RemedySpot.com

carolyn Re: Exercise?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HOW COOL IS THAT !

No.. it was not a dream. I had had a dream years before about us having a child with some " delay" like DS. But I have had dreams about LOTS of things.. that never happened.

No I got a full fledged " maybe I am crazy" voice in the head. St Conversion like.

We were at Mass. I was about 6-7 months along. At our parish there are already three people with DS. "Sally" age 29, Her younger sister age 17 and a totally different family with a boy named Eli age 10.

Church was packed and somehow we got smack in between both families. Been going there for years but somehow we had never really seen these families before. and her sis and fam were behind us. Eli was in front of us.

Now. I never knew anyone with DS. No kids with Any needs were ever at my schools, even the public ones. They were carefully segregated. So All I knew about were some myths or exaggerations. Short life, can't read. etc etc Course My DH and I are old fashioned type Catholics.. and I always new that we theoretically " could" have a child with DS. ANd we would welcome that child.. but.. we used to want " normal".

So I am standing there in church.. supposed to be praying . And I think to mysefl " Hmm.. I got DS in front of me.. and DS behind me. Hope it ain't an omen ".

( yeah... I was a jerk )

And that was when it happened. Everything went silent. I literally " fell deaf". IT was like I froze in time. I got scared and then got calm. Then I heard a voice. " Your child will be one of these children" . ( *THESE* was the word I heard.. but my soul understood it to mean "beloved - special - cherished- Adored Too many words to list..)

I was filled with a sense of awe and peace. Yet I was scared cause I only knew out dated information.. ** Short Life span**

So I answered God " Father, I can handle some Retardation.. but please just let her live! " ( yeah.. was not expecting to have a real life convo with GOD or one of HIS angels that day.. What a goofy wording for that answer)

Then everything Kicked back in. People were praying.. etc. I had tears running down my face.. and my oldest daughter 18 at the time.. saw me and asked if I was ok. I later told her and my mother about it. But Did not tell my DH. I regret that.

I figured he would have locked me up as a looney.. My Mom said I was scaring my self. And my Oldest said " Oh weird". I kept in in my heart after that. Figured what ever happens is God's will. And really felt rather at peace with the idea if it came true.. course I was still scared she would die early.

When Sam was born.. She popped out.. and the MW asked.. if we had had the Test. I calmly and nearly nonchalantly said. " She has DS and its OK . " I was still afraid of her dying.. but I figured that since all that happened.. and she did indeed have ds then God would let her live.

My pregnancy was uneventful. One of the best I had ever had to be exact. No high BP, no narcolepsy, no morning sickness. I did feel her move late .. and when she did move it was always very gentle. My other kids were nearly painful with their rolling and kicking in the last three months. But Not Sam.. she was moving in there - it just was not as forceful. So much I did mention it to the MW. She said it was lax uterine muscles.. LOL. You know we saggy momma's get all stretchy.. LOL.

Labor was awesome.. Felt the first contraction at midnight.. went to the bathroom noticed a bulging bag of water.. YIKES.. grabbed hubby.. waddled to the door.. barely made it to the hospital.. got there at ten cm and ready to push.. had to wait for the midwife.. She broke my water.. and popped out in all her 6lb glory squalling her head off and ready to nurse!

I don't know what I did to deserve her. God must truly be a loving and Merciful GOD to have given such a goof ball like me such an awesome gift of . I hope I please him.

[DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Exercise?

I have a question for this group?How many mothers with babies with DS got enough exercise while pregnant or beyond, and how many kids with DS are getting regular exercise? As a parent of an infant with DS, I want to share that I spent MOST of my pregnancy with Maia in BED, because I was terrified that I would do something that would hurt her heart. Only now, have I discovered my foolishness. Was this you, too? Please tell here.I also want to say, I NEVER slept while I was pregnant. There's more to the sleep story, but I'm saving it for later.Warmest regards, Moe Webster http://www.jujuyouz.mobi "Comprehensive energetic coaching solutions utilizing the power within YOU!" "What we nurture in ourselves will grow; that is nature's eternal law." ~Goethe