RemedySpot.com

Re: Dehumidifiers in the desert

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, based on my own similar experiences, I'd be highly suspicious of the water you're putting in your head on a daily basis via the cpap. I'm sure those little moisture loving bugs in there just adore you for it. Is there any way you can treat your apnea without the water? To me this is such an obvious potential causitive factor for the issues going on in your head. If I were you, I'd risk not sleeping well for a period of time and seeing if removing the cpap and the moisture helps your head. If so, then consider alternative treatments for the apnea. a, all of us have lots of reasons why our symptoms don't seem to match any of the conventional wisdom on these things. That's why docs don't help us much. But then you dig around a little and learn something like the fact that you've been adding moisture to your sinuses on a daily basis for years. I also live in a "dry"

region, yet dehumidifying my bedroom has elimated my migraines. Go figure. All I know for sure is that my bugs like moisture, and removing that moisture apparently also removes inflammatory symptoms and the head pressure which has been leading to daily migraines. These symptoms have all progressed slowly over time, certainly not occurring instantly. I lived in Oregon for 30+ years, where it rains all the time, and never had any of these sinus symptoms or migraines. Not until I moved to a dry region years later did I start having all these symptoms, and stranger yet, who would have ever guessed that DEHUMIDIFICATION in a dry region could completely eliminate them? Chronic infections are called chronic for a reason, and the symptoms usually show up and worsen slowly over time, not immediately. If they showed up right away, most of us would have

gotten some kind of effective treatment and not be going through this now. At this point we're dealing with deeply engrained infections that have eaten into bone and sinus walls and organs and are nearly impossible to treat with what's available to us. To counter that, we've got to do and try everything that we can that has a chance of slowing them down and finally (hopefully) eradicating them altogether. penny pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote: Here's my case on humidity. We live in the desert at almost 3,000 feet. My head pressure symptoms started 2 years ago after 5 years living here with no allergies and no headache or sinus symptoms. (I am the rare bird who has no allergies in this area even in wind storms.)I do have to use a CPAP machine with water in a tray as part of the aparatus. I keep this immaculate as well as the tubing and filter, because this can easily get contaminated with mold. My worst trouble with this is that we have to travel a lot and hotels are horrible for both mold and chemicals. But again, my head problems have no relation to this problem in terms of a related onset. I've had a CPAP since 2000 with no problem. (I do suspect that the air pressure may be what ruined my vocal cords, but otherwise no issues. It could well be nerve damage from Lyme disease.)I will keep posting as soon as I see how the nasal

spray is going.a>> I'm on a slab too. And everyone thinks it's so dry here. And yet my dehumidifier is pulling water. Maybe you could rent one for a day and see what happens? Or maybe you know someone who would let you borrow theirs and see if you notice a difference in your head? Or you could always get one at Home Depot, try it out and take it back. Maybe we're more sensitive to moisture because of what's growing in our heads? I always intuitively felt that while the sinus betadine rinses helped a lot in the short term, that longer term usage was dangerous for me...felt like water was getting trapped in my head and my gut told me that was not a good thing.> > I'm serious about this dehumidification thing blowing my mind. I never in a million years would have guessed it would be a good thing to do, but my friend was so convincing (and had been suffering for so long until stumbling

across it) that it just hit me as the thing to try right away. Usually it takes me months to try something but I went right on line, ordered one and plugged it in as soon as it got here. All I've got to say is Hallelujah. It's so nice to be free of the migraines. > > However you get there, I hope you get relief from this spray too. > > penny> > pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote:> Penny, I cannot thank you enough for sharing your prescription for > this nasal spray. I did copy what you posted last week and took it to > my drs' apt. She was happy to write out the compound prescription. > > I told the pharmacy that it cost a friend of mine in CA $45. He was > surprised and said that they could not produce it for that price. If > I can't get my insurance to cover I will certainly shop around as > there are a couple of other pharmas in town.>

