optimal performance improvement), but I came up *shorter* on each run

by 3-400 yards each time. So I said, I am not in a position to do

this. I only got a mood lift from one of the runs anyway, which was

not the pattern when I was running back in '05-06; back then I got a

blast every time.

I also ran 2 miles about a month ago (less hills on that course

though). I was shocked that I was actually able to do it, the way I'd

been feeling. Anyway it didn't feel very good; I didn't get any mood

lift afterward. It felt like the runs of last spring.

I started bruxing even worse lately, and started getting a mild to

moderate head from it every day. I get pain, fog, and " repulsive "

physical discomfort in the head, along with jaw pain.

Finally I remembered there are some anecdotes about Mg supplementation

helping bruxism. I bought a thing of Mg oxide. I knew there was a

laxative dose threshhold but I couldn't remember what it was, and I

guessed wrong. I really should have bothered to look that up. I got

diarrhea for days on end. Be smart people, don't end up like little

, this is a public service announcement...

Anyway, I had some apparent energy and depression/anxiety lifts in

spite of being all discommoded like that. I was like whoa what's going

on here. Generally I do not get any placebo effect - I've tried lots

of things that I hoped would help.

I obtained Mg glycinate, which I believe is much more absorbable, and

stuck to a much lower dose.

I've been kind of depressive and anxious again though, on and off, so

it's not like I've been blasted to another world. I'm not 100% certain

of a major impact from this little Mg trial. I am still evaluating the

effects. It's also possible that most of the mood/energy effects have

come just through slowing down the bruxism and avoiding the mixed

head-o-pathy of pain and fog that results from hard core bruxing.

Also... I have made other changes at the same time that address

bruxism, not only the Mg change - I *had* been trying taurine and GABA

for the bruxing, but I think the GABA preparation actually may have

promoted bruxing (something definitely did), because it turned out to

have a lot of calcium in it. At the same time that I took the Mg

oxide, I dumped the GABA and kept the taurine (which is Ca free). I

have not yet tried to go without the taurine to see if the Mg has

really fixed the problem.

But being able to make a very large fitness gain from just one run

seems very striking, and probably does not have to do with bruxing.

Definitely different from last spring. I love to run, so I went out

very hard last spring to try to lengthen my run from that 1.75 miles;

I am certain I didn't fail to gain distance from lack of trying.

Whereas today I ran a soggy first 1.5 and then I suddenly just picked

up this little groove and took off, and doubled my distance.

Guest guest

I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of things, including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the fact hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of proves that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help bruxism as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for constipation :-). I also prefer Mg glycinate. If I remember correctly, the oxide is the least absorbable and most likely to cause diarrhea. There's also some stuff out there about mg glycinate in particular being good for depression and bipolar disorder so that might partially explain the mood lift? Since so many pwc are magnesium defecient, I think it's a pretty good guess to

avoid extra calcium which antagonizes magnesium. We tend to get quite a bit more calcium from our diets than we do magnesium, unless by chance you eat boat loads of greens, and it seems like our disease also depletes our mg, so to me it makes more sense to supplement with more mg and zero (or at least less) ca. unless you've got a documented calcium deficiency. Hope you continue to have positive effects from the mg and can continue to run without negative consequences. penny <usenethod@...> wrote: NVLLIVS IN VERBA, my friends...I've had an invigoration (a probable one anyway) that may be due tomagnesium supplementation.I just ran 6 miles in no-laces leather loafers. I had run 3 miles twodays ago (which was all I had in me at the time, and surprisinglymuch). And hadn't run before that, anytime recently. So I made a largefitness gain from the one run, even though I waited just 2 days torecover.About a year ago, after I rectified my vitamin D situation andexperienced a possible-to-probable vitamin D herx (Vegas odds 5:2), Iimproved (from a very sorry state) enough to try running again. But Ionly made ~1.75 miles (with a few hundred yards of moderate hills),before grinding down to a walking-speed jog. I tried the same coursetwo more times at intervals of a week or so (which should give anoptimal

performance improvement), but I came up *shorter* on each runby 3-400 yards each time. So I said, I am not in a position to dothis. I only got a mood lift from one of the runs anyway, which wasnot the pattern when I was running back in '05-06; back then I got ablast every time. I also ran 2 miles about a month ago (less hills on that coursethough). I was shocked that I was actually able to do it, the way I'dbeen feeling. Anyway it didn't feel very good; I didn't get any moodlift afterward. It felt like the runs of last spring.I started bruxing even worse lately, and started getting a mild tomoderate head from it every day. I get pain, fog, and "repulsive"physical discomfort in the head, along with jaw pain.Finally I remembered there are some anecdotes about Mg supplementationhelping bruxism. I bought a thing of Mg oxide. I knew there was alaxative dose threshhold but I couldn't remember what it was,

