Guest guest

I'm quite convinced that I ahve this., perhaps more than just lyme in

my brain

you and Tony pushing me to see if I have sinus infection invading my

brain>

how do you get tests to prove this??? I think I ahve mold staph and

etc from RC tooth into brain.

A.

There's the rub, Amy. How do you prove it? I think it's hard to find any singular test to "prove" it. I think there are lots of various diagnostics that can lead to this as a probable dx if your doc were diligent enough. Various imaging procedures can show evidence of brain involvement depending on how a doc wants to interpret them. i.e. If you've got spots on the brain, or images of wormholes (sinus tracts) in your jaw and skull eating toward your brain and areas of inflammation lighting up, those could be a indicators if a doc wants them to be. Increased pressure in your spinal fluid can definitely indicate brain inflammation (and/or infection). I think that's what "myalgic encephalitis" points to in general, but proving it??? We all know how well that's been going. Unless you've got an acute, septic, meningitis type infection where the brain

inflammation is life threatening, most docs don't take our kind of brain inflammation very seriously. Those who do take it seriously, like the CFS/Chiari doc who was performing surgery to make the skull smaller to relieve pressure on the brain, end up getting sued for malpractice. His approach does seem kind of extreme on the surface, but not really any more extreme than the common practice of Graves disease patients having their eye sockets surgically reduced to prevent their eyes from bulging out of their heads. And of course, those surgeons are just as clueless about why these people's eyes are being forced out of their heads, as doctors are about our inflammatory issues. For most of us, figuring it out means trying therapeutic probes, using treatments and seeing if symptoms of brain inflammation lessen. And then trying to figure out why, exactly. Actually, that's

how medicine often works...how discoveries are made...accidentally realizing a drug designed for one thing is helping something else entirely. I know for a fact when I'm not on my antibiotics, my inflammation increases and I can no longer think clearly. That's my proof that my brain is affected. Whether it's actually INfected, I have no idea, but I believe it could get there if it's not already, and I believe that the infection in my jaw and sinuses is most definitely impacting my brain one way or the other. Those australian researchers found that the big trigeminal nerve in you jaw is often infected with staph, and that nerve is the direct hwy/intersection between your brain and the rest of your body. If that nerve is inflamed, you're going to be messed up. No getting around it. It's ridiculous to me, this stuff seems so obvious, especially when they have to see it on a daily basis. They know that dental bacteria

deposited during dental procedures like teeth cleaning can cause heart disease. And that dental problems make treating diabetes almost impossible (and new studies are saying may actually be responsible for diabetes). So why they can't see the connection between dental/sinus bacteria and other illness symptoms like brain fog and fatigue is beyond me. Seems so friggin' obvious. penny amydent9 <amydent9@...> wrote: I'm quite convinced that I ahve this.,

perhaps more than just lyme inmy brainyou and Tony pushing me to see if I have sinus infection invading mybrain>how do you get tests to prove this??? I think I ahve mold staph andetc from RC tooth into brain.A.