Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

:

Magnesium and calcium should be taken together for acouple of

reasons...

Like alot of substances are optimum when in the correct ratio to

each other and not so beneficial when taken separately... I always

take them together and I take 300 mg Mag with 600 mg Ca.

Plus you should not take over 500 mg (half a gram) at a time

because they body can only absorb about that amount at one time. If

you want to take a gram- then do it in 2 doses..

Nelly:

Hmmmmmmmmm interesting. USUALLY - anyone can keep increasing a

does of Magnesium untill you reach " bowel intolerance " and diarreah

results.. so if you can't take ANY amount, then it indicates that you

are absorbing any - and your bowel in intolerant of any amount as

you're getting the symptom of over dose with small amounts..

So what happens when you eat nuts ( some are high in magnesium) - do

you get diarreah from nuts also?

Barb

> >

> > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of

things,

> including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your

> muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It

> relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the

fact

> hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of

proves

> that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help

bruxism

> as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for

constipation

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Barb,

Yes, I get diarrhea from nuts (especially cashews), not so bad with almonds.

But again, it's hard for me to tell as diarrhea and loose stools have been a major feature of my illness right from the start, in fact that was my first real symptom (apart from the sore knee and then the EM rash which came 6 months after my gut problems began).

In the last couple of years I thought I had beaten the gut problems and I was having normal stools (almost always). Last 2 months bang! the old gut problems are back. Can't pin them down to anything new I've been doing/eating.

But to get back to the topic of mag, yes if I take any supplemental mag (even glycinate) I get frank diarrhea. Nelly

[infections] Re: Magnesium- Nelly/

: Magnesium and calcium should be taken together for acouple of reasons... Like alot of substances are optimum when in the correct ratio to each other and not so beneficial when taken separately... I always take them together and I take 300 mg Mag with 600 mg Ca. Plus you should not take over 500 mg (half a gram) at a time because they body can only absorb about that amount at one time. If you want to take a gram- then do it in 2 doses..Nelly: Hmmmmmmmmm interesting. USUALLY - anyone can keep increasing a does of Magnesium untill you reach "bowel intolerance" and diarreah results.. so if you can't take ANY amount, then it indicates that youare absorbing any - and your bowel in intolerant of any amount as you're getting the symptom of over dose with small amounts..So what happens when you eat nuts ( some are high in magnesium) - do you get diarreah from nuts also? Barb> >> > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of things, > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the fact > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of proves > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help bruxism > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for constipation > > > > >

Guest guest

Since diarrhea only occurs when you've got more mg than you can absorb, that suggests you either aren't absorbing it for some reason or you have enough already and don't need any. What happens if you take calcium? I actually know someone whose tests showed he had too much mg (he ate loads of greens). His doc told him to take calcium since calcium antagonizes mg. Do you notice any kind of gut improvement if you take calcium? penny Nelly Pointis <janel@...> wrote: Barb, Yes, I get diarrhea from nuts (especially cashews), not so bad with almonds. But again, it's hard for me to tell as diarrhea and loose stools have been a major feature of my illness right from the start, in fact that was my first real symptom (apart from the sore knee and then the EM rash which came 6 months after my gut problems began). In the last couple of years I thought I had beaten the gut problems and I was having normal stools (almost always). Last 2 months bang! the old gut problems are back. Can't pin them down to

anything new I've been doing/eating. But to get back to the topic of mag, yes if I take any supplemental mag (even glycinate) I get frank diarrhea. Nelly [infections] Re: Magnesium- Nelly/ : Magnesium and calcium should be taken together for acouple of reasons... Like alot of substances are optimum when in the correct ratio to each other and not so beneficial when taken separately... I always take them together and I take 300 mg Mag with 600 mg Ca. Plus you should not take over 500 mg (half a gram) at a time because they body can only absorb about that amount at one time. If you want to take a gram- then do it in 2 doses..Nelly: Hmmmmmmmmm interesting. USUALLY - anyone can keep increasing a does of Magnesium untill you reach "bowel intolerance" and diarreah results.. so if you can't take ANY amount, then it indicates that youare absorbing any - and your bowel in intolerant of any amount as you're getting the symptom of over dose with small amounts..So what happens when you eat nuts ( some are high in

magnesium) - do you get diarreah from nuts also? Barb> >> > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of

things, > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the fact > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of proves > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help bruxism > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for constipation > > > > >

Guest guest

Penny,

No, calcium does nothing to my gut, good or bad.

My gut is extra sensitive to many things, incl all mag, gluten, dairy to a certain extent.