> I've followed the moisture issue very closely. I do react to toxic > mold, but have no such symptoms in my home here in Vegas. our house > is on a cement slab which is typical here. I guess the ground is to > hard to bother digging crawl spaces. We have no moisture problem in > the house. The bathrooms never even grow mold. We do have a sprinkler > system outside, but have desert landscape, so not really lots of > water. I have trouble in buildings like the airport or where there > have been major water leaks. It's not like the desert is mold free. > > I will post again every few days to let folks know how the nasal > spray is working. I am so excited. > > I told my church friends yesterday that I felt God had brought > circumstances together that may be a healing combination for me - the > headache for almost 2 years -the flu/infection of the past month -

> you and Tony pushing me to see if I have sinus infection invading my > brain - and then your nasal spray with antibiotic/antifungal/steroid -> this combination seemed to fit perfectly with my history. I seem to > have inflammation in my head and brain, I had a fungal infection at > onset, and I ran a fever and seemed to have a throat infection with > MRSA involvement after the ENT nicked the back of my sinuses.> > Then I told the church friends maybe God planned for me to be sick > the rest of my life, and, if so, I would accept that. But I am hoping > maybe that is not his plan.> > a> > >> > Hey a,> > > > I'm sorry I didn't get your email before you got your > prescription. But it sounds like you got the right mix. I really do > pray it helps you as much as it's helped me.> > > >

Mine doesn't have xylitol in it either, not sure where that came > from. I like xylitol though, use it in my normal saline rinses. But I > get nervous about using the rinses too much, because the last thing I > need in my head is water. Especially now that I know how much the > dehumidifier helps me.> > > > I'm doing fantastic with this spray, and now even better that the > migraines are gone thanks to the dehumidifier. I've had migraines for > years, and for at least the last 6 months they've been almost daily. > This is the first time in ages I've been headache free. Not to > mention have zero inflammation. And I'm feeling way more energetic to > boot. This spray is far better than the Benicar ever was for > inflammation, and as thrilled as I was with the way Benicar reduced > my inflammation, it didn't come close to this. > > > > In

addition to the spray, I'm still taking my 2 other abx and the > antifungal. At some point I'm hoping to try cutting back on something > and see if I can maintain this level of well being. I'd like to be > taking fewer antimicrobials if possible, but I'm also willing to keep > it up if it's necessary to continue feeling good.> > > > I wake up every morning and just want to hug my friend who told > me about the dehumidifer. She's shocked she discovered it herself, > but she said she got to thinking about it after she sucked all the > moisture from her house and stopped having facial/jaw pain, that it > makes sense from an inflammatory perspective since so many older > people move to the desert to feel better, especially if they've got > arthritis or breathing issues. Hmmmm. Anyway, I'll be forever > grateful to her. I keep the dehumidifier running all day long, and

> it's amazing how much water it sucks out of the air and how much > better I feel, despite the fact that I live in a "mediterranean > climate". I know you live in Las Vegas, but you never know, perhaps > you've got moisture issues as well? Do you have any landscape > irrigation around your house? Do you have a crawl space under your > house? They're known for retaining moisture. > > > > Anyway, this is a huge turn around for me since just 5 weeks ago > when I burst into tears at my doctor's office because he had refused > to refill my prescriptions until I came in to see him, making me go > for over a week without any meds. I felt like he was torturing me! > Thank God he refilled them all and filled this spray too. It's been a > life changer at this point.> > > > penny> > > > pjeanneus <pj7@> wrote:> > I got my

compounded nasal spray today and did the first > spray. So > > please pray it works. > > > > It is a combo of amphotercin B, gentamycin, and dexameth??? - no > > xylitol. The pharmacist said to spray the xylitol I have about 1 > hour > > away from this prescription.> > > > I had to pay $180 for a month supply. My insurance should cover but > > the insurance claimed I have Medicare prescription coverage. What a > > joke. Am I the only one who is sick and tired of the insurance run > > around in the US? Now I have to call and try and get insurance to > pay > > for my prescription as they always do for all other prescriptions. > I > > have no Medicare prescription coverage.> > > > Okay, enough whining. I will keep you posted on how this seems to > work.> > > > Penny,

how are you doing????> > > > a Carnes> >>

Penny

I use my Cpap more as a environment controlling device, with heaps of

oxygen availabilty, without any type of fluids, just dry.,....

