-, we switched to Mirlax and added

> abx´s

> > > for H.Pylori treatment. Being on them my son looked calmer and

> > > better over all but not wow gains.

> > > After this round of abx My son started to get worse, agressive,

> bad

> > > mood, worse sleep patterns, etc, and recently he´s tested

> positive

> > > for clostridium difficile and candida albicans, on top of that

> this

> > > issue about miralax, he´s taking 6 ts daily and that makes get a

> bm

> > > every 3/5 days, that´s not really good.

> > > My son issue is lack of motility, his stools are not really hard

> > > even after 4+ days w/o bm´s, scope confirmed his lower esophagus

> > > sfinter was uncompetent.

> > > Older blood test revealed smooth muscle antibodies I´m not sure

> if

> > > this is related.

> > > I´d like to hear how parents with similar issues dealed with

> > > constipation.

> > > Has any one get good results with serotonine agonists? like 5-HT

> or

> > > antidepresants?

> > >

> > > Thank you all in advance

> > >

> > > Buenos Aires

> > > Argentina

> > >

> >

>

There are two schools of thought on oxalates -- the LOD and the

Vitamin K protocol. My son has basically been on the Vitamin K

protocol for a year now -- and it has really been helping him.

It's not a lot more than you are currently doing either. BTW --

Miralax CAUSES oxalates to form....

> > > >

> > > > Hi all!

> > > > My son (4) has been constipated for about 2.5years, now he is

> > > > moderate to mild autistic, and we´ve recently read in other

list

> > > > about Miralax as a not so inocuos med, that´s why we ended up

> > here.

> > > > My son has been scoped 3 months ago and they found H. Pylori

> > > > infection among other pathologies. Before that he was on Oxy-

mag

> > as

> > > > laxative, but after having seen this gastro -trained in DAN

> > > protocol

> > > > and specialized in autism-, we switched to Mirlax and added

> > abx´s

> > > > for H.Pylori treatment. Being on them my son looked calmer

and

> > > > better over all but not wow gains.

> > > > After this round of abx My son started to get worse,

agressive,

> > bad

> > > > mood, worse sleep patterns, etc, and recently he´s tested

> > positive

> > > > for clostridium difficile and candida albicans, on top of

that

> > this

> > > > issue about miralax, he´s taking 6 ts daily and that makes

get a

> > bm

> > > > every 3/5 days, that´s not really good.

> > > > My son issue is lack of motility, his stools are not really

hard

> > > > even after 4+ days w/o bm´s, scope confirmed his lower

esophagus

> > > > sfinter was uncompetent.

> > > > Older blood test revealed smooth muscle antibodies I´m not

sure

> > if

> > > > this is related.

> > > > I´d like to hear how parents with similar issues dealed with

> > > > constipation.

> > > > Has any one get good results with serotonine agonists? like 5-

HT

> > or

> > > > antidepresants?

> > > >

> > > > Thank you all in advance

> > > >

> > > > Buenos Aires

> > > > Argentina

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

• 7 months later...
Guest guest

You know it bloody sucks. If I tell someone that something bothers me, they seem to do it more. My mom is probably the only one that has made a serious effort to not do things around me....to not serve all crunchy foods at supper with a bowl of chips on the side....lol. My 6 year old twin daughters know that certain noises bother mommy. As for my dear husband, he doesn't get it. I've gone off the deep end enough when he throws gum in his mouth that he should know by now.....he tells me to just ignore it and get over it. One day I swear I will have to smack him over the head with a frying pan.....an old one of course. He will get a headache and wonder what the heck that was all about......I will say "see how it feels....see how it hurts me".

Anyways.....

New to group

Hello,

I am new to the group. My name is Debi and I believe my 11 year old son, Elijah, has Sound Sensitivity Disorder. My friend found an article written by Dr. yesterday on the internet and sent it to me. It described my son perfectly. He was fine and then literally woke up one day unable to eat dinner with us or be anywhere near his 6 year old sister. Her lip smacking, chewing, drinking just about anything pushes him to a point that scares us all. Now, he is also fixated on my eating as well.

We don't understand what happened and why. It was as though he woke up a different child one day and we want to help him get back to his old self; if that is even possible.

Can someone help me (and my husband) understand why this happened and give me treatment options? What can we do to help him? He uses ear plugs at the table or just eats in another room on really bad days. He is very bright, does great in school (he's actually starting a new school this fall for gifted children in math and science and technology). He's very excited that he was accepted and I don't want this to affect him there. So far, it's the worst at home with us (even at restaurants with us he goes to a separate booth).

Any help, advice or treatment options are desperately welcomed.

Debi ( & Little Ben)

Shelby Township, Michigan

In a message dated 7/29/2008 8:42:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, vmfcomverizon (DOT) net writes:

>> I'm sorry to say that my mother has always been the root for most of my > triggers. She I first became aware of her snorting, then it went to > everyone else around me. Then it was her talking in german (she's full > german) then it was the computer typing. Now, for the past year or so, > it's just her talking in general!! I mean I can talk to her face to > face, but even then sometimes I say, "Mom, I'm standing right here." > It's mostly a trigger when she's talking on the phone! I think she's > talking soo loud! I can't stand it, I mean most of the time I'll go in > my room and listen to music. But sitting in the car with her talking on > the phone is almost unbareable!! !! Does anyone else have any triggers > like this??>My father was my original trigger. However, my mother became a trigger later on. My mother is

full german also and talkes WAY too loud also. She was a school teacher and I think she just got used to having to project her voice all the time. Anyway, I don't consider her loud talking a trigger so much as just painful. My husband is a loud talker too the difference being that I can make a quiet motion and he will lower his voice for me. The other difference being that if he is talking nearby and I want to go to bed he will move his converation to where I can't hear it. Oh, and my mother talks very very loud on the phone also. When she visits I'm constantly trying to steer her into the fininshed basement when she's on the phone. I don't know why some people feel the need to yell everything they say.I struggle more with the noises of my moms breathing and spit while she is talking though than the talking itself.

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.

Guest guest

do snakes bother your husband, or mice or anything you can bring

home to see how reacts and then ask him WHY ARE YOU AFRAID

OF A BABY MOUSE and he will say, I DON'T KNOW...

and then you say SEE???? Get a chalkboard and run your

fingernails down it and see how he reacts.

