RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: melamine in US FORMULA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When I could not breastfeed, I made my own home made formula. I used evaporated milk and Karo syrup. and made sure they got a daily vitamin. ( liquid form) You can find various recopies for it online.. but many sites say its bad for kids. I never understood that. Its also in the old Doctor Spock book.This was all they had back in the 40's before Nestle came up with their formula...when my Mom was born. She was preemie back then and that was what they had to give her. My doctor CRINGES when he finds it out. But.. really.. If you look at the first few ingredients in Formula.. There are all sorts of " palm oils " etc. Not exactly healthy supposedly. ( although I do not buy all the hype about Coconut oil being bad for you)

I wonder.. did the liquid pass the test? or is it just powdered? My Grandson is on powdered. I better look that up.

Steph

[DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Re: melamine in US FORMULA

Wow, scary. We are poisining our earth as well as ourselves. I wonder how the Organic formula did and which ones, organic or not, tested negative. We fed Elijah pumped breast milk for months because he could't breast feed and then changed to liquid formula concentrate, not powder, wonder about that. Thanks for that, I'll forward it to my friends!>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081126/ap_on_he_me/infant_formula_2>