I would want it to at least be saline, to stop the slime that normal

water may encourage, if it were possb;le.

> > > I got my compounded nasal spray today and did the first

> > spray. So

> > > please pray it works.

> > >

> > > It is a combo of amphotercin B, gentamycin, and dexameth??? -

no

> > > xylitol. The pharmacist said to spray the xylitol I have about

> > hour

> > > away from this prescription.

> > >

> > > I had to pay $180 for a month supply. My insurance should cover

> but

> > > the insurance claimed I have Medicare prescription coverage.

What

> a

> > > joke. Am I the only one who is sick and tired of the insurance

> run

> > > around in the US? Now I have to call and try and get insurance

to

> > pay

> > > for my prescription as they always do for all other

> prescriptions.

> > I

> > > have no Medicare prescription coverage.

> > >

> > > Okay, enough whining. I will keep you posted on how this seems

to

> > work.

> > >

> > > Penny, how are you doing????

> > >

> > > a Carnes

> > >

> >

>

Yeah, now that I think of it, my husband didn't use water with his cpap either. I tried using it once after hearing how much you liked it. I was thinking that getting more oxygen is a good thing, and possibly drying some of those bugs out at the same time could help, but I absolutely freaked out with that thing on my head. Couldn't handle it at all, and I couldn't breathe right. Of course, the one we have needs to be adjusted to the user, and we couldn't change his settings no matter how much we tried. Has to be done by trained professionals, I guess. Plus, I already have an oxygen concentrator (left over from the portable hyperbaric chamber I had) that I don't use either, even though it makes sense on principle if nothing else. All I know is that when something works for me, I know it, and wild elephants couldn't drag me away from doing something when it works (like

certain amx and the dehumidifier). It really is so surprising about the dehumidifier. I just feel lighter in general when I'm in the vicinity of the thing. It's the same kind of feeling you get when being around negative ions coming off a fountain or waterfall. Really surprising to me that it works like this, but I'm not going to argue with it. penny dumbaussie2000 <dumbaussie2000@...> wrote: PennyI use my Cpap more as a environment controlling device, with heaps of oxygen

availabilty, without any type of fluids, just dry.,....I would want it to at least be saline, to stop the slime that normal water may encourage, if it were possb;le.> > > I got my compounded nasal spray today and did the first > > spray. So > > > please pray it works. > > > > > > It is a combo of amphotercin B, gentamycin, and

dexameth??? - no > > > xylitol. The pharmacist said to spray the xylitol I have about 1 > > hour > > > away from this prescription.> > > > > > I had to pay $180 for a month supply. My insurance should cover > but > > > the insurance claimed I have Medicare prescription coverage. What > a > > > joke. Am I the only one who is sick and tired of the insurance > run > > > around in the US? Now I have to call and try and get insurance to > > pay > > > for my prescription as they always do for all other > prescriptions. > > I > > > have no Medicare prescription coverage.> > > > > > Okay, enough whining. I will keep you posted on how this seems to > > work.> > > > > > Penny, how are you doing????> > > > >

> a Carnes> > >> >>

I have no allergies here. I had some in South Carolina. I used the

cpap here for 4 years before the strange infection which did not

follow cpap but an endoscope exam of the back of my throat which

nicked my throat.

You clearly have no clue what sleep apnea entails in a severe case. I

simply do not sleep at all without the cpap. Nada.

Neither do you understand the difference in atmospheric moisure

between here and coastal California. No one here could possibly have

positive air pressure going down their throat without water. Indeed,

I wake up if the water level falls below normal in the tray.

I would be much more suspicious that you have toxic mold in your

house than any notion that reducing moisture in your house is

removing the water that is bothering you.

