RemedySpot.com

Re: murcurmycosis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have no idea, but I personally doubt very much that the eye issues, if they last for more than a day or two, are from "die off". If it were me, based on my own experience, I'd assume the amoxicillin is just tickling the infection, or maybe killing a lesser bug, causing a flare up in whatever's settled in the eye region. Personally, if it seemed that the amoxicillin was relieving some symptoms, then I would want another antimicrobial added to the mix. If it didn't seem to be helping at all, I'd want a new one altogether. And like I told you before, I think it's generally a poor idea to just be on one antibiotic when you've got deeply entrenched infections of the sort we have. penny amydent9 <amydent9@...> wrote: what is the test for infectiosn in the eye socketwhat kind of dr , is it a swab or cat scanI am on high amoxicialln for lyme and this seems to be making socektworse, though maybe it is a die off.Is it from lyme alone and what to do about it as it feels extrememelydangerousamy

yes I agree wiht you about better to be on more thatn one antibiotic.

I aksed about this but the dr says my immune system is too crashed to

do this now, and he is boosting my immune.

I'm wondering about stopping abx totally to boost immiune first then

start on 2 abx?

amy

Well, I don't personally agree with the whole popular "boosting your immune system" approach. I haven't seen it work although I've seen it CONSTANTLY attempted. I can understand that your immune system may be exhausted from the overwork to which it's been subjected, but "boosting" it to work harder/better/stronger seems like overkill to an already stressed system (not to mention almost ridiculously optimistic). I personally believe helping your immune system means taking some of the stress off by giving it some real ammunition against your infection. If there are natural ways to do that, I'm all for it, but in my experience, most of these things aren't effective enough alone to really reduce the power your infection has to adapt and overcome those attempts and keep your immune system in check (and overworked). That doesn't mean there's nothing out there, or that there aren't very helpful adjunct

therapies to your main therapy, I just haven't learned of anything yet that does the job without serious antimicrobials (and I've tried a lot). However, your doc may know something that I don't, or have had success with a particular approach. I'd ask him about it though, ask him for successful patients to talk to who might give you some confidence, considering how all of your immune boosting attempts in the past have failed. You do need to show him you're willing to work with him, but you also have to be clear with him in no uncertain terms about what helps and what doesn't once you've tried it. My doc is always giving me all kinds of extra alternative stuff to try, and I do it basically to show him I respect him and will work with him. But I can also say that the only stuff that has ever really helped me are the serious antimicrobials that go

directly to the infection, with a few extras that aid the process (like the recent discovery that dehumidification reduces inflammation and has stopped my migraines). penny amydent9 <amydent9@...> wrote: yes I agree wiht you about better to be on more thatn one antibiotic.I aksed about this but the dr says my immune system is too crashed to do this now, and he is boosting my immune.I'm wondering about stopping abx totally to

boost immiune first then start on 2 abx?amy