Nelly

: Magnesium and calcium should be taken together for acouple of reasons... Like alot of substances are optimum when in the correct ratio to each other and not so beneficial when taken separately... I always take them together and I take 300 mg Mag with 600 mg Ca. Plus you should not take over 500 mg (half a gram) at a time because they body can only absorb about that amount at one time. If you want to take a gram- then do it in 2 doses..Nelly: Hmmmmmmmmm interesting. USUALLY - anyone can keep increasing a does of Magnesium untill you reach "bowel intolerance" and diarreah results.. so if you can't take ANY amount, then it indicates that youare absorbing any - and your bowel in intolerant of any amount as you're getting the symptom of over dose with small amounts..So what happens when you eat nuts ( some are high in magnesium) - do you get diarreah from nuts also? Barb> >> > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of things, > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the fact > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of proves > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help bruxism > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for constipation > > > > >

Guest guest

Nelly:

SInce we all know now that immunity starts in the gut-

Digestive problems and GI problems (constant diarrhea) is something

you really ahve to fix.. Yeah- how to do it though, especially if

you've had the problem for years.???

Have you investigated Probiotics, prebiotics or synbiotics.. I

don't know what combo you'll need- you'll probably have to try

different stuff..

(See Reference 1 for a description of all three).

You're probably deficient in Magnesium if you can't ingest it..

or absorb it.

DO you still have the problem if you ingest calcium and

magnesium together?

Barb

http://nanocal.com/calcium.htm

> > >

> > > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for

lots of

> things,

> > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen

to your

> > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for

sure. It

> > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me.

Plus, the

> fact

> > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack

kind of

> proves

> > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might

help

> bruxism

> > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for

> constipation

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

After taking antifungals lamisil and amp b for for about 5 months, my chronic constipation turned the other way. I took AF for about 18 months in total, 1) they did me the world of good and made improvements in many areas, 2) they caused another problem with the gut passing too much. I am now doing well taking probiotics and importantly brewers yeast, (Levure de biere), which is actually putting fungi (a species called saccharomyces cerevisiae) back in. I have noticed much better levels of calm (B vitamins?) and the colon is still not right but constantly improving. having a markedly less number of downtime. I might try to get some Saccharomyces boulardii nexthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SaccharomycesOn 10 Mar 2008, at 15:23, Barb Peck wrote:Nelly:SInce we all know now that immunity starts in the gut- Digestive problems and GI problems (constant diarrhea) is something you really ahve to fix.. Yeah- how to do it though, especially if you've had the problem for years.???Have you investigated Probiotics, prebiotics or synbiotics.. I don't know what combo you'll need- you'll probably have to try different stuff..(See Reference 1 for a description of all three).You're probably deficient in Magnesium if you can't ingest it.. or absorb it.DO you still have the problem if you ingest calcium and magnesium together?Barbhttp://nanocal.com/calcium.htm> > >> > > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of > things, > > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the > fact > > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of > proves > > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help > bruxism > > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for > constipation > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

'Saccharomyces yeasts can form symbiotic matrices with bacteria, and are used to produce kombucha, kefir and ginger beer.'I am also taking kombucha, and in the past had a bout with kefir that lasted quite a while. Maybe the kefir  would have lasted longer if i had cleaned out the nasty fungi and associates that the AF addressed. for the record I don't go along with labeling all fungi infections 'candida' I think there might be just one or two other players in their little tag team....... (after all there are millions of species of fungi, and according to your well meaning 'alternative' healer candida is the only bugger in the room. On 10 Mar 2008, at 15:23, Barb Peck wrote:Nelly:SInce we all know now that immunity starts in the gut- Digestive problems and GI problems (constant diarrhea) is something you really ahve to fix.. Yeah- how to do it though, especially if you've had the problem for years.???Have you investigated Probiotics, prebiotics or synbiotics.. I don't know what combo you'll need- you'll probably have to try different stuff..(See Reference 1 for a description of all three).You're probably deficient in Magnesium if you can't ingest it.. or absorb it.DO you still have the problem if you ingest calcium and magnesium together?Barbhttp://nanocal.com/calcium.htm> > >> > > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of > things, > > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the > fact > > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of > proves > > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help > bruxism > > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for > constipation > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

I know, gut problems are both at the root and the result of many of my problems.

And yes, I have done (and I am still doing) everything I can with pro/prebiotics, I thought I had things conquered up to a few months ago (for a couple of years) but for some reason my gut is bad again.

I did take mag/cal tablets once a long time ago and I never finished them because of diarrhea (I threw out the bottle only a few days ago in fact).

The only thing that stops the loose stools is codeine (in fact codeine makes me feel much better the next day), I just don't want to take it all the time, I don't want to turn into House MD :))

Nelly

[infections] Re: Magnesium- Nelly/> > > :> > Magnesium and calcium should be taken together for acouple of > reasons...> Like alot of substances are optimum when in the correct ratio to > each other and not so beneficial when taken separately... I always > take them together and I take 300 mg Mag with 600 mg Ca.> Plus you should not take over 500 mg (half a gram) at a time > because they body can only absorb about that amount at one time. If > you want to take a gram- then do it in 2 doses..> > > Nelly:> Hmmmmmmmmm interesting. USUALLY - anyone can keep increasing a > does of Magnesium untill you reach "bowel intolerance" and diarreah > results.. so if you can't take ANY amount, then it indicates that you> are absorbing any - and your bowel in intolerant of any amount as > you're getting the symptom of over dose with small amounts..> > So what happens when you eat nuts ( some are high in magnesium) - do > you get diarreah from nuts also? > > Barb> > > > > > >> > > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of > things, > > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the > fact > > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of > proves > > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help > bruxism > > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for > constipation > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Bleu,

Saccharomyces boulardii give me diarrhea as well, they're big on them here in France (as you know) but they don't help me at all. High dose probiotics helped me for a while but not anymore. There could be many reasons as I am also taking abx and other things as well.