But if you want to debate this further, send me a comparision of

humidity levels between your location and Las Vegas. Dont compare it

tomorrow as we are expecting rain. LOL

a

>

> Well, based on my own similar experiences, I'd be highly suspicious

of the water you're putting in your head on a daily basis via the

cpap. I'm sure those little moisture loving bugs in there just adore

you for it. Is there any way you can treat your apnea without the

water? To me this is such an obvious potential causitive factor for

the issues going on in your head. If I were you, I'd risk not

sleeping well for a period of time and seeing if removing the cpap

and the moisture helps your head. If so, then consider alternative

treatments for the apnea.

>

> a, all of us have lots of reasons why our symptoms don't seem

to match any of the conventional wisdom on these things. That's why

docs don't help us much. But then you dig around a little and learn

something like the fact that you've been adding moisture to your

sinuses on a daily basis for years.

>

> I also live in a " dry " region, yet dehumidifying my bedroom has

elimated my migraines. Go figure. All I know for sure is that my bugs

like moisture, and removing that moisture apparently also removes

inflammatory symptoms and the head pressure which has been leading to

daily migraines.

>

> These symptoms have all progressed slowly over time, certainly

not occurring instantly. I lived in Oregon for 30+ years, where it

rains all the time, and never had any of these sinus symptoms or

migraines. Not until I moved to a dry region years later did I start

having all these symptoms, and stranger yet, who would have ever

guessed that DEHUMIDIFICATION in a dry region could completely

eliminate them?

>

> Chronic infections are called chronic for a reason, and the

symptoms usually show up and worsen slowly over time, not

immediately. If they showed up right away, most of us would have

gotten some kind of effective treatment and not be going through this

now.

>

> At this point we're dealing with deeply engrained infections that

have eaten into bone and sinus walls and organs and are nearly

impossible to treat with what's available to us. To counter that,

we've got to do and try everything that we can that has a chance of

slowing them down and finally (hopefully) eradicating them altogether.

>

> penny

>

>

>

> pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote:

> Here's my case on humidity. We live in the desert at

almost 3,000

> feet. My head pressure symptoms started 2 years ago after 5 years

> living here with no allergies and no headache or sinus symptoms. (I

> am the rare bird who has no allergies in this area even in wind

> storms.)

>

> I do have to use a CPAP machine with water in a tray as part of the

> aparatus. I keep this immaculate as well as the tubing and filter,

> because this can easily get contaminated with mold. My worst

trouble

> with this is that we have to travel a lot and hotels are horrible

for

> both mold and chemicals. But again, my head problems have no

relation

> to this problem in terms of a related onset. I've had a CPAP since

> 2000 with no problem. (I do suspect that the air pressure may be

what

> ruined my vocal cords, but otherwise no issues. It could well be

> nerve damage from Lyme disease.)

>

> I will keep posting as soon as I see how the nasal spray is going.

>

> a

>

> >

> > I'm on a slab too. And everyone thinks it's so dry here. And yet

my

> dehumidifier is pulling water. Maybe you could rent one for a day

and

> see what happens? Or maybe you know someone who would let you

borrow

> theirs and see if you notice a difference in your head? Or you

could

> always get one at Home Depot, try it out and take it back. Maybe

> we're more sensitive to moisture because of what's growing in our

> heads? I always intuitively felt that while the sinus betadine

rinses

> helped a lot in the short term, that longer term usage was

dangerous

> for me...felt like water was getting trapped in my head and my gut

> told me that was not a good thing.

> >

> > I'm serious about this dehumidification thing blowing my mind. I

> never in a million years would have guessed it would be a good

thing

> to do, but my friend was so convincing (and had been suffering for

so

> long until stumbling across it) that it just hit me as the thing to

> try right away. Usually it takes me months to try something but I

> went right on line, ordered one and plugged it in as soon as it got

> here. All I've got to say is Hallelujah. It's so nice to be free of

> the migraines.

> >

> > However you get there, I hope you get relief from this spray too.

