RemedySpot.com

Re: Unbelievable, any ideas anybody????????

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I will try to find it for you.. This is SO sad. How the heck much supervision can you have.. YOU ALREADY have a one on one aide. Maybe you need to swing the L word around. LAWSUIT.

This is unacceptable.

[DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Unbelievable, any ideas anybody????????

I have changed the order of the emails so you can read them in the order they were done... and Rick are in Orlando for the Pop Warner National Football Tournament---they are one of two Challenger teams playing in an exihibition game on Friday...read below, the email that came today from 's case carrier who 'thought' I went to Florida too. Then read my response...I have written IEP goals for Drama---this is a 1 year course in high school. I am sure I have ground to stand on there...as for baseball, helped with the team last year and I have another email that I got a couple of weeks ago that said he would be able to help with a list of stipulations that I addressed and agreed to...I have heard that IDEA has some area that addressed recreation, but I simply don't have time to find it...anybody know what it is, and have a link to the legaleze?Thanks.....>>> ----- Original Message ----- >>>>>>>>> Hello McElwee family,>>> I hope you are all having fun under the sun in Florida, what an >>> awesome event for to be participating in....I apologize for not >>> getting back to you sooner however I was waiting on a few responses from >>> a teacher and a coach. I just heard back from from Mr. Sautner, 's >>> drama teacher and he has said that cannot be in Drama for the >>> second semester for a variety of reasons, one of which being >>> supervision. The second response I got back was from Mr. Burns, the >>> baseball coach and he decided on not having this year in baseball. >>> So, after hearing this I have contacted the Track and Field coaches >>> about participating there, one thus far has said yes and the other >>> I am waiting to hear from. I know this is not what you wanted to hear >>> so, if you wish to set up a meeting and talk about this let me know >>> asap, because our last day is the 19th...>>>>>> Thank you,>>> Connor>>> ________________________________>>> Dear Mr. Connor,>>>>>> Rick and are in Florida, I decided it should be a 'dad's trip so I >>> am still here.>>>>>> I am extremely disappointed and cannot put into words the disgust and >>> disapppointment I am feeling at this moment.>>>>>> 1. Supervision in Drama.>>> How much more supervision than a ONE ON ONE AIDE DOES SEAN >>> NEED?????????????????????????????????>>>>>> This is completely unacceptable, is looking forward to the play at >>> the end of the year---even if he has a bit walk on part.>>>>>> He has receieved all 3's on his daily behavior checklist from Drama and >>> I have not been made aware of any behavioral issues in that class. If >>> he's worried about supervision during the play rehearsals 'I' will come >>> and supervise him till midnight if that is when the rehearsals are.>>> This is BLATANT PREJUDICE. I have videos of performing in other >>> productions and I will make copies and bring them---one includes a dance >>> number with around 30 boys on stage and staying in time and you >>> couldn't even pick him out of the crowd.>>>>>> 2. Baseball.>>> 7th period only is the time that helped last year. We already >>> agreed that he would not be in the dug out during the games. What is his >>> current issue? already KNOWS he is going to be helping in Baseball >>> next semester!!!!!! The disappointment to him will be an aweful blow.>>> This is also unacceptable. I realize it is the coaches choice, but this >>> happens in schools all over the county, all over the country, people >>> with a variety of disabilities helping in a variety of sports positions. >>> This is also crucial to 's being admitted to UCLA's Pathway program.>>>>>> 3. Track and Field.>>> We had a meeting with them first last year as Mr. Setlich had suggested >>> that could be 'on the track team' but not compete. The same >>> Safety and Supervision EXCUSE was used. I am not interested in >>> receiving more rejection from another sport, thank you.>>>>>> I have not been made aware of ANY behavioral issues with this year. >>> I 'thought' he was having a great year. He has been very happy, and is >>> very accepted with the students this year. It is too bad that he is not >>> as accepted with the faculty.>>>>>> I would like to call and IEP and have Mr. Sauntner, Mr. Burns, Mrs. >>> Kahle, Mr. Metz, any teachers who are reporting behavioral issues, Sue >>> Beyke, Debbie DiSanto and Rona present.>>>>>> This needs to be scheduled as soon as possible so the 2nd semester >>> schedule can be completed.>>>>>> Again, I am not only disappointed, I am disgusted with the level of >>> intollerance being exhibited towards . How will 's peers ever >>> value him and others with disabilities if the adults do not model it? >>> How will ever become a contributing member of his community if he >>> is not allowed to participaed in HIGH SCHOOL?>>>>>> Thank you for scheduling the IEP as quickly as possible.>>>>>> McElwee

One thing I just learned to swing around is your state senator's/state representative's name. That seems to get action. Your response was very clear and well-written. I hope you get this taken care of! Please keep us informed. This makes me so angry!