Nelly

Re: [infections] Re: Magnesium- Nelly/

After taking antifungals lamisil and amp b for for about 5 months, my chronic constipation turned the other way. I took AF for about 18 months in total, 1) they did me the world of good and made improvements in many areas, 2) they caused another problem with the gut passing too much.

I am now doing well taking probiotics and importantly brewers yeast, (Levure de biere), which is actually putting fungi (a species called saccharomyces cerevisiae) back in. I have noticed much better levels of calm (B vitamins?) and the colon is still not right but constantly improving. having a markedly less number of downtime. I might try to get some Saccharomyces boulardii next

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccharomyces

On 10 Mar 2008, at 15:23, Barb Peck wrote:

Nelly:SInce we all know now that immunity starts in the gut- Digestive problems and GI problems (constant diarrhea) is something you really ahve to fix.. Yeah- how to do it though, especially if you've had the problem for years.???Have you investigated Probiotics, prebiotics or synbiotics.. I don't know what combo you'll need- you'll probably have to try different stuff..(See Reference 1 for a description of all three).You're probably deficient in Magnesium if you can't ingest it.. or absorb it.DO you still have the problem if you ingest calcium and magnesium together?Barbhttp://nanocal.com/calcium.htm> > >> > > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of > things, > > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the > fact > > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of > proves > > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help > bruxism > > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for > constipation > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

IN fact, I suspected the gluten-free bread I was buying, it was very nice so I think I overdid it a bit, so it might've resulted in me ingesting a lot more carbohydrate than previously. I rang the bakery and they assured me there was no chance there was gluten in their bread (rice, chestnut and buck-wheat). I am not strictly speaking celiac but I do much better off gluten.

Nelly

'Saccharomyces yeasts can form symbiotic matrices with bacteria, and are used to produce kombucha, kefir and ginger beer.'

I am also taking kombucha, and in the past had a bout with kefir that lasted quite a while. Maybe the kefir would have lasted longer if i had cleaned out the nasty fungi and associates that the AF addressed. for the record I don't go along with labeling all fungi infections 'candida' I think there might be just one or two other players in their little tag team........ (after all there are millions of species of fungi, and according to your well meaning 'alternative' healer candida is the only bugger in the room.

Nelly:SInce we all know now that immunity starts in the gut- Digestive problems and GI problems (constant diarrhea) is something you really ahve to fix.. Yeah- how to do it though, especially if you've had the problem for years.???Have you investigated Probiotics, prebiotics or synbiotics.. I don't know what combo you'll need- you'll probably have to try different stuff..(See Reference 1 for a description of all three).You're probably deficient in Magnesium if you can't ingest it.. or absorb it.DO you still have the problem if you ingest calcium and magnesium together?Barbhttp://nanocal.com/calcium.htm> > >> > > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of > things, > > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the > fact > > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of > proves > > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help > bruxism > > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for > constipation > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

how about  saccharomyces cerevisiae?On 10 Mar 2008, at 16:57, Nelly Pointis wrote:Bleu, Saccharomyces boulardii give me diarrhea as well, they're big on them here in France (as you know) but they don't help me at all. High dose probiotics helped me for a while but not anymore. There could be many reasons as I am also taking abx and other things as well. Nelly Re: [infections] Re: Magnesium- Nelly/After taking antifungals lamisil and amp b for for about 5 months, my chronic constipation turned the other way. I took AF for about 18 months in total, 1) they did me the world of good and made improvements in many areas, 2) they caused another problem with the gut passing too much. I am now doing well taking probiotics and importantly brewers yeast, (Levure de biere), which is actually putting fungi (a species called saccharomyces cerevisiae) back in. I have noticed much better levels of calm (B vitamins?) and the colon is still not right but constantly improving. having a markedly less number of downtime. I might try to get some Saccharomyces boulardii nexthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SaccharomycesOn 10 Mar 2008, at 15:23, Barb Peck wrote:Nelly:SInce we all know now that immunity starts in the gut- Digestive problems and GI problems (constant diarrhea) is something you really ahve to fix.. Yeah- how to do it though, especially if you've had the problem for years.???Have you investigated Probiotics, prebiotics or synbiotics.. I don't know what combo you'll need- you'll probably have to try different stuff..(See Reference 1 for a description of all three).You're probably deficient in Magnesium if you can't ingest it.. or absorb it.DO you still have the problem if you ingest calcium and magnesium together?Barbhttp://nanocal.com/calcium.htm> > >> > > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of > things, > > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the > fact > > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of > proves > > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help > bruxism > > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for > constipation > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Tried that too (levure de bière aka brewer's yeast right?) but maybe not for long enough it also gave me the runs.