> >

> > penny

> >

> > pjeanneus <pj7@> wrote:

> > Penny, I cannot thank you enough for sharing your

> prescription for

> > this nasal spray. I did copy what you posted last week and took

it

> to

> > my drs' apt. She was happy to write out the compound

prescription.

> >

> > I told the pharmacy that it cost a friend of mine in CA $45. He

was

> > surprised and said that they could not produce it for that price.

> If

> > I can't get my insurance to cover I will certainly shop around as

> > there are a couple of other pharmas in town.

> >

> > I've followed the moisture issue very closely. I do react to

toxic

> > mold, but have no such symptoms in my home here in Vegas. our

house

> > is on a cement slab which is typical here. I guess the ground is

to

> > hard to bother digging crawl spaces. We have no moisture problem

in

> > the house. The bathrooms never even grow mold. We do have a

> sprinkler

> > system outside, but have desert landscape, so not really lots of

> > water. I have trouble in buildings like the airport or where

there

> > have been major water leaks. It's not like the desert is mold

free.

> >

> > I will post again every few days to let folks know how the nasal

> > spray is working. I am so excited.

> >

> > I told my church friends yesterday that I felt God had brought

> > circumstances together that may be a healing combination for me -

> the

> > headache for almost 2 years -the flu/infection of the past month -

> > you and Tony pushing me to see if I have sinus infection invading

> my

> > brain - and then your nasal spray with

> antibiotic/antifungal/steroid -

> > this combination seemed to fit perfectly with my history. I seem

to

> > have inflammation in my head and brain, I had a fungal infection

at

> > onset, and I ran a fever and seemed to have a throat infection

with

> > MRSA involvement after the ENT nicked the back of my sinuses.

> >

> > Then I told the church friends maybe God planned for me to be

sick

> > the rest of my life, and, if so, I would accept that. But I am

> hoping

> > maybe that is not his plan.

> >

> > a

> >

> > >

> > > Hey a,

> > >

> > > I'm sorry I didn't get your email before you got your

> > prescription. But it sounds like you got the right mix. I really

do

> > pray it helps you as much as it's helped me.

> > >

> > > Mine doesn't have xylitol in it either, not sure where that

came

> > from. I like xylitol though, use it in my normal saline rinses.

But

> I

> > get nervous about using the rinses too much, because the last

thing

> I

> > need in my head is water. Especially now that I know how much the

> > dehumidifier helps me.

> > >

> > > I'm doing fantastic with this spray, and now even better that

the

> > migraines are gone thanks to the dehumidifier. I've had migraines

> for

> > years, and for at least the last 6 months they've been almost

> daily.

> > This is the first time in ages I've been headache free. Not to

> > mention have zero inflammation. And I'm feeling way more

energetic

> to

> > boot. This spray is far better than the Benicar ever was for

> > inflammation, and as thrilled as I was with the way Benicar

reduced

> > my inflammation, it didn't come close to this.

> > >

> > > In addition to the spray, I'm still taking my 2 other abx and

the

> > antifungal. At some point I'm hoping to try cutting back on

> something

> > and see if I can maintain this level of well being. I'd like to

be

> > taking fewer antimicrobials if possible, but I'm also willing to

> keep

> > it up if it's necessary to continue feeling good.

> > >

> > > I wake up every morning and just want to hug my friend who told

> > me about the dehumidifer. She's shocked she discovered it

herself,

> > but she said she got to thinking about it after she sucked all

the

> > moisture from her house and stopped having facial/jaw pain, that

it

> > makes sense from an inflammatory perspective since so many older

> > people move to the desert to feel better, especially if they've

got

> > arthritis or breathing issues. Hmmmm. Anyway, I'll be forever

> > grateful to her. I keep the dehumidifier running all day long,

and

> > it's amazing how much water it sucks out of the air and how much

> > better I feel, despite the fact that I live in a " mediterranean

> > climate " . I know you live in Las Vegas, but you never know,

perhaps

> > you've got moisture issues as well? Do you have any landscape

> > irrigation around your house? Do you have a crawl space under

your

> > house? They're known for retaining moisture.

