RemedySpot.com

Re: Abx combos

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

why diflucan and not oral amp b, (funglin) that seems to be cheaper, more effective and longer lasting in my experience. plus you can get it in france.bleuOn 25 Jul 2008, at 16:19, Nelly Pointis wrote:Do you think it is safe to take trimethoprim, ofloxacin (2nd generation quinolone) and fluconazole (diflucan) at the same time? Nelly

Guest guest

Bleu,

I have been taking oral amp B for years (as long as I have been taking abx in fact as prevention for possible abx induced yeast infection). But this time I feel I need to give the guys that might be hiding deep into the tissues a bit of a stir.

In fact right now I am battling cystitis that gets better on some abx but then after a few days it comes back and I suspect it might be deep tissue yeast infection in the lining of the bladder.

I am just wondering if my combo of weird abx is OK? The quinolone, ofloxacin, is really helping me but I think I might need to add something against the cystitis as it seemed to flare whilst I was on it (day 14), hence the trimethoprim, a drug I have never taken.

Urine tested but nothing found, I really think it's in the lining of the bladder

Nelly

Re: [infections] Abx combos

why diflucan and not oral amp b, (funglin) that seems to be cheaper, more effective and longer lasting in my experience. plus you can get it in france..

bleu

On 25 Jul 2008, at 16:19, Nelly Pointis wrote:

Do you think it is safe to take trimethoprim, ofloxacin (2nd generation quinolone) and fluconazole (diflucan) at the same time?

Nelly

Guest guest

trimethoprim pauluk says great things about.I would instead of diflucan or amb b then goto lamisil. This is a systemic, pauluk (fungiman) says you need to combine topical and systemics to get to the hard to reach tissues. I found lamisil got right into the prostate, among other places and would think that could worth a shot. only thing I would suggest is getting barb to maybe throw some light on the p450 pathway as to what drugs use it, not wanting to overload anything.On 25 Jul 2008, at 17:18, Nelly Pointis wrote:Bleu, I have been taking oral amp B for years (as long as I have been taking abx in fact as prevention for possible abx induced yeast infection). But this time I feel I need to give the guys that might be hiding deep into the tissues a bit of a stir. In fact right now I am battling cystitis that gets better on some abx but then after a few days it comes back and I suspect it might be deep tissue yeast infection in the lining of the bladder. I am just wondering if my combo of weird abx is OK? The quinolone, ofloxacin, is really helping me but I think I might need to add something against the cystitis as it seemed to flare whilst I was on it (day 14), hence the trimethoprim, a drug I have never taken. Urine tested but nothing found, I really think it's in the lining of the bladder Nelly Re: [infections] Abx comboswhy diflucan and not oral amp b, (funglin) that seems to be cheaper, more effective and longer lasting in my experience. plus you can get it in france..bleuOn 25 Jul 2008, at 16:19, Nelly Pointis wrote:Do you think it is safe to take trimethoprim, ofloxacin (2nd generation quinolone) and fluconazole (diflucan) at the same time? Nelly

Guest guest

Bleu,

Is ther a particular reason why you don't like diflucan (apart from the price of course)? I seem to remember you doing a lot of research to treat yeast. But you see I have a drawer-full of diflucan as this is what my doctor likes to prescribe. And also a couple of years ago I had purchased some myself to try the Schardt Protocol but I had found it hard to tolerate, so I've got a small fortune in diflucan there in Paris. I'm sure if our flat got broken into, the burglars would take the rotten TV and not even take a look at the meds :))

Right now, the ofloxacin is doing great things for my brain, head and neck symptoms, but the cystitis keeps on keeping on (hence the idea of the trimethoprim).

Also I have to make do with what I've got bec I'm in the country and my doc is on hols until the end of August! And there's no way I can go to any of the local doctors.

I have this link that Barb sent re the p450 pathway saved away some place but I can't find it, as usual, so I was hoping she'd hold my hand and just tell me :) Maybe she'll slap my hand instead, for being such a bad, disorganised, lazy girl :(:)

Nelly (in our country place where, I am told by the nearby farmers, there are no ticks on the sheep this year, no fruit either, not one single cherry, peach, plum, apple, pear, fig, quince NOTHING! We have all the trees and not one fruit! I have never seen such a disaster year, apparently there was a bad frost just at the wrong time)

why diflucan and not oral amp b, (funglin) that seems to be cheaper, more effective and longer lasting in my experience. plus you can get it in france..

bleu

Do you think it is safe to take trimethoprim, ofloxacin (2nd generation quinolone) and fluconazole (diflucan) at the same time?