and Iguessed wrong. I really should have bothered to look that up. I gotdiarrhea for days on end. Be smart people, don't end up like little, this is a public service announcement...Anyway, I had some apparent energy and depression/anxiety lifts inspite of being all discommoded like that. I was like whoa what's goingon here. Generally I do not get any placebo effect - I've tried lotsof things that I hoped would help.I obtained Mg glycinate, which I believe is much more absorbable, andstuck to a much lower dose. I've been kind of depressive and anxious again though, on and off, soit's not like I've been blasted to another world. I'm not 100% certainof a major impact from this little Mg trial. I am still evaluating theeffects. It's also possible that most of the mood/energy effects havecome just through slowing down the bruxism and avoiding the mixedhead-o-pathy of pain and fog that results from

hard core bruxing.Also... I have made other changes at the same time that addressbruxism, not only the Mg change - I *had* been trying taurine and GABAfor the bruxing, but I think the GABA preparation actually may havepromoted bruxing (something definitely did), because it turned out tohave a lot of calcium in it. At the same time that I took the Mgoxide, I dumped the GABA and kept the taurine (which is Ca free). Ihave not yet tried to go without the taurine to see if the Mg hasreally fixed the problem.But being able to make a very large fitness gain from just one runseems very striking, and probably does not have to do with bruxing.Definitely different from last spring. I love to run, so I went outvery hard last spring to try to lengthen my run from that 1.75 miles;I am certain I didn't fail to gain distance from lack of trying.Whereas today I ran a soggy first 1.5 and then I suddenly just pickedup this

little groove and took off, and doubled my distance.

Guest guest

Thanks for the info Penny.

I did read this paper from Med Hypotheses on Mg and depression... it

had limited credibility (to my mind) but is interesting:

http://george-eby-research.com/html/magnesium-for-depression.pdf

It said there is very little literature on Mg and depression. I

haven't yet taken a braod look into the anecdotal testimony out there.

>

> NVLLIVS IN VERBA, my friends...

>

> I've had an invigoration (a probable one anyway) that may be due to

> magnesium supplementation.

>

> I just ran 6 miles in no-laces leather loafers. I had run 3 miles two

> days ago (which was all I had in me at the time, and surprisingly

> much). And hadn't run before that, anytime recently. So I made a large

> fitness gain from the one run, even though I waited just 2 days to

> recover.

>

> About a year ago, after I rectified my vitamin D situation and

> experienced a possible-to-probable vitamin D herx (Vegas odds 5:2), I

> improved (from a very sorry state) enough to try running again. But I

> only made ~1.75 miles (with a few hundred yards of moderate hills),

> before grinding down to a walking-speed jog. I tried the same course

> two more times at intervals of a week or so (which should give an

> optimal performance improvement), but I came up *shorter* on each run

> by 3-400 yards each time. So I said, I am not in a position to do

> this. I only got a mood lift from one of the runs anyway, which was

> not the pattern when I was running back in '05-06; back then I got a

> blast every time.

>

> I also ran 2 miles about a month ago (less hills on that course

> though). I was shocked that I was actually able to do it, the way I'd

> been feeling. Anyway it didn't feel very good; I didn't get any mood

> lift afterward. It felt like the runs of last spring.

>

> I started bruxing even worse lately, and started getting a mild to

> moderate head from it every day. I get pain, fog, and " repulsive "

> physical discomfort in the head, along with jaw pain.

>

> Finally I remembered there are some anecdotes about Mg supplementation

> helping bruxism. I bought a thing of Mg oxide. I knew there was a

> laxative dose threshhold but I couldn't remember what it was, and I

> guessed wrong. I really should have bothered to look that up. I got

> diarrhea for days on end. Be smart people, don't end up like little

> , this is a public service announcement...

>

> Anyway, I had some apparent energy and depression/anxiety lifts in

> spite of being all discommoded like that. I was like whoa what's going

> on here. Generally I do not get any placebo effect - I've tried lots

> of things that I hoped would help.

>

> I obtained Mg glycinate, which I believe is much more absorbable, and

> stuck to a much lower dose.

>

> I've been kind of depressive and anxious again though, on and off, so

> it's not like I've been blasted to another world. I'm not 100% certain

> of a major impact from this little Mg trial. I am still evaluating the

> effects. It's also possible that most of the mood/energy effects have

> come just through slowing down the bruxism and avoiding the mixed

> head-o-pathy of pain and fog that results from hard core bruxing.