> > >

> > > Anyway, this is a huge turn around for me since just 5 weeks

ago

> > when I burst into tears at my doctor's office because he had

> refused

> > to refill my prescriptions until I came in to see him, making me

go

> > for over a week without any meds. I felt like he was torturing

me!

> > Thank God he refilled them all and filled this spray too. It's

been

> a

> > life changer at this point.

> > >

> > > penny

> > >

> > > pjeanneus <pj7@> wrote:

> > > I got my compounded nasal spray today and did the first

> > spray. So

> > > please pray it works.

> > >

> > > It is a combo of amphotercin B, gentamycin, and dexameth??? -

no

> > > xylitol. The pharmacist said to spray the xylitol I have about

> > hour

> > > away from this prescription.

> > >

> > > I had to pay $180 for a month supply. My insurance should cover

> but

> > > the insurance claimed I have Medicare prescription coverage.

What

> a

> > > joke. Am I the only one who is sick and tired of the insurance

> run

> > > around in the US? Now I have to call and try and get insurance

to

> > pay

> > > for my prescription as they always do for all other

> prescriptions.

> > I

> > > have no Medicare prescription coverage.

> > >

> > > Okay, enough whining. I will keep you posted on how this seems

to

> > work.

> > >

> > > Penny, how are you doing????

> > >

> > > a Carnes

> > >

> >

>

I've had my house tested for mold, a. It's good now. It wasn't always. I do believe there's a lot of mold in general in this area, despite it being officially a semi-arid region. Remember, the natural landscape here is not palm trees and tropical plants. It's high desert and/or riparian, meaning low growing plant materials that can tolerate almost no water and lots of sun. But I can sometimes smell mold when I'm driving on certain streets. As a matter of fact, I've read that moisture in the desert has become a big problem for transplants who've moved there for their health, due to all the irrigation and swimming pools. The benefits they moved there for have been replaced by excessive humidity and allergies resulting from imported plant materials. But I'm not going to argue with you for another 2 years about your sinuses being a mess and that applying moisture to them may not be a

good idea. All I'm doing is throwing out ideas that could possibly help you (and take almost no effort to investigate), which most of the time you ignore anyway, so it doesn't hurt my feelings, a. All I can do is share my own experience and hope someone else can benefit as I have. I know this, after being so bowled over by the benefits of dehumidifying, there's no way I'd be putting water up my nose on a regular basis. Especially without serious antimicrobials added to the mix. pennypjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote: I have no allergies here. I had some in South Carolina. I used the cpap here for 4 years before the strange infection which did not follow cpap but an endoscope exam of the back of my throat which nicked my throat. You clearly have no clue what sleep apnea entails in a severe case. I simply do not sleep at all without the cpap. Nada.Neither do you understand the difference in atmospheric moisure between here and coastal California. No one here could possibly have positive air pressure going down their throat without water. Indeed, I wake up if the water level falls below normal in the tray. I would be much more suspicious that you have toxic mold in your house than any notion that reducing moisture in your house is removing the water that is bothering you. But if you want to debate this further, send me a comparision of humidity levels

between your location and Las Vegas. Dont compare it tomorrow as we are expecting rain. LOLa>> Well, based on my own similar experiences, I'd be highly suspicious of the water you're putting in your head on a daily basis via the cpap. I'm sure those little moisture loving bugs in there just adore you for it. Is there any way you can treat your apnea without the water? To me this is such an obvious potential causitive factor for the issues going on in your head. If I were you, I'd risk not sleeping well for a period of time and seeing if removing the cpap and the moisture helps your head. If so, then consider alternative treatments for the apnea.> > a, all of us have lots of reasons why our symptoms don't seem to match any of the conventional wisdom on these things. That's why docs don't help us much. But then you dig around a little and learn something like the fact that you've