Since I got sick nearly EVERYTHING gives me the runs!!

I really thought I had beaten this but it's been right back last few months. I think I have thought and tried everthing there is to try, I am thinking of trying juicing vegetables with just a bit of white rice for a couple of weeks, it did help in the past. I think I could do it easily if I lived on my own but my husband loves eating (and so do I) so it's hard watching somebody eat when you just have juice. Plus it's a lot of work, all the shopping for vegies, juicing and cleaning up.

Nelly

After taking antifungals lamisil and amp b for for about 5 months, my chronic constipation turned the other way. I took AF for about 18 months in total, 1) they did me the world of good and made improvements in many areas, 2) they caused another problem with the gut passing too much.

I am now doing well taking probiotics and importantly brewers yeast, (Levure de biere), which is actually putting fungi (a species called saccharomyces cerevisiae) back in. I have noticed much better levels of calm (B vitamins?) and the colon is still not right but constantly improving. having a markedly less number of downtime. I might try to get some Saccharomyces boulardii next

Guest guest

In that case I think what your next port of call is a complete stool analysis, this has to be done privately as normal labs cannot be trusted (from experience). In the UK is a company called parascope.co.uk (best in the country) who is run by bob (they saved my life years ago finding campylobactor when the local retards missed it 3 times). The cost 110 UKP for a test, then send it to you in the post and you return it likewise. For an extra 40UKP they test for H pylori that might also be worth looking for. Disclaimer i could not find them recently as they had no site and online info was outdated for old office. I made them a new website asap. They do send to France, and you can say your a friend of me. Results take about 2 weeks.On 10 Mar 2008, at 17:38, Nelly Pointis wrote:Tried that too (levure de bière aka brewer's yeast right?) but maybe not for long enough it also gave me the runs. Since I got sick nearly EVERYTHING gives me the runs!! I really thought I had beaten this but it's been right back last few months. I think I have thought and tried everthing there is to try, I am thinking of trying juicing vegetables with just a bit of white rice for a couple of weeks, it did help in the past. I think I could do it easily if I lived on my own but my husband loves eating (and so do I) so it's hard watching somebody eat when you just have juice. Plus it's a lot of work, all the shopping for vegies, juicing and cleaning up. Nelly Re: [infections] Re: Magnesium- Nelly/After taking antifungals lamisil and amp b for for about 5 months, my chronic constipation turned the other way. I took AF for about 18 months in total, 1) they did me the world of good and made improvements in many areas, 2) they caused another problem with the gut passing too much. I am now doing well taking probiotics and importantly brewers yeast, (Levure de biere), which is actually putting fungi (a species called saccharomyces cerevisiae) back in. I have noticed much better levels of calm (B vitamins?) and the colon is still not right but constantly improving. having a markedly less number of downtime. I might try to get some Saccharomyces boulardii nexthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SaccharomycesOn 10 Mar 2008, at 15:23, Barb Peck wrote:Nelly:SInce we all know now that immunity starts in the gut- Digestive problems and GI problems (constant diarrhea) is something you really ahve to fix.. Yeah- how to do it though, especially if you've had the problem for years.???Have you investigated Probiotics, prebiotics or synbiotics.. I don't know what combo you'll need- you'll probably have to try different stuff..(See Reference 1 for a description of all three).You're probably deficient in Magnesium if you can't ingest it.. or absorb it.DO you still have the problem if you ingest calcium and magnesium together?Barbhttp://nanocal.com/calcium.htm> > >> > > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of > things, > > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the > fact > > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of > proves > > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help > bruxism > > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for > constipation > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Stool Analysis Parascope Leeds

THIS SERVICE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

This is what is on their site now, but I am seeing my ID doc 2 weeks from now and I will ask for a stools analysis

Thanks

Nelly

Guest guest

You might also try L-Glutamine powder if you haven't already, it is healing to the gut......

infections From: colourbleu@...Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:50:27 +0100Subject: Re: [infections] Re: Magnesium- Nelly/

In that case I think what your next port of call is a complete stool analysis, this has to be done privately as normal labs cannot be trusted (from experience). In the UK is a company called parascope.co.uk (best in the country) who is run by bob (they saved my life years ago finding campylobactor when the local retards missed it 3 times). The cost 110 UKP for a test, then send it to you in the post and you return it likewise. For an extra 40UKP they test for H pylori that might also be worth looking for. Disclaimer i could not find them recently as they had no site and online info was outdated for old office. I made them a new website asap. They do send to France, and you can say your a friend of me. Results take about 2 weeks.