Nelly

Guest guest

only reason i dont like it is because its pricey and i found its effects wore off quick, that said i was never able to get a good dose so to speak and the silly amounts they prescribe are sometimes worthy of sheer laughter. If its ok (which I have no idea to combine) but would suspect to be ok with the others then I would use it if its there, just bare in mind that a systemic might be better in the long run. Also cystitis is sometimes a fungal infection too is it not? how about using the diflucan only (not the trimethoprim) to see if that helps.ref funny harvest. Down here we got issues too, potatoes not coming this year at all (farmer said this very rare, and everything is ripening late. My main concern with the fruit is the lack of bees, this problem as far as I know is ongoing and only getting worse.    On 25 Jul 2008, at 18:21, Nelly Pointis wrote:Bleu, Is ther a particular reason why you don't like diflucan (apart from the price of course)? I seem to remember you doing a lot of research to treat yeast. But you see I have a drawer-full of diflucan as this is what my doctor likes to prescribe. And also a couple of years ago I had purchased some myself to try the Schardt Protocol but I had found it hard to tolerate, so I've got a small fortune in diflucan there in Paris. I'm sure if our flat got broken into, the burglars would take the rotten TV and not even take a look at the meds :))  Right now, the ofloxacin is doing great things for my brain, head and neck symptoms, but the cystitis keeps on keeping on (hence the idea of the trimethoprim). Also I have to make do with what I've got bec I'm in the country and my doc is on hols until the end of August! And there's no way I can go to any of the local doctors.  I have this link that Barb sent re the p450 pathway saved away some place but I can't find it, as usual, so I was hoping she'd hold my hand and just tell me :) Maybe she'll slap my hand instead, for being such a bad, disorganised, lazy girl :(:) Nelly (in our country place where, I am told by the nearby farmers, there are no ticks on the sheep this year, no fruit either, not one single cherry, peach, plum, apple, pear, fig, quince NOTHING! We have all the trees and not one fruit! I have never seen such a disaster year, apparently there was a bad frost just at the wrong time) Re: [infections] Abx comboswhy diflucan and not oral amp b, (funglin) that seems to be cheaper, more effective and longer lasting in my experience. plus you can get it in france..bleuOn 25 Jul 2008, at 16:19, Nelly Pointis wrote:Do you think it is safe to take trimethoprim, ofloxacin (2nd generation quinolone) and fluconazole (diflucan) at the same time? Nelly

Guest guest

Apparently there were fruit but they got decimated by frost. Here btwn Poiteirs and Angoulême I have seen bees, but I haven't done a head count :) and there are many butterflies. But I know in the south proper, people have all been worrying about the bees these last few years. People are also complaining of very, very poor vegetable growth in their gardens this year.

To get back to infections: yes today, after waking up with a flare of the cystitis I've been trying to treat with ofloxacin, I stopped the ofloxacin and I started on the diflucan and nothing else to see what would happen. I will take it on its own for a few days to see if it helps. I'm expecting a big herx in a few days' time (as I had a few years ago when I used diflucan).

Nelly

bleu

Nelly

Guest guest

Oh hold tight for the shakes as the buggers wriggle. btw, me mum used to get cystitis for years, I kept trying to get her to take abx or AF, in the end she had to take norfloxin first (not sure if that helped) then biaxin for (one of the nasties) (I think), and since then she never complained about cystitis any more.On 25 Jul 2008, at 19:00, Nelly Pointis wrote:Apparently there were fruit but they got decimated by frost. Here btwn Poiteirs and Angoulême I have seen bees, but I haven't done a head count :) and there are many butterflies. But I know in the south proper, people have all been worrying about the bees these last few years. People are also complaining of very, very poor vegetable growth in their gardens this year. To get back to infections: yes today, after waking up with a flare of the cystitis I've been trying to treat with ofloxacin, I stopped the ofloxacin and I started on the diflucan and nothing else to see what would happen. I will take it on its own for a few days to see if it helps. I'm expecting a big herx in a few days' time (as I had a few years ago when I used diflucan). Nelly   Re: [infections] Abx comboswhy diflucan and not oral amp b, (funglin) that seems to be cheaper, more effective and longer lasting in my experience. plus you can get it in france..bleuOn 25 Jul 2008, at 16:19, Nelly Pointis wrote:Do you think it is safe to take trimethoprim, ofloxacin (2nd generation quinolone) and fluconazole (diflucan) at the same time? Nelly

Guest guest

Wow, lamisil is way more expensive here than Diflucan (plus they have generic diflucan now, don't they?). Lamisil is also much harder on the liver, etc. I really liked lamisil best of the various AFs I've taken, but doc wouldn't leave me on it indefinitely. I think Diflucan is considered really safe for the long term, and some people I know like it best. I've also seen very positive articles & studies about it's effectiveness/longevity. I built tolerance, but after taking a break from it, I find it's usually at least somewhat effective again. Whether that's against the same or different organisms I don't know.

penny

Nelly

Guest guest

Hi Bleu/all ..Ifound Septin a combo was far superior to Trimethoprim

alone.. This article would explain why ..