Or brushing styrofoam against each other (with headphones on)

and see how he reacts....

To: Soundsensitivity From: vnoe67@...Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:46:35 -0700Subject: Re: New to group

You know it bloody sucks. If I tell someone that something bothers me, they seem to do it more. My mom is probably the only one that has made a serious effort to not do things around me....to not serve all crunchy foods at supper with a bowl of chips on the side....lol. My 6 year old twin daughters know that certain noises bother mommy. As for my dear husband, he doesn't get it. I've gone off the deep end enough when he throws gum in his mouth that he should know by now.....he tells me to just ignore it and get over it. One day I swear I will have to smack him over the head with a frying pan.....an old one of course. He will get a headache and wonder what the heck that was all about......I will say "see how it feels....see how it hurts me". Anyways.....

New to group

Hello,

I am new to the group. My name is Debi and I believe my 11 year old son, Elijah, has Sound Sensitivity Disorder. My friend found an article written by Dr. yesterday on the internet and sent it to me. It described my son perfectly. He was fine and then literally woke up one day unable to eat dinner with us or be anywhere near his 6 year old sister. Her lip smacking, chewing, drinking just about anything pushes him to a point that scares us all. Now, he is also fixated on my eating as well.

We don't understand what happened and why. It was as though he woke up a different child one day and we want to help him get back to his old self; if that is even possible.

Can someone help me (and my husband) understand why this happened and give me treatment options? What can we do to help him? He uses ear plugs at the table or just eats in another room on really bad days. He is very bright, does great in school (he's actually starting a new school this fall for gifted children in math and science and technology). He's very excited that he was accepted and I don't want this to affect him there. So far, it's the worst at home with us (even at restaurants with us he goes to a separate booth).

Debi ( & Little Ben)

In a message dated 7/29/2008 8:42:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, vmfcomverizon (DOT) net writes:

>> I'm sorry to say that my mother has always been the root for most of my > triggers. She I first became aware of her snorting, then it went to > everyone else around me. Then it was her talking in german (she's full > german) then it was the computer typing. Now, for the past year or so, > it's just her talking in general!! I mean I can talk to her face to > face, but even then sometimes I say, "Mom, I'm standing right here." > It's mostly a trigger when she's talking on the phone! I think she's > talking soo loud! I can't stand it, I mean most of the time I'll go in > my room and listen to music. But sitting in the car with her talking on > the phone is almost unbareable!! !! Does anyone else have any triggers > like this??>My father was my original trigger. However, my mother became a trigger later on. My mother is full german also and talkes WAY too loud also. She was a school teacher and I think she just got used to having to project her voice all the time. Anyway, I don't consider her loud talking a trigger so much as just painful. My husband is a loud talker too the difference being that I can make a quiet motion and he will lower his voice for me. The other difference being that if he is talking nearby and I want to go to bed he will move his converation to where I can't hear it. Oh, and my mother talks very very loud on the phone also. When she visits I'm constantly trying to steer her into the fininshed basement when she's on the phone. I don't know why some people feel the need to yell everything they say.I struggle more with the noises of my moms breathing and spit while she is talking though than the talking itself.

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

Guest guest

Hi Debi,

My son who is 9, started the same way. It started about 10 months ago. One day everything was perfectly normal, and the next day he was literally yelling at us about the noises we were making eating. For some reason, his brother and dad seem to set him off more than anyone else. I was reading an article yesterday about magnesium deficiency and plan on making some dietary changes.

I have asked our pediatrician as well as our ENT, both think this is an attempt to get more attention. However, I know my son, and he hates being this way. One thing that we have found that has really helped so far, is that we play music when we eat. It seems like if he has another noise that he likes, it makes it a little more bearable.

I have seen the downloads for misophonia, but I don't know if anyone on the board has tried them.

http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/downloads/hypnotherapy/noise-sensitivity.html

Good luck and hope we all can find something that will work. So far, it seems impossible to get medical help for this condition.

Robyn

To: Soundsensitivity From: zclan33@...Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:05:03 -0400Subject: New to group

Hello,

Debi ( & Little Ben)

>> I'm sorry to say that my mother has always been the root for most of my > triggers. She I first became aware of her snorting, then it went to > everyone else around me. Then it was her talking in german (she's full > german) then it was the computer typing. Now, for the past year or so, > it's just her talking in general!! I mean I can talk to her face to > face, but even then sometimes I say, "Mom, I'm standing right here." > It's mostly a trigger when she's talking on the phone! I think she's > talking soo loud! I can't stand it, I mean most of the time I'll go in > my room and listen to music. But sitting in the car with her talking on > the phone is almost unbareable!!!! Does anyone else have any triggers > like this??>My father was my original trigger. However, my mother became a trigger later on. My mother is full german also and talkes WAY too loud also. She was a school teacher and I think she just got used to having to project her voice all the time. Anyway, I don't consider her loud talking a trigger so much as just painful. My husband is a loud talker too the difference being that I can make a quiet motion and he will lower his voice for me. The other difference being that if he is talking nearby and I want to go to bed he will move his converation to where I can't hear it. Oh, and my mother talks very very loud on the phone also. When she visits I'm constantly trying to steer her into the fininshed basement when she's on the phone. I don't know why some people feel the need to yell everything they say.I struggle more with the noises of my moms breathing and spit while she is talking though than the talking itself.

Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Calendar

PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO MESSAGES ARE TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.Thank you. MJ

Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Recent Activity

New Members

New PhotosVisit Your Group

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Yahoo! Health

Asthma Triggers

How you can

identify them.

Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on Yahoo!

.. __,_._,__

Stay in touch when you're away with Windows Live Messenger. IM anytime you're online.

Guest guest

That is just it. Nothing really bothers him like that. Something must be wrong with him!!