On 10 Mar 2008, at 17:38, Nelly Pointis wrote:

Tried that too (levure de bière aka brewer's yeast right?) but maybe not for long enough it also gave me the runs.

Since I got sick nearly EVERYTHING gives me the runs!!

I really thought I had beaten this but it's been right back last few months. I think I have thought and tried everthing there is to try, I am thinking of trying juicing vegetables with just a bit of white rice for a couple of weeks, it did help in the past. I think I could do it easily if I lived on my own but my husband loves eating (and so do I) so it's hard watching somebody eat when you just have juice. Plus it's a lot of work, all the shopping for vegies, juicing and cleaning up.

Nelly

Guest guest

Thats a real shame, bob told me he was retiring soon and was unsure of the services future, he felt that others such as IWDL had filled the niche and there was no longer such a need to continue the service. It looks like they could not or did not find someone else to continue it.IWDL is more expensive i think for similar tests.http://www.iwdl.net/home.htmOn 10 Mar 2008, at 17:58, Nelly Pointis wrote:Stool Analysis Parascope LeedsTHIS SERVICE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.This is what is on their site now, but I am seeing my ID doc 2 weeks from now and I will ask for a stools analysisThanksNelly Re: [infections] Re: Magnesium- Nelly/After taking antifungals lamisil and amp b for for about 5 months, my chronic constipation turned the other way. I took AF for about 18 months in total, 1) they did me the world of good and made improvements in many areas, 2) they caused another problem with the gut passing too much. I am now doing well taking probiotics and importantly brewers yeast, (Levure de biere), which is actually putting fungi (a species called saccharomyces cerevisiae) back in. I have noticed much better levels of calm (B vitamins?) and the colon is still not right but constantly improving. having a markedly less number of downtime. I might try to get some Saccharomyces boulardii nexthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SaccharomycesOn 10 Mar 2008, at 15:23, Barb Peck wrote:Nelly:SInce we all know now that immunity starts in the gut- Digestive problems and GI problems (constant diarrhea) is something you really ahve to fix.. Yeah- how to do it though, especially if you've had the problem for years.???Have you investigated Probiotics, prebiotics or synbiotics.. I don't know what combo you'll need- you'll probably have to try different stuff..(See Reference 1 for a description of all three).You're probably deficient in Magnesium if you can't ingest it.. or absorb it.DO you still have the problem if you ingest calcium and magnesium together?Barbhttp://nanocal.com/calcium.htm> > >> > > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of > things, > > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the > fact > > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of > proves > > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help > bruxism > > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for > constipation > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest
http://www.iwdl.net/Stools%20CSAP.htmlooks like you need a referring physician.... which adds another layer of hassle, cost.On 10 Mar 2008, at 18:05, Agentbleu wrote:Thats a real shame, bob told me he was retiring soon and was unsure of the services future, he felt that others such as IWDL had filled the niche and there was no longer such a need to continue the service. It looks like they could not or did not find someone else to continue it.IWDL is more expensive i think for similar tests.http://www.iwdl.net/home.htmOn 10 Mar 2008, at 17:58, Nelly Pointis wrote:Stool Analysis Parascope LeedsTHIS SERVICE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.This is what is on their site now, but I am seeing my ID doc 2 weeks from now and I will ask for a stools analysisThanksNelly Re: [infections] Re: Magnesium- Nelly/After taking antifungals lamisil and amp b for for about 5 months, my chronic constipation turned the other way. I took AF for about 18 months in total, 1) they did me the world of good and made improvements in many areas, 2) they caused another problem with the gut passing too much. I am now doing well taking probiotics and importantly brewers yeast, (Levure de biere), which is actually putting fungi (a species called saccharomyces cerevisiae) back in. I have noticed much better levels of calm (B vitamins?) and the colon is still not right but constantly improving. having a markedly less number of downtime. I might try to get some Saccharomyces boulardii nexthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SaccharomycesOn 10 Mar 2008, at 15:23, Barb Peck wrote:Nelly:SInce we all know now that immunity starts in the gut- Digestive problems and GI problems (constant diarrhea) is something you really ahve to fix.. Yeah- how to do it though, especially if you've had the problem for years.???Have you investigated Probiotics, prebiotics or synbiotics.. I don't know what combo you'll need- you'll probably have to try different stuff..(See Reference 1 for a description of all three).You're probably deficient in Magnesium if you can't ingest it.. or absorb it.DO you still have the problem if you ingest calcium and magnesium together?Barbhttp://nanocal.com/calcium.htm> > >> > > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of > things, > > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the > fact > > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of > proves > > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help > bruxism > > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for > constipation > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