Drug combo against AIDS-related infections also

prevents malaria

Category:

Tropical

Diseases News

Article Date: 19 Oct 2005

A drug combination used to prevent pneumonia and opportunistic

bacterial

infection in persons with HIV/AIDS has unexpectedly been found to be

highly

effective at preventing malaria, according to a study published in the

November 15

issue of The Journal of Infectious Diseases, now available online.

The combination, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (TS), is known to reduce

morbidity and mortality from certain opportunistic infections in

HIV-infected

individuals, and is widely recommended for individuals with advanced

disease,

both in developed and developing countries. In addition, TS shares many

properties--including resistance patterns--with a leading anti-malarial

therapy, sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine (SP), causing concern that

widespread use of

TS prophylaxis might increase the number of malarial parasite strains

resistant

to SP treatment, thereby increasing the risk that SP treatment may fail

in

HIV-infected individuals who contract malaria.

These concerns prompted V. Plowe, MD, MPH, and colleagues

at the

University of land School of Medicine and the Malaria Research and Training Center at the

University of

Bamako to conduct a study to determine whether TS prophylaxis impairs

SP

efficacy for treating malaria. The investigators studied 160 children

(aged 5-15

years) given TS prophylaxis and 80 children in a control group

receiving no

preventive treatment in Mali, where malaria is endemic and rates of HIV infection in

children

are low. Plowe and colleagues were expecting to compare the success of

SP

treatment on malarial episodes in both groups. What they encountered,

however,

was just a single clinical episode of malaria in the TS group, and the infected

individual had an

adequate clinical and parasitological response to SP. In the control

group,

there were 72 episodes of malaria and three instances of SP failure.

Lack of malarial episodes in the TS group precluded meaningful

comparison of SP

efficacy in the TS and control groups, but, importantly, TS was shown

to be a

highly effective prophylactic agent against malaria in this population,

reducing the incidence by 99.5%.

In addition to being protected against malaria, children in the TS group also experienced

fewer

gastrointestinal illnesses and had slightly higher hemoglobin levels

than those

in the control group. The authors pointed out that such benefits did

not mean

that routine TS prophylaxis should be used in healthy children but that

they

did "mitigate concerns about TS use in HIV-exposed children whose HIV

status is not yet known."

Although the authors cautioned that studies of SP efficacy in persons

taking TS

prophylaxis are still needed and that SP should be used only with

caution in

those taking TS who contract malaria, "based on the results of this

study

and the clear evidence that TS prevents death in persons living with

HIV in a

variety of African settings, concerns about spreading SP resistance do

not

justify further delays in implementing TS prophylaxis."

Founded in 1904, The Journal of Infectious Diseases is the premier

publication

in the Western

Hemisphere for

original research on the pathogenesis,

diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases; on the microbes that

cause

them; and on disorders of host immune mechanisms. Articles in JID

include

research results from microbiology, immunology, epidemiology, and

related

disciplines. JID is published under the auspices of the Infectious

Diseases

Society of America (IDSA). Based in andria, Va., IDSA is a professional

society representing about 8,000 physicians and scientists who

specialize in

infectious diseases. For more information, visit http://www.idsociety.org/

Steve Baragona

sbaragona@...

Infectious Diseases Society of America

http://www.idsociety.org/

Agentbleu wrote:

trimethoprim pauluk says great things about.

I would instead

of diflucan or amb b then goto lamisil. This is a systemic, pauluk

(fungiman) says you need to combine topical and systemics to get to the

hard to reach tissues. I found lamisil got right into the prostate,

among other places and would think that could worth a shot.

only thing I

would suggest is getting barb to maybe throw some light on the p450

pathway as to what drugs use it, not wanting to overload anything.

On 25 Jul 2008, at 17:18, Nelly Pointis wrote:

Bleu,

I have been taking oral amp B for

years (as long as I have been taking abx in fact as prevention for

possible abx induced yeast infection). But this time I feel I need to

give the guys that might be hiding deep into the tissues a bit of a

stir.

In fact right now I am battling

cystitis that gets better on some abx but then after a few days it

comes back and I suspect it might be deep tissue yeast infection in the

lining of the bladder.

I am just wondering if my combo of

weird abx is OK? The quinolone, ofloxacin, is really helping me but I

think I might need to add something against the cystitis as it seemed

to flare whilst I was on it (day 14), hence the trimethoprim, a drug I

have never taken.

Urine tested but nothing found, I

really think it's in the lining of the bladder

Nelly

Re:

[infections] Abx combos

why diflucan and not oral amp b, (funglin) that seems to be cheaper,

more effective and longer lasting in my experience. plus you can get it

in france..

bleu

Do you think it is safe to take

trimethoprim, ofloxacin (2nd generation quinolone) and fluconazole

(diflucan) at the same time?

Nelly

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.5.6/1572 - Release Date: 25/07/2008 06:51