New to group

Hello,

Debi ( & Little Ben)

>> I'm sorry to say that my mother has always been the root for most of my > triggers. She I first became aware of her snorting, then it went to > everyone else around me. Then it was her talking in german (she's full > german) then it was the computer typing. Now, for the past year or so, > it's just her talking in general!! I mean I can talk to her face to > face, but even then sometimes I say, "Mom, I'm standing right here." > It's mostly a trigger when she's talking on the phone! I think she's > talking soo loud! I can't stand it, I mean most of the time I'll go in > my room and listen to music. But sitting in the car with her talking on > the phone is almost unbareable!! !! Does anyone else have any triggers > like this??>My father was my original trigger. However, my mother became a trigger later on. My mother is

full german also and talkes WAY too loud also. She was a school teacher and I think she just got used to having to project her voice all the time. Anyway, I don't consider her loud talking a trigger so much as just painful. My husband is a loud talker too the difference being that I can make a quiet motion and he will lower his voice for me. The other difference being that if he is talking nearby and I want to go to bed he will move his converation to where I can't hear it. Oh, and my mother talks very very loud on the phone also. When she visits I'm constantly trying to steer her into the fininshed basement when she's on the phone. I don't know why some people feel the need to yell everything they say.I struggle more with the noises of my moms breathing and spit while she is talking though than the talking itself.

Guest guest

he can't be perfect!!

ugh, I give up!!!

To: Soundsensitivity From: vnoe67@...Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:59:03 -0700Subject: Re: New to group

That is just it. Nothing really bothers him like that. Something must be wrong with him!!

New to group

Hello,

Debi ( & Little Ben)

>> I'm sorry to say that my mother has always been the root for most of my > triggers. She I first became aware of her snorting, then it went to > everyone else around me. Then it was her talking in german (she's full > german) then it was the computer typing. Now, for the past year or so, > it's just her talking in general!! I mean I can talk to her face to > face, but even then sometimes I say, "Mom, I'm standing right here." > It's mostly a trigger when she's talking on the phone! I think she's > talking soo loud! I can't stand it, I mean most of the time I'll go in > my room and listen to music. But sitting in the car with her talking on > the phone is almost unbareable!! !! Does anyone else have any triggers > like this??>My father was my original trigger. However, my mother became a trigger later on. My mother is full german also and talkes WAY too loud also. She was a school teacher and I think she just got used to having to project her voice all the time. Anyway, I don't consider her loud talking a trigger so much as just painful. My husband is a loud talker too the difference being that I can make a quiet motion and he will lower his voice for me. The other difference being that if he is talking nearby and I want to go to bed he will move his converation to where I can't hear it. Oh, and my mother talks very very loud on the phone also. When she visits I'm constantly trying to steer her into the fininshed basement when she's on the phone. I don't know why some people feel the need to yell everything they say.I struggle more with the noises of my moms breathing and spit while she is talking though than the talking itself.

Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your kids.

Guest guest

I know!!! Definitely not perfect, but I can't find anything in life that could irritate a person the way noise can irritate 4S sufferers!!!

New to group

Hello,

Debi ( & Little Ben)

Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your kids.

Guest guest

I could not have put that into better words :)

>

> Subject: Re: New to group

> To: Soundsensitivity

> Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 2:06 PM

> you're right. it's totally unfair that we have

> serious condition that nobody gives a frig about. If i came

> in and said i had some other, any other condition, people

> would go out of there way to be accommodating. You

> won't see any of us getting our houses sound proofed on

> Extreme Home Makeover. I feel like an idiot even trying to

> explain it to people. I get embarassed. I feel like I

> don't have the 'right' to tell people they are

> hurting me. And that's just wrong! But, there's

> nothing to be done about it. **sigh** And it is serious,

> it's destroying our lives. We all ahve stories of

> isolation from friends, family, society. Do they think we

> honestly prefer to be alone? No. It's just not right.

> But anyway....moving on...

> Tammy

>

>

>

> New to group

>

>

>

> Hello,

>  

> I am new to the group.  My name is Debi and I believe my

> 11 year old son, Elijah, has Sound Sensitivity Disorder. 

> My friend found an article written by Dr. yesterday

> on the internet and sent it to me.  It described my son

> perfectly.  He was fine and then literally woke up one day

> unable to eat dinner with us or be anywhere near his 6 year

> old sister.  Her lip smacking, chewing, drinking just

> about anything pushes him to a point that scares us all. 

> Now, he is also fixated on my eating as well.

>  

> We don't understand what happened and why.  It was as

> though he woke up a different child one day and we want to

> help him get back to his old self; if that is even

> possible.

>  

> Can someone help me (and my husband) understand why this

> happened and give me treatment options?  What can we do to

> help him?  He uses ear plugs at the table or just eats in

> another room on really bad days.  He is very bright, does

> great in school (he's actually starting a new school

> this fall for gifted children in math and science and

> technology).  He's very excited that he was accepted

> and I don't want this to affect him there.  So far,

> it's the worst at home with us (even at restaurants

> with us he goes to a separate booth).

>  

>  

> Any help, advice or treatment options are desperately

> welcomed.

>  

> Debi ( & Little Ben)

> Shelby Township, Michigan

>  

> In a message dated 7/29/2008 8:42:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight

> Time, vmfcomverizon (DOT) net writes:

> >

> > I'm sorry to say that my mother has always been

> the root for most

> of my

> > triggers. She I first became aware of her snorting,

> then it went to

> > everyone else around me. Then it was her talking in

> german (she's

> full

> > german) then it was the computer typing. Now, for the

> past year or

> so,

> > it's just her talking in general!! I mean I can

> talk to her face to

> > face, but even then sometimes I say, " Mom,

> I'm standing right

> here. "

> > It's mostly a trigger when she's talking on

> the phone! I think

> she's

> > talking soo loud! I can't stand it, I mean most of

> the time I'll go

> in

> > my room and listen to music. But sitting in the car

> with her

> talking on

> > the phone is almost unbareable!! !! Does anyone else

> have any

> triggers

> > like this??

> >

>

> My father was my original trigger. However, my mother

> became a

> trigger later on. My mother is full german also and talkes

> WAY too

> loud also. She was a school teacher and I think she just

> got used to

> having to project her voice all the time. Anyway, I

> don't consider

> her loud talking a trigger so much as just painful. My

> husband is a

> loud talker too the difference being that I can make a

> quiet motion

> and he will lower his voice for me. The other difference

> being that

> if he is talking nearby and I want to go to bed he will

> move his

> converation to where I can't hear it. Oh, and my mother

> talks very

> very loud on the phone also. When she visits I'm

> constantly trying to

> steer her into the fininshed basement when she's on the

> phone. I

> don't know why some people feel the need to yell

> everything they say.