I haven't mentioned it before, but since startting the nasal spray, which has amp B in it, I've been WAY more regular as far as digestion goes. You know how they say a properly functioning colon will produce numerous bowell movements daily? Well that's been happening to me for the first time. And they're healthy movements (I don't really want to go into great description). My friend tells me that antifungals always helps her digestion/bowell function as well. pennyAgentbleu <colourbleu@...> wrote: After

taking antifungals lamisil and amp b for for about 5 months, my chronic constipation turned the other way. I took AF for about 18 months in total, 1) they did me the world of good and made improvements in many areas, 2) they caused another problem with the gut passing too much. I am now doing well taking probiotics and importantly brewers yeast, (Levure de biere), which is actually putting fungi (a species called saccharomyces cerevisiae) back in. I have noticed much better levels of calm (B vitamins?) and the colon is still not right but constantly improving. having a markedly less number of downtime. I might try to get some Saccharomyces boulardii next http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccharomyces On 10 Mar 2008, at 15:23, Barb Peck wrote: Nelly:SInce we all know now that immunity starts in the gut- Digestive problems and GI problems (constant diarrhea) is

something you really ahve to fix.. Yeah- how to do it though, especially if you've had the problem for years.???Have you investigated Probiotics, prebiotics or synbiotics.. I don't know what combo you'll need- you'll probably have to try different stuff..(See Reference 1 for a description of all three).You're probably deficient in Magnesium if you can't ingest it.. or absorb it.DO you still have the problem if you ingest calcium and magnesium together?Barbhttp://nanocal.com/calcium.htm> > >> > > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of > things, > > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the > fact > > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of > proves > > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help > bruxism > > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for > constipation > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

The problem with probiotics, IMO, is that the bugs become resistant to them as well. I found mine only worked for a while. Most people I know have to constantly change them up to keep them effective. And the scary part is that the bacteria are capable of swapping genetic material with the probiotics so that they become partners with them. That's why I'm always a little scared of probiotics. I'm lucky though that my gut for the most part is pretty stable. Only thing I can't tolerate is aspirin type products so I hold my breath and keep my fingers crossed that it will continue to tolerate everything I put in it. I know that once your gut goes, things get WAY trickier. I also know, though, that if you can get some of your bugs reduced, that your gut will often improve pretty dramatically as well, so it's a kind of fine edged sword figuring it all out. pennyNelly Pointis <janel@...> wrote: Bleu, Saccharomyces boulardii give me diarrhea as well, they're big on them here in France (as you know) but they don't help me at all. High dose probiotics helped me for a while but not anymore. There could be many reasons as I am also taking abx and other things as well. Nelly Re: [infections] Re: Magnesium- Nelly/ After taking antifungals lamisil and amp b for for about 5 months, my chronic constipation turned the other way. I took AF for about 18 months in total, 1) they did me the world of good and made improvements in many areas, 2) they caused another problem with the gut passing too much. I am now doing well taking probiotics and importantly brewers yeast, (Levure de biere), which is actually putting fungi (a species called saccharomyces cerevisiae) back in. I have noticed much better levels of calm (B vitamins?) and the colon is still not right but constantly improving. having a markedly less number of downtime. I might try to get some Saccharomyces boulardii next http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccharomyces On 10 Mar 2008, at 15:23, Barb Peck wrote: Nelly:SInce we all know now that immunity starts in the gut- Digestive problems and GI problems (constant diarrhea) is something you really ahve to fix.. Yeah- how to do it though, especially if you've had the problem for years.???Have you investigated Probiotics, prebiotics or synbiotics.. I don't know what combo you'll need- you'll probably have to try different stuff..(See Reference 1 for a description of all three).You're probably deficient in Magnesium if you can't ingest it.. or absorb it.DO you still have the problem if you ingest calcium and magnesium together?Barbhttp://nanocal.com/calcium.htm> > >> > > I'm a big

fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of > things, > > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the > fact > > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of > proves > > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help > bruxism > > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for > constipation > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

That's something I haven't tried, read about it recently though, on another list someone was saying it cured...everything incl irritable bowel, so I might try

Nelly

Guest guest

Dear Nelly

I'll bet my boots that you are sensitive to fruit sugars as well (fructose, sorbitol from stone frit and galactose from papaya) . If so, you may well be sensitive to fructans and other sugar relatives (some derived from wheat).

Kind of restricting in ones diet !!!

If you are sensitive to dairy, I'd be interested if you tolerate A2 milk better than A1(probably not available in your neck of the woods).

R

Guest guest

That's right , fruit no good, dairy no good, gluten no good, sugar no good!

At one stage, I went on a rice + vegies + meat + fish diet NOTHING ELSE (the occasional nut and at the time I also had some soy). And I improved lots. Before going on that strict diet I had constant diarrhea, barely enough energy to drag myself out of bed at midday, throw myself into my car, drive 10 minutes to the Uni where I gave 2 hrs of (easy) lecturing from 2 pm to 4 pm and by 4 30pm I was back in bed for the rest of the day. After a few weeks I noticed improvements, after a few months I was able to go back to full-time work (albeit fairly flexible hours, starting late, job I knew well and a supportive environment) but it definitely helped me.