> Also... I have made other changes at the same time that address

> bruxism, not only the Mg change - I *had* been trying taurine and GABA

> for the bruxing, but I think the GABA preparation actually may have

> promoted bruxing (something definitely did), because it turned out to

> have a lot of calcium in it. At the same time that I took the Mg

> oxide, I dumped the GABA and kept the taurine (which is Ca free). I

> have not yet tried to go without the taurine to see if the Mg has

> really fixed the problem.

>

> But being able to make a very large fitness gain from just one run

> seems very striking, and probably does not have to do with bruxing.

> Definitely different from last spring. I love to run, so I went out

> very hard last spring to try to lengthen my run from that 1.75 miles;

> I am certain I didn't fail to gain distance from lack of trying.

> Whereas today I ran a soggy first 1.5 and then I suddenly just picked

> up this little groove and took off, and doubled my distance.

>

Guest guest

Hey, there's Eby again! He's the gallium guy, and before that the guy who made zinc a household remedy for colds. I think I mentioned I saw a t.v. show about him, quite by accident, specifically his unique house and underground horse stables. He's definitely a smart guy (and former scientist). I also forgot all about the gallium. After triggering that horrendous migraine, and then drying my hands out so badly, it seemed like a lot of trouble. Then my inflammation all disappeared with the nasal spray, so forgot all about it. Anyway, I can't vouch for the veracity of his magnesium study, but I do think he's pretty analytical and methodical in his methods. penny <usenethod@...> wrote: Thanks for the info Penny.I did read this paper from Med Hypotheses on Mg and depression... ithad limited credibility (to my mind) but is interesting:http://george-eby-research.com/html/magnesium-for-depression.pdfIt said there is very little literature on Mg and depression. Ihaven't yet taken a braod look into the anecdotal testimony out there.> > NVLLIVS IN VERBA, my friends...> > I've had an invigoration (a probable one anyway) that may be due to> magnesium supplementation.> > I just ran 6 miles in no-laces leather loafers. I had run 3 miles two> days ago (which was all I had in me at the time, and surprisingly> much). And hadn't run before that, anytime recently. So I made a large> fitness gain from

the one run, even though I waited just 2 days to> recover.> > About a year ago, after I rectified my vitamin D situation and> experienced a possible-to-probable vitamin D herx (Vegas odds 5:2), I> improved (from a very sorry state) enough to try running again. But I> only made ~1.75 miles (with a few hundred yards of moderate hills),> before grinding down to a walking-speed jog. I tried the same course> two more times at intervals of a week or so (which should give an> optimal performance improvement), but I came up *shorter* on each run> by 3-400 yards each time. So I said, I am not in a position to do> this. I only got a mood lift from one of the runs anyway, which was> not the pattern when I was running back in '05-06; back then I got a> blast every time. > > I also ran 2 miles about a month ago (less hills on that course> though). I was shocked that

I was actually able to do it, the way I'd> been feeling. Anyway it didn't feel very good; I didn't get any mood> lift afterward. It felt like the runs of last spring.> > I started bruxing even worse lately, and started getting a mild to> moderate head from it every day. I get pain, fog, and "repulsive"> physical discomfort in the head, along with jaw pain.> > Finally I remembered there are some anecdotes about Mg supplementation> helping bruxism. I bought a thing of Mg oxide. I knew there was a> laxative dose threshhold but I couldn't remember what it was, and I> guessed wrong. I really should have bothered to look that up. I got> diarrhea for days on end. Be smart people, don't end up like little> , this is a public service announcement...> > Anyway, I had some apparent energy and depression/anxiety lifts in> spite of being all discommoded like that. I

was like whoa what's going> on here. Generally I do not get any placebo effect - I've tried lots> of things that I hoped would help.> > I obtained Mg glycinate, which I believe is much more absorbable, and> stuck to a much lower dose. > > I've been kind of depressive and anxious again though, on and off, so> it's not like I've been blasted to another world. I'm not 100% certain> of a major impact from this little Mg trial. I am still evaluating the> effects. It's also possible that most of the mood/energy effects have> come just through slowing down the bruxism and avoiding the mixed> head-o-pathy of pain and fog that results from hard core bruxing.> Also... I have made other changes at the same time that address> bruxism, not only the Mg change - I *had* been trying taurine and GABA> for the bruxing, but I think the GABA preparation actually may have> promoted

bruxing (something definitely did), because it turned out to> have a lot of calcium in it. At the same time that I took the Mg> oxide, I dumped the GABA and kept the taurine (which is Ca free). I> have not yet tried to go without the taurine to see if the Mg has> really fixed the problem.> > But being able to make a very large fitness gain from just one run> seems very striking, and probably does not have to do with bruxing.> Definitely different from last spring. I love to run, so I went out> very hard last spring to try to lengthen my run from that 1.75 miles;> I am certain I didn't fail to gain distance from lack of trying.> Whereas today I ran a soggy first 1.5 and then I suddenly just picked> up this little groove and took off, and doubled my distance.>

Guest guest

I have used pharmceutical grade pwders of Calcium Carbonate and

Magnesium Oxide for several years ( The oxide is about 56% magnesium,

and that's highly absorabable - Penny- your form of magnesium may be

100% magnesium.. that's the diff).