>

> I struggle more with the noises of my moms breathing and

> spit while

> she is talking though than the talking itself.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for

> FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

>

> ________________________________

> With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with

> you. Connect on the go.

Guest guest

Robyn,

I just love the doctors--"it must be an attention getting device" or "it's behavioral." They won't listen to anything you say. They just write you off as a mom with a difficult child--probably think you just weren't strict enough and let him get away with bad behavior. They drive me NUTS! My daughter does not like attention. Why would she WANT to have to leave a slumber/birthday party for her best friend because they are having popcorn? How does this benefit her? Having to come home feeling like a weirdo and cry herself to sleep, saying how she wishes she was normal again! This is ridiculous!! As parents we need to insist that the medical community takes this seriously. ARRRRRR!! I get so frustrated!

I empathize with the life you are living.

Take care--

Kathy

New to group

Hello,

Debi ( & Little Ben)

>> I'm sorry to say that my mother has always been the root for most of my > triggers. She I first became aware of her snorting, then it went to > everyone else around me. Then it was her talking in german (she's full > german) then it was the computer typing. Now, for the past year or so, > it's just her talking in general!! I mean I can talk to her face to > face, but even then sometimes I say, "Mom, I'm standing right here." > It's mostly a trigger when she's talking on the phone! I think she's > talking soo loud! I can't stand it, I mean most of the time I'll go in > my room and listen to music. But sitting in the car with her talking on > the phone is almost unbareable!!!! Does anyone else have any triggers > like this??>My father was my original trigger. However, my mother became a trigger later on. My mother is full german also and talkes WAY too loud also. She was a school teacher and I think she just got used to having to project her voice all the time. Anyway, I don't consider her loud talking a trigger so much as just painful. My husband is a loud talker too the difference being that I can make a quiet motion and he will lower his voice for me. The other difference being that if he is talking nearby and I want to go to bed he will move his converation to where I can't hear it. Oh, and my mother talks very very loud on the phone also. When she visits I'm constantly trying to steer her into the fininshed basement when she's on the phone. I don't know why some people feel the need to yell everything they say.I struggle more with the noises of my moms breathing and spit while she is talking though than the talking itself.

Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Calendar

PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS A STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL GROUP AND NO MESSAGES ARE TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OUTSIDE OF THE YAHOO GROUP MEMBERSHIP SITE OR REPRODUCED OR COPIED AND MAILED FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALSO DO NOT SHARE MEMBER EMAIL ADDRESSES OR NAMES WITH ANYONE.Thank you. MJ

Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Recent Activity

New Members

New PhotosVisit Your Group

Meditation andLovingkindnessA Yahoo! Groupto share and learn.

Yahoo! HealthAsthma TriggersHow you canidentify them.

Need traffic?Drive customersWith search adson Yahoo!

.. __,_._,__

Stay in touch when you're away with Windows Live Messenger. IM anytime you're online.

Guest guest

I think we should all go and march in front of the NIH and demand help--we pay taxes and deserve their help!

-----Original Message-----From: Soundsensitivity [mailto:Soundsensitivity ]On Behalf Of Tammy CaseSent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 2:06 PMTo: Soundsensitivity Subject: Re: New to group

you're right. it's totally unfair that we have serious condition that nobody gives a frig about. If i came in and said i had some other, any other condition, people would go out of there way to be accommodating. You won't see any of us getting our houses sound proofed on Extreme Home Makeover. I feel like an idiot even trying to explain it to people. I get embarassed. I feel like I don't have the 'right' to tell people they are hurting me. And that's just wrong! But, there's nothing to be done about it. **sigh** And it is serious, it's destroying our lives. We all ahve stories of isolation from friends, family, society. Do they think we honestly prefer to be alone? No. It's just not right. But anyway....moving on...

Tammy

New to group

Hello,

Debi ( & Little Ben)

Guest guest

Amen ! Preach it. I'm tired of feeling, well...let's be honest. I hope this isn't offensive, it's not meant to be. I have a friend who is gay and I know somewhat of his emotions doing the whole 'coming out' thing. That's what I feel like. I shouldn't have to feel like I'm 'coming out'. Neither should gays, I'm not saying that. But you know what I mean. We shouldn't have to feel like we have to hide who we are. That's all I'm saying.

And to the mothers out there, God bless you! I wish my parents cared even half as much as you all do. It blows my mind that you understand and then, on top of that, Empathize! Wow. My parents raised me thinking I was just a terrible person. So my applause, ladies :)

New to group

Hello,

Debi ( & Little Ben)

Guest guest

I might have been one of those parents who made my child feel like it was their fault if it wasn't for this group. I feel badly for your parents--not having the information and not knowing why their child was the way they were. It's frustrating. Hopefully your parents are now believing you that it's not your fault. Try to forgive them because they just didn't have any support group or way to find out things like we have the internet.

If they still don't listen, then shame on them!!

-----Original Message-----From: Soundsensitivity [mailto:Soundsensitivity ]On Behalf Of Tammy CaseSent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:16 PMTo: Soundsensitivity Subject: Re: New to group

Amen ! Preach it. I'm tired of feeling, well...let's be honest. I hope this isn't offensive, it's not meant to be. I have a friend who is gay and I know somewhat of his emotions doing the whole 'coming out' thing. That's what I feel like. I shouldn't have to feel like I'm 'coming out'. Neither should gays, I'm not saying that. But you know what I mean. We shouldn't have to feel like we have to hide who we are. That's all I'm saying.

And to the mothers out there, God bless you! I wish my parents cared even half as much as you all do. It blows my mind that you understand and then, on top of that, Empathize! Wow. My parents raised me thinking I was just a terrible person. So my applause, ladies :)

New to group

Hello,

Debi ( & Little Ben)

Guest guest

Hello Debi! Welcome to the group. Your son sounds just like

me. I was 12 when it happened to me... I am now 35. It started at

the dinner table and my father was my first trigger. I think the

most important thing you can do is realize that this is really

happening and it's not a cry for attention because he certainly

doesn't like being this way. I'm sure it's extremely confusing and

frustrating for him not knowing himself why this is happening... it

was, and still is for me. I think it's important for you to

communicate with him and let him voice his frustrations.

