RemedySpot.com

Re: tests for osteomyelitis of jaw (plus NFL quarterbacks - infections of the knee)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I can't recommend Dr. H based on many things I've heard. Dr. S is somewhat questionable as well, but I'd take him over Dr. H. He might be worth talking to as long as you make sure to work with another doc to coordinate follow up treatment. A lot of these guys are pretty agressive when it comes to dxing OM and performing surgery but not so agressive when it comes to follow up treatment.

I don't know if you follow football, probably not (I'm probably the only football fanatic here) but two of the league's best quarterbacks (Tom Brady & Peyton Manning) have recently had knee surgeries and both came back with knee infections. Both have been treated agressively (and with great alarm). One, Tom Brady of the Patriots, has already had 4 surgical procedures in as many weeks to try to clear the infection and prevent it from spreading. He's not out of the woods yet. Can you believe that? Wouldn't it be nice if we got that kind of concern and attention? But no, we common folks routinely get dentists who go in and do root canals for our infected teeth which are left to fester and spread for years. And people wonder why there are so many chronically ill people.

penny

p.s. While all this was happening with Tom & Peyton, it came to light that one of the players on the Cleveland Browns was recently hospitalized with a staph infection and that 7 or so players on his team have also had staph infections in the last 2 years. He was suspended 1 game and fined $235,000 (game pay) for talking about it. Sound like a cover up anybody?

> > From: amydent9 <amydent9@.. .>> Subject: [infectionAndInflam mation2] tests for osteomyelitis of jaw> InfectionAndInflamm ation2@grou ps.com> Date: Saturday, October 18, 2008, 8:00 PM> > > > > > > what tests will show osteomyelitis of the jaw?> > I hear you can get Hyperbaric oxygen paid for wiht that diagnosis> >

amy>