I would look first for substances that allege adaptagenic properties

rather than simplistic "stimulation". If you have a sense that you are

overwhelmingly up or downregulated from what you need to be then

experiment with nudging your immune system in a specific direction very

gently and cautiously. But always be looking for root causes rather

than only trying to lay in a fix, too.

--Bob

melillo3 wrote:

Has anyone used this supplement called Zrii for CFS?

I read Dr. Chopra uses it in his clinic. A CFS patient told me her

doctor told her to try it. It helped an FM patient reduce her meds,

and thats the only report I have, maybe too new of a product.

Website is: zrii.com

It contains several ingredients, a berry call 'Amalaki" that

stimulates the immune system.

Thanks,

Al

Has anyone else tried Turmeric and capsaicin, both used in repairing mitochondrial DNA in the cell. I have used both for at least 15 months, and I feel much stronger, at my last Doctors visit, when told to squeeze her fingers, the Doctor said "wow You have a grip their. Also very safe, their just food and very cheap in Asian markets. I buy my own empty caps. and fill my own. Huge improvement for about 25 dollars a year

Has anyone used this supplement called Zrii for CFS?I read Dr. Chopra uses it in his clinic. A CFS patient told me herdoctor told her to try it. It helped an FM patient reduce her meds,and thats the only report I have, maybe too new of a product.Website is: zrii.comIt contains several ingredients, a berry call 'Amalaki" thatstimulates the immune system.Thanks,Al

>Has anyone else tried Turmeric and capsaicin,

I was, then I got worried when there was talk of lead having been found in some turmeric product from Vitacost. So although it was not the one I was using (turmeric + capsaicin) I decided to stop taking it. I'll never know if it was helping or not, I only took it for a couple of months steady

Nelly

Re: [infections] Zrii - supplement used by Dr. Deepak Chopra

Has anyone else tried Turmeric and capsaicin, both used in repairing mitochondrial DNA in the cell. I have used both for at least 15 months, and I feel much stronger, at my last Doctors visit, when told to squeeze her fingers, the Doctor said "wow You have a grip their. Also very safe, their just food and very cheap in Asian markets. I buy my own empty caps. and fill my own. Huge improvement for about 25 dollars a year

Has anyone used this supplement called Zrii for CFS?I read Dr. Chopra uses it in his clinic. A CFS patient told me herdoctor told her to try it. It helped an FM patient reduce her meds,and thats the only report I have, maybe too new of a product.Website is: zrii.comIt contains several ingredients, a berry call 'Amalaki" thatstimulates the immune system.Thanks,Al

If you look up turmeric root and hot peppers you will find a great many health benefits. I find it hard to figure how lead would end up in a vegetable product, unless someone was putting it in. I've seen some wild talk. for and against almost everything on the market. A person has to use their own best judgement on everything. Jimd

I wouldn't be influenced by the "Deepak" factor, either. I'm literally walking distance from his center and know people who've worked for him. The fact he sells this supplement would not convince me of anything.

penny

Some plants accumulate various things that can be found in the soil or in the air

Nelly

Re: [infections] Zrii - supplement used by Dr. Deepak Chopra

If you look up turmeric root and hot peppers you will find a great many health benefits. I find it hard to figure how lead would end up in a vegetable product, unless someone was putting it in. I've seen some wild talk. for and against almost everything on the market. A person has to use their own best judgement on everything. Jimd

Weil is another one I

wouldn't give the time of day. He has made disparaging, blaming

statements about EI / MCS / CFS and other chronic illnesses in the

past. I don't have the references but I remember distinctly putting

him on my sh_t list several years back for that reason. He is no

different than a mainstream doctor who doesn't want to hear anything

that doesn't fit his theories and worldview.

As for Deepak, I purchased one of his books and it started out with

various provocative yet wholly unsubstantiated statements he assumes to

be true. The whole book was built on those premises and he never got

around to presenting any evidence for them. Anyone who approaches a

subject like that gets tuned out by me pretty quick ...

Sometimes I think guys like this start out with some good ideas but

quickly succumb to the "publish or perish" syndrome to feed their money

machine, long after they have anything useful to say.

--Bob

Penny Houle wrote:

I wouldn't be influenced by the "Deepak" factor, either.

I'm literally walking distance from his center and know people who've

worked for him. The fact he sells this supplement would not convince me

of anything.

penny

Has anyone used this supplement

called Zrii for CFS?

I read Dr. Chopra uses it in his clinic. A CFS patient told me her

doctor told her to try it. It helped an FM patient reduce her meds,

and thats the only report I have, maybe too new of a product.

Website is: zrii.com

It contains several ingredients, a berry call 'Amalaki" that

stimulates the immune system.

Thanks,

Al

Or they want to be famous, or make a buck (or both).

Barb

> >> Has anyone used this supplement called Zrii for

CFS?

> >>

> >> I read Dr. Chopra uses it in his clinic. A CFS

> >> patient told me her

> >> doctor told her to try it. It helped an FM

patient

> >> reduce her meds,

> >> and thats the only report I have, maybe too new

of a

> >> product.

> >>

> >> Website is: zrii.com

> >>

> >> It contains several ingredients, a berry call

> >> 'Amalaki " that

> >> stimulates the immune system.

> >>

> >> Thanks,

> >> Al

> >>

> >

> >

> >

>

"Or they want to be famous, or make a buck (or both)."Barb

Deepak's already both. His books and medical advice are basically recycled versions of ancient Indian practices but the difference is, he has gotten incredibly wealthy from selling them. INCREDIBLY wealthy. One of his best buddies is one of the wealthiest men on the planet and they jet all over the world together for fun. He may be doing good, I don't know, but I've heard stories about his temper and how he's all about the greenbacks. Of course that's all hearsay as I certainly don't know him. But based on things I've heard, I don't really care to either. :-)

penny

From: Barb Peck <egroups1bp@...>Subject: [infections] Re: Zrii - supplement used by Dr. Deepak Choprainfections Date: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 5:09 PM

Or they want to be famous, or make a buck (or both).Barb> >> Has anyone used this supplement called Zrii for CFS?> >>> >> I read Dr. Chopra uses it in his clinic. A CFS> >> patient told me her> >> doctor told her to try it. It helped an FM patient> >> reduce her meds,> >> and thats the only report I have, maybe too new of a> >> product.> >>> >> Website is: zrii.com> >>> >> It contains several ingredients, a berry call> >> 'Amalaki" that> >> stimulates the immune system.> >>> >>

Thanks,> >> Al> >>> >> >> >>