I try to avoid earplugs because for me it seems to make it worse.

Silence makes my ears search even harder for a sound to hear. Things

that help me at the table are music or some other background

noise. It never totally takes away the sound because people with is

condition seem to be able to pick up on sounds that some can't even

hear, but it helps to mask it a little. I usually listen to an MP3

player if I'm in a situation where it's bad. I admire you for

recognizing that there is something going on because many people

don't realize it's real and think kids are just acting out or that us

adults are just rude and judgmental towards others. If we could

change this we would and that's why we are all here. There is a new

website dedicated to this condition as well.

http://www.soundsensitive.org/

Maybe you could explain his symptoms and that there are others like

him to his doctor and if the doctor has never heard of this sound

sensitivity, which many doctors haven't, give him/her the website to

explore for him/herself. Also, I would inform his teachers to watch

for behavior issues at school so that you can be aware if things

change. Best wishes to you and your son.

Darlene

By the way... I used to live in Grandville, Michigan. Loved it

there. Too bad I'm on a farm in Iowa now. LOL.

>

> Hello,

>

> I am new to the group. My name is Debi and I believe my 11 year

old son,

> Elijah, has Sound Sensitivity Disorder. My friend found an

article written by

> Dr. yesterday on the internet and sent it to me. It

described my son

> perfectly. He was fine and then literally woke up one day unable

to eat

> dinner with us or be anywhere near his 6 year old sister. Her lip

smacking,

> chewing, drinking just about anything pushes him to a point that

scares us all.

> Now, he is also fixated on my eating as well.

>

> We don't understand what happened and why. It was as though he

woke up a

> different child one day and we want to help him get back to his old

self; if

> that is even possible.

>

> Can someone help me (and my husband) understand why this happened

and give

> me treatment options? What can we do to help him? He uses ear

plugs at the

> table or just eats in another room on really bad days. He is very

bright,

> does great in school (he's actually starting a new school this fall

for gifted

> children in math and science and technology). He's very excited

that he was

> accepted and I don't want this to affect him there. So far, it's

the worst at

> home with us (even at restaurants with us he goes to a separate

booth).

>

>

> Any help, advice or treatment options are desperately welcomed.

>

> Debi ( & Little Ben)

>

Guest guest

Vicki O wrote: " As for my dear husband, he doesn't get it " .

You've got one of those too eh? LOL, my husband is the worst at even

trying to understand. He thinks I choose to let the sounds bother

me. Seriously... I enjoy feeling like I'm about to have a nervous

breakdown upon hearing one sound many times a day. DUH! I like your

frying pan over the head idea... If he says " just deal with it " one

more time I just may try that!

Darlene

>

> You know it bloody sucks.  If I tell someone that something bothers

me, they seem to do it more.  My mom is probably the only one that

has made a serious effort to not do things around me....to not serve

all crunchy foods at supper with a bowl of chips on the side....lol. 

My 6 year old twin daughters know that certain noises bother mommy. 

As for my dear husband, he doesn't get it.  I've gone off the deep

end enough when he throws gum in his mouth that he should know by

now.....he tells me to just ignore it and get over it.  One day I

swear I will have to smack him over the head with a frying pan.....an

old one of course.  He will get a headache and wonder what the heck

that was all about......I will say " see how it feels....see how it

hurts me " .  Anyways.....

>

Guest guest

so this morning I had to return some DVD's my boss had lent me

and then he said, Pia, we have to talk later today....I stared at

him for a few moments and then nodded my head.

I have no idea which way this is going to turn out.

Should have worn sunglasses today because I have a feeling

I will end up crying.....as usual. You know how creepy it feels

to know that everyone is talking behind your back and

getting angry with me....I have no more words, NONE.

I will let him do all the talking...see what happens!

To: Soundsensitivity From: vnoe67@...Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:52:43 -0700Subject: Re: New to group

I know!!! Definitely not perfect, but I can't find anything in life that could irritate a person the way noise can irritate 4S sufferers!!!

New to group

Hello,

Debi ( & Little Ben)

Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!

Guest guest

Pia:

Good luck! I certainly hope he has good news for you and not bad.

Maybe, just maybe he is finally able to recognize that yours is a

very real and ongoing disorder that you have NO control over. You'll

be in my thoughts today, and I'll be sending you positive vibes.

Please try to remember that if a new road lies ahead of you it could

lead you to something much better!

>

>

> so this morning I had to return some DVD's my boss had lent me

> and then he said, Pia, we have to talk later today....I stared at

> him for a few moments and then nodded my head.

> I have no idea which way this is going to turn out.

> Should have worn sunglasses today because I have a feeling

> I will end up crying.....as usual. You know how creepy it feels

> to know that everyone is talking behind your back and

> getting angry with me....I have no more words, NONE.

> I will let him do all the talking...see what happens!

>

>

>

> To: Soundsensitivity@...: vnoe67@...: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:52:43 -

0700Subject: Re: New to group

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I know!!! Definitely not perfect, but I can't find anything in

life that could irritate a person the way noise can irritate 4S

sufferers!!!

>

> New to

group

>

>

>

> Hello,

>

> I am new to the group. My name is Debi and I believe my 11 year

old son, Elijah, has Sound Sensitivity Disorder. My friend found an

article written by Dr. yesterday on the internet and sent it

to me. It described my son perfectly. He was fine and then

literally woke up one day unable to eat dinner with us or be anywhere

near his 6 year old sister. Her lip smacking, chewing, drinking just

about anything pushes him to a point that scares us all. Now, he is

also fixated on my eating as well.

>

> We don't understand what happened and why. It was as though he

woke up a different child one day and we want to help him get back to

his old self; if that is even possible.

>

> Can someone help me (and my husband) understand why this happened

and give me treatment options? What can we do to help him? He uses

ear plugs at the table or just eats in another room on really bad

days. He is very bright, does great in school (he's actually

starting a new school this fall for gifted children in math and

science and technology). He's very excited that he was accepted and

I don't want this to affect him there. So far, it's the worst at

home with us (even at restaurants with us he goes to a separate

booth).