I stayed on this exact same diet for a few years, and I was about 60% OK. I decided to move back to France (from Sydney Australia) and keeping to my very strict diet became very difficult due to a variety of reasons. I also was not so certain it was necessary to punish myself in such a fashion forever.

To cut a long story short, I tried many things re diet, I tried to re-introduce gluten (disastrous), fruit, dairy and sugar I think I can take with moderation but that's a difficult thing to do because how long is a piece of string?

In the mean time, in 92, about 18 months after my return to France, I was bitten by DOZENS of ticks over a 4 day period, nymphs that had obviously just hatched in the tall grass near the country house someone had lent us for a few days. My husband (bitten by the same ticks) became violently ill about 4 weeks later with obvious 'flu-like symptoms, fever, jelly-like legs, headache, aches everywhere, which lasted for about 1 month really bad then he was still very, very weak for 3 months then he gradually "recovered" (except he didn't).

That was the first time for my husband whereas I had already had many tick-bites and a beautiful EM rash in 82 at the start of my illness.

My health slowly deteriorated but I was still functional, I juggled my diet as best I could but not strictly, then in 95 I crashed with massive vertigo, heart going crazy, palpitations, very low BP, buzzing in head, unable to even sit up etc etc

See, this is why I hate talking about myself, it is so complex, so many things working together, I just don't have any answers. In fact it makes me really depressed, the fight has been going on for so long. I feel I can't keep juggling all the different bits, I feel I am never doing everything right, I spend my whole time feeling guilty (should be taking this, shouldn't be taking that, why am I not doing this or that etc.) FED UP!

Sorry, people, it gets too much at times

Nelly

Guest guest

i think we all can relate to this nelly...On 10 Mar 2008, at 23:37, Nelly Pointis wrote:See, this is why I hate talking about myself, it is so complex, so many things working together, I just don't have any answers. In fact it makes me really depressed, the fight has been going on for so long. I feel I can't keep juggling all the different bits, I feel I am never doing everything right, I spend my whole time feeling guilty (should be taking this, shouldn't be taking that, why am I not doing this or that etc.) FED UP!

Guest guest

Don't be sorry, Nelly. We understand your frustration. I just wish people "out there" had some inkling how hard this is. It's a very hard way to have to live. Constant hope and fear. Every time you see some improvement you have to live with the fear/knowledge that it probably won't last, and yet you can't help but hope that this time will be different and you'll truly be on the road to full recovery. It makes every setback so devastating. Your fight is heroic. Your courage helps keep us all going and that makes for a worthwhile life, even if it's a difficult one and one you wouldn't have chosen for yourself. We're all fighters here and we help each other muster the strength to keep fighting. Some day, some how, that refusal to give up WILL pay off. penny Nelly Pointis <janel@...> wrote: That's right , fruit no good, dairy no good, gluten no good, sugar no good! At one stage, I went on a rice + vegies + meat + fish diet NOTHING ELSE (the occasional nut and at the time I also had some soy). And I

improved lots. Before going on that strict diet I had constant diarrhea, barely enough energy to drag myself out of bed at midday, throw myself into my car, drive 10 minutes to the Uni where I gave 2 hrs of (easy) lecturing from 2 pm to 4 pm and by 4 30pm I was back in bed for the rest of the day. After a few weeks I noticed improvements, after a few months I was able to go back to full-time work (albeit fairly flexible hours, starting late, job I knew well and a supportive environment) but it definitely helped me. I stayed on this exact same diet for a few years, and I was about 60% OK. I decided to move back to France (from Sydney Australia) and keeping to my very strict diet became very difficult due to a variety of reasons. I also was not so certain it was necessary to punish myself in such a fashion forever. To cut a long story short, I tried many things re diet, I tried to re-introduce gluten (disastrous), fruit, dairy and sugar I think I can take with moderation but that's a difficult thing to do because how long is a piece of string? In the mean time, in 92, about 18 months after my return to France, I was bitten by DOZENS of ticks over a 4 day period, nymphs that had obviously just hatched in the tall grass near the country house someone had lent us for a few days. My husband (bitten by the same ticks) became violently ill about 4 weeks later with obvious 'flu-like symptoms, fever, jelly-like legs, headache, aches everywhere, which lasted for about 1 month really bad then he was still very, very weak for 3 months then he gradually "recovered" (except he didn't). That was the first time for my husband whereas I had already had many tick-bites and a beautiful EM rash in 82 at the start of my illness. My health slowly deteriorated but I was still functional, I juggled my diet as best I could but not strictly, then in 95 I crashed with massive vertigo, heart going crazy, palpitations, very low BP, buzzing in head, unable to even sit up etc etc See, this is why I hate talking about myself, it is so complex, so many things working together, I just don't have any answers. In fact it makes me really depressed, the fight has been going on for so long. I feel I can't keep juggling all the different bits, I feel I am never doing everything right, I spend my whole time feeling

