RemedySpot.com

Penny- humidity and inflammation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Interesting article that states the range to keep the humidty for the

best results..(not under 15% humidity- I guess that's too dry)..

Hlad to hear that the de-humidifier is working for you..

Reference 1

http://www.aaaai.org/aadmc/ate/category.asp?cat=1068

Reference 2

Epidermal interleukin-1a generation is amplified at low

humidity ...kept in conditions of normal (a) or high humidity for 48 h

©. (d) Polyclonal non-specific ... as histological evidence of

inflammation. In contrast, ...

www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/pdf/10.1046/j.1365-2133.2001.04007.x

Thanks, Barb. I've been planning to look up more stuff on humidity and inflammation. As mentioned in that article, I was also thinking of dust mites as a possible cause for my headaches so I bought some special dust mite prevention stuff despite having 2 huge air cleaners and new carpeting and hard flooring throughout the house (which should be comparitively mite free). But the dust mite possibility was also part of my reasoning for buying the dehumidifier since mites are supposed to be less problematic in a dry environment. But after using the dehumidifier succesfully right away, I then got a headache at the very clean hotel I stayed at (no reused bedspreads, etc), and the obvious difference there was the missing dehumidifier. I really do think that moisture is the cause of my headaches, and the removal of moisture is relieving them. Plus, I am just

feeling so much better in general when the dehumidifier's going that I feel very certain that it's somehow affecting my inflammation in general. Just like moving to the desert, but not so hot. :-) Would definitely like to learn more about this though, so thanks much for the info. penny Barb Peck <egroups1bp@...> wrote: Interesting article that states the range to keep the humidty

for the best results..(not under 15% humidity- I guess that's too dry)..Hlad to hear that the de-humidifier is working for you..Reference 1http://www.aaaai.org/aadmc/ate/category.asp?cat=1068Reference 2Epidermal interleukin-1a generation is amplified at low humidity ...kept in conditions of normal (a) or high humidity for 48 h ©. (d) Polyclonal non-specific ... as histological evidence of inflammation. In contrast, ...www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/pdf/10.1046/j.1365-2133.2001.04007.x