I agree- the body uses it for almost all cellular functions - gotta

have it!

Barb

>

> I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of things,

including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your

muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It

relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the fact

hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of proves

that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help bruxism

as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for constipation

Guest guest

Mag gives me the runs, all forms. I keep hearing we should all take it but I can't.

Nelly

[infections] Re: reecente Improuementf in my Natural Knowledge

I have used pharmceutical grade pwders of Calcium Carbonate and Magnesium Oxide for several years ( The oxide is about 56% magnesium, and that's highly absorabable - Penny- your form of magnesium may be 100% magnesium.. that's the diff).I agree- the body uses it for almost all cellular functions - gotta have it!Barb>> I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of things, including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the fact hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of proves that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help bruxism as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for constipation

Guest guest

Dear Nelly

Have you tried Mag sulphate in gram doses?

R

I have used pharmceutical grade pwders of Calcium Carbonate and Magnesium Oxide for several years ( The oxide is about 56% magnesium, and that's highly absorabable - Penny- your form of magnesium may be 100% magnesium.. that's the diff).I agree- the body uses it for almost all cellular functions - gotta have it!Barb>> I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of things, including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the fact hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of proves that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help bruxism as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for constipation

Guest guest

mag sulphate is probably the worst, what do you mean by "gram doses"?

Nelly

Guest guest

Intra muscular injections of

preservative-free Magnesium Sulfate -- with a pit of Procaine -- will

do the job in that case.

It will also do a job on your butt after awhile ... you have to take

significant "vacations" from the shots or after awhile you will be

sitting on pure scar tissue. However, aside from avoiding the runs,

one of 's doctors felt that it was the only way for all your

organs to get a fair shot at the Mag, without the liver and kidneys

hogging it.

Some people have a problem with constipation, so the side effects of

oral magnesium can actually be useful -- but there is some debate about

how bio-available the stuff is by mouth anyway, especially in

gut-compromised, chronically ill people. Plus for the chemically

sensitive there are concerns about some of the oral Mag out there and

what it's bound to ...

--Bob

Nelly Pointis wrote:

Mag gives me the runs, all forms. I

keep hearing we should all take it but I can't.

Nelly

-----

Original Message -----

Barb Peck

To:

infections

Sent:

Saturday, March 08, 2008 3:37 PM

Subject:

[infections] Re: reecente Improuementf in my

Natural Knowledge

I have used pharmceutical grade pwders of Calcium Carbonate and

Magnesium Oxide for several years ( The oxide is about 56% magnesium,

and that's highly absorabable - Penny- your form of magnesium may be

100% magnesium.. that's the diff).

I agree- the body uses it for almost all cellular functions - gotta

have it!

Barb

>

> I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of things,

including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your

muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It

relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the fact

hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of proves

that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help bruxism

as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for constipation

Guest guest

Supposedly some chemically sensitive people have problems processing

sulfur, thus magnesium sulfate may not be tolerated, while magnesium

chloride is.

I switched to magnesium chloride in my IV simply because it's less

potent (20% as opposed to 50%). I think I like it better but it's hard

to tell.

Without IV magnesium I am a wreck. I sometimes gave myself butt shots

of magnesium sulfate and yes it is caustic and forms scar tissue. In

addition I didn't feel it was as gently systemic as in an IV with

other vitamins and minerals that are synergistic. The upside is that

if you do it properly (draw out the needle to make sure there is no

blood ie that you haven't hit a blood vessel by mistake) you can do it

at home for cheap.

> > >

> > > I'm a big fan of Magnesium. I think it's good for lots of

things,

> > including, if I remember correctly, getting more oxygen to your

> > muscles? It definitely relaxes them, I know that for sure. It

> > relieves muscle spasming as well as eye tics for me. Plus, the

fact

> > hospitals use it when someone's having a heart attack kind of

proves

> > that point. So it doesn't seem illogical that it might help

bruxism

> > as well. And, as you discovered, it can't be beat for constipation

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Dear Nelly

The usual laxative dose for mag sulphate is 10s of grams so gram doses would be expected to have minimal laxative effect. Apparently simple magnesium compounds are laxative in inverse proportion to their solubility, from this mag chloride would appear to be the best (all magnesium compounds equilibrate as chlorides in the stomach anyway).

It looks as if you have more sensitivity than most.

R