Shari

I will try to find it for you.. This is SO sad. How the heck much supervision can you have.. YOU ALREADY have a one on one aide. Maybe you need to swing the L word around. LAWSUIT.

This is unacceptable.

[DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Unbelievable, any ideas anybody????????

I have changed the order of the emails so you can read them in the order they were done... and Rick are in Orlando for the Pop Warner National Football Tournament---they are one of two Challenger teams playing in an exihibition game on Friday...read below, the email that came today from 's case carrier who 'thought' I went to Florida too. Then read my response...I have written IEP goals for Drama---this is a 1 year course in high school. I am sure I have ground to stand on there...as for baseball, helped with the team last year and I have another email that I got a couple of weeks ago that said he would be able to help with a list of stipulations that I addressed and agreed to...I have heard that IDEA has some area that addressed recreation, but I simply don't have time to find it...anybody know what it is, and have a link to the legaleze?Thanks.....>>> ----- Original Message ----- >>>>>>>>> Hello McElwee family,>>> I hope you are all having fun under the sun in Florida, what an >>> awesome event for to be participating in....I apologize for not >>> getting back to you sooner however I was waiting on a few responses from >>> a teacher and a coach. I just heard back from from Mr. Sautner, 's >>> drama teacher and he has said that cannot be in Drama for the >>> second semester for a variety of reasons, one of which being >>> supervision. The second response I got back was from Mr. Burns, the >>> baseball coach and he decided on not having this year in baseball. >>> So, after hearing this I have contacted the Track and Field coaches >>> about participating there, one thus far has said yes and the other >>> I am waiting to hear from. I know this is not what you wanted to hear >>> so, if you wish to set up a meeting and talk about this let me know >>> asap, because our last day is the 19th...>>>>>> Thank you,>>> Connor>>> ________________________________>>> Dear Mr. Connor,>>>>>> Rick and are in Florida, I decided it should be a 'dad's trip so I >>> am still here.>>>>>> I am extremely disappointed and cannot put into words the disgust and >>> disapppointment I am feeling at this moment.>>>>>> 1. Supervision in Drama.>>> How much more supervision than a ONE ON ONE AIDE DOES SEAN >>> NEED?????????????????????????????????>>>>>> This is completely unacceptable, is looking forward to the play at >>> the end of the year---even if he has a bit walk on part.>>>>>> He has receieved all 3's on his daily behavior checklist from Drama and >>> I have not been made aware of any behavioral issues in that class. If >>> he's worried about supervision during the play rehearsals 'I' will come >>> and supervise him till midnight if that is when the rehearsals are.>>> This is BLATANT PREJUDICE. I have videos of performing in other >>> productions and I will make copies and bring them---one includes a dance >>> number with around 30 boys on stage and staying in time and you >>> couldn't even pick him out of the crowd.>>>>>> 2. Baseball.>>> 7th period only is the time that helped last year. We already >>> agreed that he would not be in the dug out during the games. What is his >>> current issue? already KNOWS he is going to be helping in Baseball >>> next semester!!!!!! The disappointment to him will be an aweful blow.>>> This is also unacceptable. I realize it is the coaches choice, but this >>> happens in schools all over the county, all over the country, people >>> with a variety of disabilities helping in a variety of sports positions. >>> This is also crucial to 's being admitted to UCLA's Pathway program.>>>>>> 3. Track and Field.>>> We had a meeting with them first last year as Mr. Setlich had suggested >>> that could be 'on the track team' but not compete. The same >>> Safety and Supervision EXCUSE was used. I am not interested in >>> receiving more rejection from another sport, thank you.>>>>>> I have not been made aware of ANY behavioral issues with this year. >>> I 'thought' he was having a great year. He has been very happy, and is >>> very accepted with the students this year. It is too bad that he is not >>> as accepted with the faculty.>>>>>> I would like to call and IEP and have Mr. Sauntner, Mr. Burns, Mrs. >>> Kahle, Mr. Metz, any teachers who are reporting behavioral issues, Sue >>> Beyke, Debbie DiSanto and Rona present.>>>>>> This needs to be scheduled as soon as possible so the 2nd semester >>> schedule can be completed.>>>>>> Again, I am not only disappointed, I am disgusted with the level of >>> intollerance being exhibited towards . How will 's peers ever >>> value him and others with disabilities if the adults do not model it? >>> How will ever become a contributing member of his community if he >>> is not allowed to participaed in HIGH SCHOOL?>>>>>> Thank you for scheduling the IEP as quickly as possible.>>>>>> McElwee