been adding moisture to your sinuses on a daily basis for years. > > I also live in a "dry" region, yet dehumidifying my bedroom has elimated my migraines. Go figure. All I know for sure is that my bugs like moisture, and removing that moisture apparently also removes inflammatory symptoms and the head pressure which has been leading to daily migraines. > > These symptoms have all progressed slowly over time, certainly not occurring instantly. I lived in Oregon for 30+ years, where it rains all the time, and never had any of these sinus symptoms or migraines. Not until I moved to a dry region years later did I start having all these symptoms, and stranger yet, who would have ever guessed that DEHUMIDIFICATION in a dry region could completely eliminate them? > > Chronic infections are called chronic for a reason, and the symptoms usually show up and worsen slowly over time, not

immediately. If they showed up right away, most of us would have gotten some kind of effective treatment and not be going through this now. > > At this point we're dealing with deeply engrained infections that have eaten into bone and sinus walls and organs and are nearly impossible to treat with what's available to us. To counter that, we've got to do and try everything that we can that has a chance of slowing them down and finally (hopefully) eradicating them altogether.> > penny> > > > pjeanneus <pj7@...> wrote:> Here's my case on humidity. We live in the desert at almost 3,000 > feet. My head pressure symptoms started 2 years ago after 5 years > living here with no allergies and no headache or sinus symptoms. (I > am the rare bird who has no allergies in this area even in wind > storms.)> > I do have to use a CPAP machine with

water in a tray as part of the > aparatus. I keep this immaculate as well as the tubing and filter, > because this can easily get contaminated with mold. My worst trouble > with this is that we have to travel a lot and hotels are horrible for > both mold and chemicals. But again, my head problems have no relation > to this problem in terms of a related onset. I've had a CPAP since > 2000 with no problem. (I do suspect that the air pressure may be what > ruined my vocal cords, but otherwise no issues. It could well be > nerve damage from Lyme disease.)> > I will keep posting as soon as I see how the nasal spray is going.> > a> > >> > I'm on a slab too. And everyone thinks it's so dry here. And yet my > dehumidifier is pulling water. Maybe you could rent one for a day and > see what happens? Or maybe you know someone who

would let you borrow > theirs and see if you notice a difference in your head? Or you could > always get one at Home Depot, try it out and take it back. Maybe > we're more sensitive to moisture because of what's growing in our > heads? I always intuitively felt that while the sinus betadine rinses > helped a lot in the short term, that longer term usage was dangerous > for me...felt like water was getting trapped in my head and my gut > told me that was not a good thing.> > > > I'm serious about this dehumidification thing blowing my mind. I > never in a million years would have guessed it would be a good thing > to do, but my friend was so convincing (and had been suffering for so > long until stumbling across it) that it just hit me as the thing to > try right away. Usually it takes me months to try something but I > went right on line, ordered

one and plugged it in as soon as it got > here. All I've got to say is Hallelujah. It's so nice to be free of > the migraines. > > > > However you get there, I hope you get relief from this spray too. > > > > penny> > > > pjeanneus <pj7@> wrote:> > Penny, I cannot thank you enough for sharing your > prescription for > > this nasal spray. I did copy what you posted last week and took it > to > > my drs' apt. She was happy to write out the compound prescription. > > > > I told the pharmacy that it cost a friend of mine in CA $45. He was > > surprised and said that they could not produce it for that price. > If > > I can't get my insurance to cover I will certainly shop around as > > there are a couple of other pharmas in town.> > > > I've followed the moisture issue

very closely. I do react to toxic > > mold, but have no such symptoms in my home here in Vegas. our house > > is on a cement slab which is typical here. I guess the ground is to > > hard to bother digging crawl spaces. We have no moisture problem in > > the house. The bathrooms never even grow mold. We do have a > sprinkler > > system outside, but have desert landscape, so not really lots of > > water. I have trouble in buildings like the airport or where there > > have been major water leaks. It's not like the desert is mold free. > > > > I will post again every few days to let folks know how the nasal > > spray is working. I am so excited. > > > > I told my church friends yesterday that I felt God had brought > > circumstances together that may be a healing combination for me - > the > > headache

