RemedySpot.com

Re: Cipro/flouroquinolone drugs: FDA calls for ur...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'm a victim of the quinolone drugs. When I took Levaquin, I experienced toxic psychosis, achilies tendon issues and brachial nerve damage. I also had mania, anxiety, dizziness and tinittus that went away. Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!

Guest guest

I made a conscious decision to risk tendon damage because I need the

cipro more (until I can find something better). My left elbow's been

killing me for the last week or so, which according to the FDA, means I

I could blow a tendon at any moment. Honestly, I think they're over

reacting a bit for the general population (not those predisposed). This

is not the first time I've had elbow and other tendon problems while on

Cipro. What I've found helps immensely is loading up on Magnesium. It

just occurred to me a few days ago, with my eye twitching like crazy,

that I was depleted of mag. again (I think Cipro may be an antagonist).

As soon as I reloaded on the magnesium, the eye twitching stopped and

my elbow feels immensely better. My doc also said he's had very little

problem with Cipro and far more problems with its cousin, Levaquin.

I'm not at all saying that Cipro's not a problem for tendons, but maybe

not quite as drastic as is currently being reported. Definitely

something to watch out for if you're on Cipro, or are athletic, etc (I

don't let my kids take it because they are serious dancers). What would

be nice is if docs/FDA would let people know that magnesium can really

help.

penny

--- In infections , ThunderLungsABA@...

wrote:

>

> I'm a victim of the quinolone drugs. When I took Levaquin, I

experienced

> toxic psychosis, achilies tendon issues and brachial nerve damage. I

also had

> mania, anxiety, dizziness and tinittus that went away.

>

>

>

> **************Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the

live music

> scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!

> (http://www.tourtracker.com?NCID=aolmus00050000000112)

>

Guest guest

penny im forwarding this to another group if you dont mind, as someone has been asking me about cipro damage and i mentioned Mg to them but great to get your testimony,hope things improve with it, it done me the world of good and is one of the only ones strong enough sometimes to get the bastards when their rampent,bleuOn 14 Jul 2008, at 20:28, penny wrote:I made a conscious decision to risk tendon damage because I need the cipro more (until I can find something better). My left elbow's been killing me for the last week or so, which according to the FDA, means I I could blow a tendon at any moment. Honestly, I think they're over reacting a bit for the general population (not those predisposed). This is not the first time I've had elbow and other tendon problems while on Cipro. What I've found helps immensely is loading up on Magnesium. It just occurred to me a few days ago, with my eye twitching like crazy, that I was depleted of mag. again (I think Cipro may be an antagonist). As soon as I reloaded on the magnesium, the eye twitching stopped and my elbow feels immensely better. My doc also said he's had very little problem with Cipro and far more problems with its cousin, Levaquin.I'm not at all saying that Cipro's not a problem for tendons, but maybe not quite as drastic as is currently being reported. Definitely something to watch out for if you're on Cipro, or are athletic, etc (I don't let my kids take it because they are serious dancers). What would be nice is if docs/FDA would let people know that magnesium can really help.penny--- In infections , ThunderLungsABA@... wrote:>> I'm a victim of the quinolone drugs. When I took Levaquin, I experienced > toxic psychosis, achilies tendon issues and brachial nerve damage. I also had > mania, anxiety, dizziness and tinittus that went away. > > > > **************Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music > scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com! > (http://www.tourtracker.com?NCID=aolmus00050000000112)>

Guest guest

absolutely. glad to help.

penny

I made a conscious decision to risk tendon damage because I need the cipro more (until I can find something better). My left elbow's been killing me for the last week or so, which according to the FDA, means I I could blow a tendon at any moment. Honestly, I think they're over reacting a bit for the general population (not those predisposed) . This is not the first time I've had elbow and other tendon problems while on Cipro. What I've found helps immensely is loading up on Magnesium. It just occurred to me a few days ago, with my eye twitching like crazy, that I was depleted of mag. again (I think Cipro may be an antagonist). As soon as I reloaded on the magnesium, the eye twitching stopped and my elbow feels immensely better. My doc also said he's had very little problem with Cipro and far more problems with its cousin, Levaquin.I'm not at all saying that Cipro's not a problem for tendons, but maybe not quite as drastic as is currently being reported. Definitely something to watch out for if you're on Cipro, or are athletic, etc (I don't let my kids take it because they are serious dancers). What would be

nice is if docs/FDA would let people know that magnesium can really help.penny>> I'm a victim of the quinolone drugs. When I took Levaquin, I experienced > toxic psychosis, achilies tendon issues and brachial nerve damage. I also had > mania, anxiety, dizziness and tinittus that went away. > > > > ************ **Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music > scene in your area - Check out TourTracker. com! > (http://www.tourtrac ker.com?NCID= aolmus0005000000 0112)>