>

>

> Any help, advice or treatment options are desperately welcomed.

>

> Debi ( & Little Ben)

>

>

> In a message dated 7/29/2008 8:42:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

vmfcomverizon (DOT) net writes:

>

>

>

>

> >> I'm sorry to say that my mother has always been the root for

most of my > triggers. She I first became aware of her snorting, then

it went to > everyone else around me. Then it was her talking in

german (she's full > german) then it was the computer typing. Now,

for the past year or so, > it's just her talking in general!! I mean

I can talk to her face to > face, but even then sometimes I

say, " Mom, I'm standing right here. " > It's mostly a trigger when

she's talking on the phone! I think she's > talking soo loud! I can't

stand it, I mean most of the time I'll go in > my room and listen to

music. But sitting in the car with her talking on > the phone is

almost unbareable!! !! Does anyone else have any triggers > like

this??>My father was my original trigger. However, my mother became a

trigger later on. My mother is full german also and talkes WAY too

loud also. She was a school teacher and I think she just got used to

having to project her voice all the time. Anyway, I don't consider

her loud talking a trigger so much as just painful. My husband is a

loud talker too the difference being that I can make a quiet motion

and he will lower his voice for me. The other difference being that

if he is talking nearby and I want to go to bed he will move his

converation to where I can't hear it. Oh, and my mother talks very

very loud on the phone also. When she visits I'm constantly trying to

steer her into the fininshed basement when she's on the phone. I

don't know why some people feel the need to yell everything they

say.I struggle more with the noises of my moms breathing and spit

while she is talking though than the talking itself.

>

>

> Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse

Fantasy Football today.

>

> With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you.

Connect on the go.

>

> With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you.

Connect on the go.

>

> Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help

protect your kids.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> _________________________________________________________________

> Time for vacation? WIN what you need- enter now!

> http://www.gowindowslive.com/summergiveaway/?ocid=tag_jlyhm

>

Guest guest

Vicki,

LOL! Acutally, I'd trade my favorite pan if wacking him over the

head would knock some sense into the man! I wish for just one day he

could experience this and then of course I could use my favorite

saying " I told you so " .

> >

> > You know it bloody sucks.  If I tell someone that something

bothers

> me, they seem to do it more.  My mom is probably the only one that

> has made a serious effort to not do things around me....to not

serve

> all crunchy foods at supper with a bowl of chips on the

side....lol. 

> My 6 year old twin daughters know that certain noises bother

mommy. 

> As for my dear husband, he doesn't get it.  I've gone off the deep

> end enough when he throws gum in his mouth that he should know by

> now.....he tells me to just ignore it and get over it.  One day I

> swear I will have to smack him over the head with a frying

pan.....an

> old one of course.  He will get a headache and wonder what the heck

> that was all about......I will say " see how it feels....see how it

> hurts me " .  Anyways.....

> >

>

• 2 months later...

Hi Emma! Welcome to the group. We understand what you are going

through and I'm so sorry that you have to go through this like we

do. But I am glad you found this site and all of us because just

knowing you are NOT alone makes a huge difference. You are not crazy

though I understand that it feels like you are... I felt the same way

until finding this site. I am 35 and I also started my 4S symptoms

around age 10 at the dinner table.

The bad news first... there is no quick fix to this yet. The good

news is that many here have found things that help them to cope with

4S. As far as your job is concerned... try to stick it out. If it's

something you really like I would try my hardest to not let 4S take

it from you as difficult as it may be. I've learned that the more

you give up, the more isolated you become and it really doesn't take

this away. As far as your friend at work is concerned, I would try

to explain why you asked her to stop chewing around you. Explain to

her that this is a " disease " and it causes rage, panic, anxiety,

etc... when you are exposed to sounds. It's not that you are trying

to be mean and angry towards people, it's just a reaction that we

can't control. If she is not talking to you anyhow, you really have

nothing to lose by trying to talk to her. Are you in a type of job

that you could listen to an ipod at work or maybe some Bose noise

cancelling headphones? Maybe you could speak to your boss about this

and he/she would allow it. Another thing that works for some as

strange as it sounds is to eat something crunchy or chew gum yourself

so that you hear your own sounds and not someone elses. I do that at

dinner if we are eating something crunchy like taco's. I'll wait to

take a bite until someone else does. LOL. I would recommend trying

other things besides earplugs. Many people find that earplugs make

4S worse because when your ears are plugged, it's like your brain

searches for sound even more. So the next time you hear a trigger

noise, it sounds even louder the next time you hear it without

earplugs. For me this situation is very true. I rely on my ipod, or

background noise like a fan.

I was diagnosed with anixety/ocd/panic disorder at my doctor and he

gave me paxil which helped with all of those things that I do have,

but like you, the meds did nothing for the sounds. I do take xanax

right now just to take off that edge of anxiety that 4S creates. I

still go bonkers in rage but I do think the xanax helps me calm down

a bit better. Maybe you should try another doctor, especially now

that you are armed with the knowledge that this is REAL and over 800

people on this site alone have it. Also, the NIH sounds really

interested in studying this condition, so that is really exciting for

all of us. In the end, don't give up. It's a frustrating thing to

deal with day in and day out but all we can do is cope until the

answers come. I hope you will find some comfort and strength being

here! Stay strong.

Darlene

>

> Hi All, like many others I only stumbled across this site last

> night. I cannot begin to explain the relief that I feel that I am

> not alone, as many others describe. I have been searching for

> answers for a very long time. I would say this syndrome stems back

> some time from when I was about 10 years old, maybe earlier. I am

> now 34.

> I attempted to find a solution to this problem about 6 years ago

when

> I actually thought to myself surely I cannot be crazy this must be

an

> illness of some sort. I went to the doctors and broke down in

tears

> after the sheer stress of spending yet another year, week, day,

hour

> in work with constant chomping of gum and smacking of lips down my

> ear. I was referred to the mental health clinic who told me I

wasn't

> mad just stressed and gave me a mild form of drug - sertraline (I

> think - apologies of the spelling if I have got this wrong). This

> did NOT work. This was six years ago. I still have it to a severe

> degree I believe. I left that company and a fantastic job as I

> couldn't cope any longer.

