RemedySpot.com

Re: sinus issues, penny

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My guess is the amoxicillin was triggering an inflammatory response, possibly because the bacteria got stirred up. I don't think amoxicillin's going to do much for people like us other than tease our infections. It's possible it might help some people and you could possibly have been having a real herxheimer reaction (dying bugs releasing toxins and all that goes with that). Did this happen fairly soon after you started the amoxy? A real herx would occur pretty soon after you started the drug. But my guess is the amoxycillin was too weak to do much more than trigger the bugs to increase their defenses (and toxin release) which in turn provokes your own immune defenses (inflammatory response) causing you to feel the effects.

I'm pretty sure that my own migraines are at least partially a result of inflammation caused by the infection in my sinuses.

In a situation similar to yours, a few weeks ago I took a fairly large dose of mitronizadole (before reading here about ramping up slowly) and I had one of the worst migraines of my life, vomited all night long, and experienced massive digestive discomfort. My digestive system is still messed up from it. I think I experienced the same kind of process I described above, except that metronizadole really killed some bugs and stirred a bunch of others up making me extremely sick. I think I need to take it again, but I won't start with such a large dose, that's for sure. The good news is, I don't think bugs will become resistant to even low doses of metronizadole. Can't say the same thing for amoxicillin.

penny

From: amydent9 <amydent9@...>Subject: [infections] sinus issues, pennyinfections@yah aoogroups.comDate: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 1:59 PM

hi Pennycan you address this,I was on amoxocillan for treating lyme high dose of 3000 a day.During this treatment I got really bad throbbing kind of migraine likeheadaches that throbbed in my sinuses. This is something I've neverexperienced before.I'm wondering what this means, if it was aggravating or helping the sinus.I think I ahve staph and other bacterial things but I dont knowbecause not sure who would diagnose them.I also have mold., which would be in sinusesI went to an ENT who says he doesnt see anything up my nose to culturefrom. Am pondering a CAT of sinus.Wondering about the throbbing inside sinus headaches,thanks, amy