guilty (should be taking this, shouldn't be taking that, why am I not doing this or that etc.) FED UP! Sorry, people, it gets too much at times Nelly [infections] Re: Magnesium- Nelly/ : Magnesium and calcium should be taken together for acouple of reasons... Like alot of substances are optimum when in the correct ratio to each other and not so beneficial when taken separately... I always take them together and I take 300 mg Mag with 600 mg Ca. Plus you should not take over 500 mg (half a gram) at a time because they body can only absorb about that amount at one time. If you want to take a gram- then do it in 2 doses..Nelly: Hmmmmmmmmm

interesting. USUALLY - anyone can keep increasing a does of Magnesium untill you reach "bowel intolerance" and diarreah results.. so if you can't take ANY amount, then it indicates that youare absorbing any - and your bowel in intolerant of any amount as you're getting the symptom of over dose with small amounts..So what happens when you eat nuts ( some are high in magnesium) - do you get diarreah from nuts also? Barb> >> > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of things, > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the fact > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of proves > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help

bruxism > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for constipation > > > > >

Guest guest

Don't be sorry, Nelly. We understand your frustration. I just wish people "out there" had some inkling how hard this is. It's a very hard way to have to live. Constant hope and fear. Every time you see some improvement you have to live with the fear/knowledge that it probably won't last, and yet you can't help but hope that this time will be different and you'll truly be on the road to full recovery. It makes every setback so devastating. Your fight is heroic. Your courage helps keep us all going and that makes for a worthwhile life, even if it's a difficult one and one you wouldn't have chosen for yourself. We're all fighters here and we help each other muster the strength to keep fighting. Some day, some how, that refusal to give up WILL pay off. penny Nelly Pointis <janel@...> wrote: That's right , fruit no good, dairy no good, gluten no good, sugar no good! At one stage, I went on a rice + vegies + meat + fish diet NOTHING ELSE (the occasional nut and at the time I also had some soy). And I

improved lots. Before going on that strict diet I had constant diarrhea, barely enough energy to drag myself out of bed at midday, throw myself into my car, drive 10 minutes to the Uni where I gave 2 hrs of (easy) lecturing from 2 pm to 4 pm and by 4 30pm I was back in bed for the rest of the day. After a few weeks I noticed improvements, after a few months I was able to go back to full-time work (albeit fairly flexible hours, starting late, job I knew well and a supportive environment) but it definitely helped me. I stayed on this exact same diet for a few years, and I was about 60% OK. I decided to move back to France (from Sydney Australia) and keeping to my very strict diet became very difficult due to a variety of reasons. I also was not so certain it was necessary to punish myself in such a fashion forever. To cut a long story short, I tried many things re diet, I tried to re-introduce gluten (disastrous), fruit, dairy and sugar I think I can take with moderation but that's a difficult thing to do because how long is a piece of string? In the mean time, in 92, about 18 months after my return to France, I was bitten by DOZENS of ticks over a 4 day period, nymphs that had obviously just hatched in the tall grass near the country house someone had lent us for a few days. My husband (bitten by the same ticks) became violently ill about 4 weeks later with obvious 'flu-like symptoms, fever, jelly-like legs, headache, aches everywhere, which lasted for about 1 month really bad then he was still very, very weak for 3 months then he gradually "recovered" (except he didn't). That was the first time for my husband whereas I had already had many tick-bites and a beautiful EM rash in 82 at the start of my illness. My health slowly deteriorated but I was still functional, I juggled my diet as best I could but not strictly, then in 95 I crashed with massive vertigo, heart going crazy, palpitations, very low BP, buzzing in head, unable to even sit up etc etc See, this is why I hate talking about myself, it is so complex, so many things working together, I just don't have any answers. In fact it makes me really depressed, the fight has been going on for so long. I feel I can't keep juggling all the different bits, I feel I am never doing everything right, I spend my whole time feeling

guilty (should be taking this, shouldn't be taking that, why am I not doing this or that etc.) FED UP! Sorry, people, it gets too much at times Nelly [infections] Re: Magnesium- Nelly/ : Magnesium and calcium should be taken together for acouple of reasons... Like alot of substances are optimum when in the correct ratio to each other and not so beneficial when taken separately... I always take them together and I take 300 mg Mag with 600 mg Ca. Plus you should not take over 500 mg (half a gram) at a time because they body can only absorb about that amount at one time. If you want to take a gram- then do it in 2 doses..Nelly: Hmmmmmmmmm

interesting. USUALLY - anyone can keep increasing a does of Magnesium untill you reach "bowel intolerance" and diarreah results.. so if you can't take ANY amount, then it indicates that youare absorbing any - and your bowel in intolerant of any amount as you're getting the symptom of over dose with small amounts..So what happens when you eat nuts ( some are high in magnesium) - do you get diarreah from nuts also? Barb> >> > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of things, > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the fact > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of proves > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help

bruxism > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for constipation > > > > >