> I have lived my life with earplugs, cotton wool in my ears. The

> final straw and the reason I began to research this again came

after

> Friday just gone when I finished work (another company) after

kicking

> the heater across the room in sheer rage that someone was hammering

> open the keyboard all week to the point that I need to get away and

> never ever return. Nobody understands me they think I am crazy. I

> told the lady, of whom I am very good friends to please stop doing

it

> so loud like hammering, plonk plonk plonk AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, the

> lady behind me also smacks her chewing gum and roles it round in

her

> mouth showing her gum to me as she speaks looking like a cow

chewing

> cud with her BIG rubber lips AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I have

> yelled at her to STOP SMACKING YOUR LIPS IN MY FACE AND EARS. My

> friend is no longer my friend and has taken massive offence to what

I

> have asked her to stop doing. She is no longer speaking to me. I

am

> her supervisor and they look at me like I am absolutely mental. My

> trouble and problem is I am panicking as I have to go to work

> tomorrow and I can't do it. I have a very responsible job, I am a

> professional nearly qualified accountant and my career is about to

be

> destroyed, and my livlihood and everything that I have worked so

damn

> hard for, because of these noises that have destroyed much of my

> life.

> To give a background, as I child I could not eat at the table as my

> mums jaw cracks (she cant help this and I love her more than

anything

> in the world) and my dad smacks his lips I have been called crazy

etc

> etc as I do it back to try and let them know how i hate it, to no

> avail. I was put in the kitchen on my own at a table as

punishment.

> However it wasnt punishment as I LOVED IT, PEACE NO NOISES! This

only

> lasted for a day or so and I was put back into torture at the

family

> table. I soon discovered at a young age the joy of cotton wool and

> earplugs and can now eat at a table with my " equipment! "

> Following on from a child, I have ended relationships because of

> heavy breathing on MORE than one occasion. I have ended

friendships

> because I hit my friend for smacking her lips whilst chewing gum.

> I have left work to move to another job where the same thing

occurs.

> I have written my notice on Friday after coming home in such a

state

> after going into a rage over NOISES and have it here to hand in

> tomorrow. I don't want to, I LOVE my job, I love my career but I

can

> not do it anymore. This now spins over to selling my house that I

> wont be able to afford etc etc i.e. my life is getting destroyed.

> How happy was I last night to stumble across this. I thought I was

> the only one, as I have been referred to as mental, crackers etc so

> many many times. And until last night I really thought maybe they

> were right as there were no other sufferers or answers. I cannot

> beging to explain how I feel to find their are others.

> I am wondering what to do next? Does anybody have any advice,

> answers, help before I hand my notice in tomorrow or suffer yet

> another day of smacking lips, chomping, breathing, hammering the

> keyboard, or even worse a meal out with people!!!!!

> Thank you, waiting in extreme anticipation!

> Emma

>

Emma

Think twice before handing in your notice today and go to talk with your manager and explain your condidtion. Show them how much it upsets you and evidence from this site.Think of some small ways in which you could manage, eg taking short quiet breaks, using an ipod, think of ways to tell your colleagues about your condidtion so they can understand and try these new arrangments for a short period and review how it is going with your manager.

Dont give up just yet, its very hard, but you need their help and understanding to be able to manage at work.

Dianne

Subject: New to GroupTo: Soundsensitivity Date: Sunday, 26 October, 2008, 2:42 PM

Hi All, like many others I only stumbled across this site last night. I cannot begin to explain the relief that I feel that I am not alone, as many others describe. I have been searching for answers for a very long time. I would say this syndrome stems back some time from when I was about 10 years old, maybe earlier. I am now 34. I attempted to find a solution to this problem about 6 years ago when I actually thought to myself surely I cannot be crazy this must be an illness of some sort. I went to the doctors and broke down in tears after the sheer stress of spending yet another year, week, day, hour in work with constant chomping of gum and smacking of lips down my ear. I was referred to the mental health clinic who told me I wasn't mad just stressed and gave me a mild form of drug - sertraline (I think - apologies of the spelling if I have got this wrong). This did NOT work. This was six

years ago. I still have it to a severe degree I believe. I left that company and a fantastic job as I couldn't cope any longer.I have lived my life with earplugs, cotton wool in my ears. The final straw and the reason I began to research this again came after Friday just gone when I finished work (another company) after kicking the heater across the room in sheer rage that someone was hammering open the keyboard all week to the point that I need to get away and never ever return. Nobody understands me they think I am crazy. I told the lady, of whom I am very good friends to please stop doing it so loud like hammering, plonk plonk plonk AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, the lady behind me also smacks her chewing gum and roles it round in her mouth showing her gum to me as she speaks looking like a cow chewing cud with her BIG rubber lips AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH HHHHHHHHHH, I have yelled at her to STOP SMACKING YOUR

LIPS IN MY FACE AND EARS. My friend is no longer my friend and has taken massive offence to what I have asked her to stop doing. She is no longer speaking to me. I am her supervisor and they look at me like I am absolutely mental. My trouble and problem is I am panicking as I have to go to work tomorrow and I can't do it. I have a very responsible job, I am a professional nearly qualified accountant and my career is about to be destroyed, and my livlihood and everything that I have worked so damn hard for, because of these noises that have destroyed much of my life. To give a background, as I child I could not eat at the table as my mums jaw cracks (she cant help this and I love her more than anything in the world) and my dad smacks his lips I have been called crazy etc etc as I do it back to try and let them know how i hate it, to no avail. I was put in the kitchen on my own at a table as

punishment. However it wasnt punishment as I LOVED IT, PEACE NO NOISES! This only lasted for a day or so and I was put back into torture at the family table. I soon discovered at a young age the joy of cotton wool and earplugs and can now eat at a table with my "equipment!"Following on from a child, I have ended relationships because of heavy breathing on MORE than one occasion. I have ended friendships because I hit my friend for smacking her lips whilst chewing gum.I have left work to move to another job where the same thing occurs. I have written my notice on Friday after coming home in such a state after going into a rage over NOISES and have it here to hand in tomorrow. I don't want to, I LOVE my job, I love my career but I can not do it anymore. This now spins over to selling my house that I wont be able to afford etc etc i.e. my life is getting destroyed.How happy was I last night to stumble

across this. I thought I was the only one, as I have been referred to as mental, crackers etc so many many times. And until last night I really thought maybe they were right as there were no other sufferers or answers. I cannot beging to explain how I feel to find their are others.I am wondering what to do next? Does anybody have any advice, answers, help before I hand my notice in tomorrow or suffer yet another day of smacking lips, chomping, breathing, hammering the keyboard, or even worse a meal out with people!!!!!Thank you, waiting in extreme anticipation!Emma

• 1 month later...