for almost 2 years -the flu/infection of the past month -> > you and Tony pushing me to see if I have sinus infection invading > my > > brain - and then your nasal spray with > antibiotic/antifungal/steroid -> > this combination seemed to fit perfectly with my history. I seem to > > have inflammation in my head and brain, I had a fungal infection at > > onset, and I ran a fever and seemed to have a throat infection with > > MRSA involvement after the ENT nicked the back of my sinuses.> > > > Then I told the church friends maybe God planned for me to be sick > > the rest of my life, and, if so, I would accept that. But I am > hoping > > maybe that is not his plan.> > > > a> > > > >> > > Hey a,> > > > > > I'm sorry I didn't get your email

before you got your > > prescription. But it sounds like you got the right mix. I really do > > pray it helps you as much as it's helped me.> > > > > > Mine doesn't have xylitol in it either, not sure where that came > > from. I like xylitol though, use it in my normal saline rinses. But > I > > get nervous about using the rinses too much, because the last thing > I > > need in my head is water. Especially now that I know how much the > > dehumidifier helps me.> > > > > > I'm doing fantastic with this spray, and now even better that the > > migraines are gone thanks to the dehumidifier. I've had migraines > for > > years, and for at least the last 6 months they've been almost > daily. > > This is the first time in ages I've been headache free. Not to > > mention have zero

inflammation. And I'm feeling way more energetic > to > > boot. This spray is far better than the Benicar ever was for > > inflammation, and as thrilled as I was with the way Benicar reduced > > my inflammation, it didn't come close to this. > > > > > > In addition to the spray, I'm still taking my 2 other abx and the > > antifungal. At some point I'm hoping to try cutting back on > something > > and see if I can maintain this level of well being. I'd like to be > > taking fewer antimicrobials if possible, but I'm also willing to > keep > > it up if it's necessary to continue feeling good.> > > > > > I wake up every morning and just want to hug my friend who told > > me about the dehumidifer. She's shocked she discovered it herself, > > but she said she got to thinking about it after she

sucked all the > > moisture from her house and stopped having facial/jaw pain, that it > > makes sense from an inflammatory perspective since so many older > > people move to the desert to feel better, especially if they've got > > arthritis or breathing issues. Hmmmm. Anyway, I'll be forever > > grateful to her. I keep the dehumidifier running all day long, and > > it's amazing how much water it sucks out of the air and how much > > better I feel, despite the fact that I live in a "mediterranean > > climate". I know you live in Las Vegas, but you never know, perhaps > > you've got moisture issues as well? Do you have any landscape > > irrigation around your house? Do you have a crawl space under your > > house? They're known for retaining moisture. > > > > > > Anyway, this is a huge turn around for me since just 5

weeks ago > > when I burst into tears at my doctor's office because he had > refused > > to refill my prescriptions until I came in to see him, making me go > > for over a week without any meds. I felt like he was torturing me! > > Thank God he refilled them all and filled this spray too. It's been > a > > life changer at this point.> > > > > > penny> > > > > > pjeanneus <pj7@> wrote:> > > I got my compounded nasal spray today and did the first > > spray. So > > > please pray it works. > > > > > > It is a combo of amphotercin B, gentamycin, and dexameth??? - no > > > xylitol. The pharmacist said to spray the xylitol I have about 1 > > hour > > > away from this prescription.> > > > > > I had to pay $180 for a

month supply. My insurance should cover > but > > > the insurance claimed I have Medicare prescription coverage. What > a > > > joke. Am I the only one who is sick and tired of the insurance > run > > > around in the US? Now I have to call and try and get insurance to > > pay > > > for my prescription as they always do for all other > prescriptions. > > I > > > have no Medicare prescription coverage.> > > > > > Okay, enough whining. I will keep you posted on how this seems to > > work.> > > > > > Penny, how are you doing????> > > > > > a Carnes> > >> >>