I have met the state superintendant in charge of special education and I have used his name before - that got attention. One thing I just learned to swing around is your state senator's/state representative's name. That seems to get action. Your response was very clear and well-written. I hope you get this taken care of! Please keep us informed. This makes me so angry! Shari On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Carlson < scarlsonzoomtown (DOT) com> wrote: I will try to find it for you.. This is SO sad. How the heck much supervision can you have.. YOU ALREADY have a one on one aide. Maybe you need to swing the L word around. LAWSUIT. This is unacceptable. [DownSyndromeInfoEx change] Unbelievable, any ideas anybody????? ??? I have changed the order of the emails so you can read them in the order they were done... and Rick are in Orlando for the Pop Warner National Football Tournament-- -they are one of two Challenger teams playing in an exihibition game on Friday...read below, the email that came today from 's case carrier who 'thought' I went to Florida too. Then read my response...I have written IEP goals for Drama---this is a 1 year course in high school. I am sure I have ground to stand on there...as for baseball, helped with the team last year and I have another email that I got a couple of weeks ago that said he would be able to help with a list of stipulations that I addressed and agreed to...I have heard that IDEA has some area that addressed recreation, but I simply don't have time to find it...anybody know what it is, and have a link to the legaleze? Thanks..... >>> ----- Original Message ----- >>> >>> >>> Hello McElwee family, >>> I hope you are all having fun under the sun in Florida, what an >>> awesome event for to be participating in....I apologize for not >>> getting back to you sooner however I was waiting on a few responses from >>> a teacher and a coach. I just heard back from from Mr. Sautner, 's >>> drama teacher and he has said that cannot be in Drama for the >>> second semester for a variety of reasons, one of which being >>> supervision. The second response I got back was from Mr. Burns, the >>> baseball coach and he decided on not having this year in baseball. >>> So, after hearing this I have contacted the Track and Field coaches >>> about participating there, one thus far has said yes and the other >>> I am waiting to hear from. I know this is not what you wanted to hear >>> so, if you wish to set up a meeting and talk about this let me know >>> asap, because our last day is the 19th... >>> >>> Thank you, >>> Connor >>> ____________ _________ _________ __ >>> Dear Mr. Connor, >>> >>> Rick and are in Florida, I decided it should be a 'dad's trip so I >>> am still here. >>> >>> I am extremely disappointed and cannot put into words the disgust and >>> disapppointment I am feeling at this moment. >>> >>> 1. Supervision in Drama. >>> How much more supervision than a ONE ON ONE AIDE DOES SEAN >>> NEED???????? ????????? ????????? ??????? >>> >>> This is completely unacceptable, is looking forward to the play at >>> the end of the year---even if he has a bit walk on part. >>> >>> He has receieved all 3's on his daily behavior checklist from Drama and >>> I have not been made aware of any behavioral issues in that class. If >>> he's worried about supervision during the play rehearsals 'I' will come >>> and supervise him till midnight if that is when the rehearsals are. >>> This is BLATANT PREJUDICE. I have videos of performing in other >>> productions and I will make copies and bring them---one includes a dance >>> number with around 30 boys on stage and staying in time and you >>> couldn't even pick him out of the crowd. >>> >>> 2. Baseball. >>> 7th period only is the time that helped last year. We already >>> agreed that he would not be in the dug out during the games. What is his >>> current issue? already KNOWS he is going to be helping in Baseball >>> next semester!!!! !! The disappointment to him will be an aweful blow. >>> This is also unacceptable. I realize it is the coaches choice, but this >>> happens in schools all over the county, all over the country, people >>> with a variety of disabilities helping in a variety of sports positions. >>> This is also crucial to 's being admitted to UCLA's Pathway program. >>> >>> 3. Track and Field. >>> We had a meeting with them first last year as Mr. Setlich had suggested >>> that could be 'on the track team' but not compete. The same >>> Safety and Supervision EXCUSE was used. I am not interested in >>> receiving more rejection from another sport, thank you. >>> >>> I have not been made aware of ANY behavioral issues with this year. >>> I 'thought' he was having a great year. He has been very happy, and is >>> very accepted with the students this year. It is too bad that he is not >>> as accepted with the faculty. >>> >>> I would like to call and IEP and have Mr. Sauntner, Mr. Burns, Mrs. >>> Kahle, Mr. Metz, any teachers who are reporting behavioral issues, Sue >>> Beyke, Debbie DiSanto and Rona present. >>> >>> This needs to be scheduled as soon as possible so the 2nd semester >>> schedule can be completed. >>> >>> Again, I am not only disappointed, I am disgusted with the level of >>> intollerance being exhibited towards . How will 's peers ever >>> value him and others with disabilities if the adults do not model it? >>> How will ever become a contributing member of his community if he >>> is not allowed to participaed in HIGH SCHOOL? >>> >>> Thank you for scheduling the IEP as quickly as possible. >>> >>> McElwee