RemedySpot.com

Re: Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Have you ever thought of a muesuem? or a neighbor park?SariTo: texas-autism-advocacy Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 9:27:02 PMSubject: Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area) Hello All!   Being newly seperated from my husband and winter break has the boys (both autistic) here all day every day, I am asking for any and all suggestions for activites.  Our apartment is too small to keep them in all day, and I'm really struggling to fill the hours of the day with enough activity to satisfy the sensory need for movement.  We live in Denton, and have a little bit of money to spend, but not much. Any suggestions or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.   Thanks so much for the help,

are they young enough to enjoy Mcs with the ball pit.

Is there any place with horses nearby for short rides

can you purchase the little mini trampoline about $25-$30 if Walmart still carries them or maybe Academy.

What about a large exercise ball to take with you to a park. The one we adults buy and don't use. They are usually $10- $15.

Subject: Re: Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area)To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Date: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 10:53 PM

Have you ever thought of a muesuem? or a neighbor park?

Sari

From: ashley proa <ashleyproayahoo (DOT) com>To: texas-autism- advocacy@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 9:27:02 PMSubject: [Texas-Autism- Advocacy] Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area)

Hello All!

Being newly seperated from my husband and winter break has the boys (both autistic) here all day every day, I am asking for any and all suggestions for activites. Our apartment is too small to keep them in all day, and I'm really struggling to fill the hours of the day with enough activity to satisfy the sensory need for movement. We live in Denton, and have a little bit of money to spend, but not much. Any suggestions or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks so much for the help,

Have you thought about the YMCA? My boys love the sensory experience of the warm pool and they say they want to help with finances. They say they don't want money to be a reason you don't join. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Diane V Murrell Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 21:38:23 -0800 (PST)To: <Texas-Autism-Advocacy >Subject: Re: Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area) are they young enough to enjoy Mcs with the ball pit.Is there any place with horses nearby for short ridescan you purchase the little mini trampoline about $25-$30 if Walmart still carries them or maybe Academy.What about a large exercise ball to take with you to a park. The one we adults buy and don't use. They are usually $10- $15.From: F F <glamfreeusa>Subject: Re: Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area)To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Date: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 10:53 PMHave you ever thought of a muesuem? or a neighbor park?SariFrom: ashley proa <ashleyproayahoo (DOT) com>To: texas-autism- advocacy@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 9:27:02 PMSubject: [Texas-Autism- Advocacy] Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area)Hello All! Being newly seperated from my husband and winter break has the boys (both autistic) here all day every day, I am asking for any and all suggestions for activites. Our apartment is too small to keep them in all day, and I'm really struggling to fill the hours of the day with enough activity to satisfy the sensory need for movement. We live in Denton, and have a little bit of money to spend, but not much. Any suggestions or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much for the help,

Our oldest is 5 1/2 and the younger is 3 1/2. They really love our local park and the outdoor playcenter at Mcs, but when it's really chilly they just hate it.

Subject: Re: Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area)To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 8:55 AM

Hi ,I don't know how old your children are, but there is a learning center that offers acting classes for children on the autism spectrum. http://www.iasislea rningcenter. com/I'm from the Denton area as well. How old are your kids? I may be able to think of some more ideas.Take care, Caldwell, M.Ed.http://www.Positive lyAutism. com/Autism Newsletter and Resources for Parents and Teachers>> Hello All!> > Being newly seperated from my husband and winter break has the boys (both autistic) here all day every day, I

am asking for any and all suggestions for activites. Our apartment is too small to keep them in all day, and I'm really struggling to fill the hours of the day with enough activity to satisfy the sensory need for movement. We live in Denton, and have a little bit of money to spend, but not much. Any suggestions or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.> > Thanks so much for the help,> >

Look at play it again sports too! That's where I got mine. You may also want to purchase a mini-bounce house-someone donated an awesome one to our facility and the kids can't get enough of it!LesliUtUSent via BlackBerry from T-MobileFrom: ashley proa Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 07:55:32 -0800 (PST)To: <Texas-Autism-Advocacy >Subject: Re: Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area) i really like the mini trampoline idea, as my youngest (the one with sensory issues with movement) gets the most input when jumping. My bed is his usual trampoline, but i love the idea of having a little one that he can use anytime. I'll look at walmart and sports authority and see what i can find.thanksFrom: F F <glamfreeusa@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: [Texas-Autism- Advocacy] Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area)To: Texas-Autism- Advocacy@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 10:53 PMHave you ever thought of a muesuem? or a neighbor park?SariFrom: ashley proa <ashleyproayahoo (DOT) com>To: texas-autism- advocacy@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 9:27:02 PMSubject: [Texas-Autism- Advocacy] Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area)Hello All! Being newly seperated from my husband and winter break has the boys (both autistic) here all day every day, I am asking for any and all suggestions for activites. Our apartment is too small to keep them in all day, and I'm really struggling to fill the hours of the day with enough activity to satisfy the sensory need for movement. We live in Denton, and have a little bit of money to spend, but not much. Any suggestions or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much for the help,

a mini bounce house? i've never heard of those. How big are they?

From: F F <glamfreeusa@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: [Texas-Autism- Advocacy] Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area)To: Texas-Autism- Advocacy@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 10:53 PM

Have you ever thought of a muesuem? or a neighbor park?

Sari

From: ashley proa <ashleyproayahoo (DOT) com>To: texas-autism- advocacy@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 9:27:02 PMSubject: [Texas-Autism- Advocacy] Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area)

Hello All!

Being newly seperated from my husband and winter break has the boys (both autistic) here all day every day, I am asking for any and all suggestions for activites. Our apartment is too small to keep them in all day, and I'm really struggling to fill the hours of the day with enough activity to satisfy the sensory need for movement. We live in Denton, and have a little bit of money to spend, but not much. Any suggestions or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

I read through some of the suggestions, but didn't notice anyone suggesting the Autism Society in Denton. They have a socialization group. When I was going to TWU I knew when their events were, but it never worked out for us to participate. I wish I had a contact number for you. They did lots of fun things with the kids.

Sharon Lemons

Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area)

Hello All!

we do family counseling at twu, so when the center opens back up, i'll certainly ask. I didn't even know that there was an autism society of denton, and we've lived here before the kids were born. I'll definately check it out.

thanks

ashley

Subject: Re: Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area)To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Date: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 4:55 PM

I read through some of the suggestions, but didn't notice anyone suggesting the Autism Society in Denton. They have a socialization group. When I was going to TWU I knew when their events were, but it never worked out for us to participate. I wish I had a contact number for you. They did lots of fun things with the kids.

Sharon Lemons

[Texas-Autism- Advocacy] Suggestions for low-cost or free activites (especially Denton area)

Hello All!