Hello ,

I think it's really important to know that 'Autism is Treatable'

Here are good websites to learn about this:

http://www.autism.com/families/index.htm

http://www.autism.com/autism/index.htm

http://www.autism.com/treatable/form34qr.htm

There is a lot of hope and much that you can do to help your daughter.

Read everything you can, ask questions and learn how to help her

succeed.

Best wishes to you and to your daughter.

Nagla

>

> Hi, My name is and my 5 yr old daughter was just DX with

> Autism, Aspergers syndrome, IED and ADHD. I am here looking to get

> some knowledge on the conditions and to learn how to help her the

> best that i can. She was a 32 week preemie twin and has always had

> little ticks. Well, that's what my husband and i like to call them.

> She acted like a " Normal " child with a very few small things until

> this point. At the age of two we started to notice repetitive

> behavior. Repeating things over and over for hours. She is a big

time

> loner. Likes anything electronic to the point of obsessiveness.

> Everything seemed to be fine until the last 6 months she started to

> act out violently and started to not be able to verbalize

frustration

> and things that she was able to say and communicate before. We

didn't

> understand what was going on with her and she was getting more and

> more with drawn and violent. I took her to her pediatrician and he

> said she was showing signs of Autism. I not knowing anything about

it

> and being very un educated thought that he was crazy. I did take

her

> to a psychiatrist like he suggested and sure enough he too said she

> had all of those DX's. I guess there are different degree's to the

> level of the Autism. I see her function very well in most cases but

> then sometimes she goes into that other place and isn't herself or

> what i thought was her self. She is now started this new thing of

> talking in a high pitched screechy voice. I have only learned of

her

> DX's 3 days ago so of course am in total shock and wondering what

to

> do next. They have her on Gufanice twice a day which does seem to

> help. I am now on a mission to learn as much as i can about this

and

> to try and help her the best way i can. I am happy to have found

such

> a wonderful site and appreciate any and all advice comments or

input.

> I look forward to being a part of this group.

>

> thanks

>

Hi , welcome! The Autism Society of Collin County

has a great beginning reference at http://autism-ascc.org/pauls.htm

.. It’s not been updated recently, but is an excellent starting

point.

Tonya

[mailto:Texas-Autism-Advocacy ] On Behalf Of Ang

Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 9:17 AM

To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy

Subject: New to group

Hi, My name is and my 5 yr old daughter

was just DX with

Autism, Aspergers syndrome, IED and ADHD. I am here looking to get

some knowledge on the conditions and to learn how to help her the

best that i can. She was a 32 week preemie twin and has always had

little ticks. Well, that's what my husband and i like to call them.

She acted like a " Normal " child with a very few small things until

this point. At the age of two we started to notice repetitive

behavior. Repeating things over and over for hours. She is a big time

loner. Likes anything electronic to the point of obsessiveness.

Everything seemed to be fine until the last 6 months she started to

act out violently and started to not be able to verbalize frustration

and things that she was able to say and communicate before. We didn't

understand what was going on with her and she was getting more and

more with drawn and violent. I took her to her pediatrician and he

said she was showing signs of Autism. I not knowing anything about it

and being very un educated thought that he was crazy. I did take her

to a psychiatrist like he suggested and sure enough he too said she

had all of those DX's. I guess there are different degree's to the

level of the Autism. I see her function very well in most cases but

then sometimes she goes into that other place and isn't herself or

what i thought was her self. She is now started this new thing of

talking in a high pitched screechy voice. I have only learned of her

DX's 3 days ago so of course am in total shock and wondering what to

do next. They have her on Gufanice twice a day which does seem to

help. I am now on a mission to learn as much as i can about this and

to try and help her the best way i can. I am happy to have found such

a wonderful site and appreciate any and all advice comments or input.

I look forward to being a part of this group.

thanks

Thank you everyone for the information and support. I am starting the

journey of research right now. Thanks again

> >

> > Hi, My name is and my 5 yr old daughter was just DX with

> > Autism, Aspergers syndrome, IED and ADHD. I am here looking to

get

> > some knowledge on the conditions and to learn how to help her the

> > best that i can. She was a 32 week preemie twin and has always

had

> > little ticks. Well, that's what my husband and i like to call

them.

> > She acted like a " Normal " child with a very few small things

until

> > this point. At the age of two we started to notice repetitive

> > behavior. Repeating things over and over for hours. She is a big

> time

> > loner. Likes anything electronic to the point of obsessiveness.

> > Everything seemed to be fine until the last 6 months she started

to

> > act out violently and started to not be able to verbalize

> frustration

> > and things that she was able to say and communicate before. We

> didn't

> > understand what was going on with her and she was getting more

and

> > more with drawn and violent. I took her to her pediatrician and

he

> > said she was showing signs of Autism. I not knowing anything

about

> it

> > and being very un educated thought that he was crazy. I did take

> her

> > to a psychiatrist like he suggested and sure enough he too said

she

> > had all of those DX's. I guess there are different degree's to

the

> > level of the Autism. I see her function very well in most cases

but

> > then sometimes she goes into that other place and isn't herself

or

> > what i thought was her self. She is now started this new thing of

> > talking in a high pitched screechy voice. I have only learned of

> her

> > DX's 3 days ago so of course am in total shock and wondering what

> to

> > do next. They have her on Gufanice twice a day which does seem to

> > help. I am now on a mission to learn as much as i can about this

> and

> > to try and help her the best way i can. I am happy to have found

> such

> > a wonderful site and appreciate any and all advice comments or

> input.

> > I look forward to being a part of this group.

> >

> > thanks

> >

>