RemedySpot.com

Re: Sexual Cpmponent

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I do not know the answer, but I do have some information that I

have heard a long time ago that might lead you onto the right track.

Along with the flight or fight response, which is a primal

instinct used to save our and almost every other animals life in certain situations,

deeply encoded in the brains wiring is the more primal areas of the brain sexual

components ( now before I get flamed for not using the correct terminology or

explaining that it is far more complicated than that, please note this is a

very basic example)

Mouth, or oral movements have always been counted as a sexual area,

you only need to read some of Freuds and others work to understand the ideas

behind that.

From only a very basic level of understand the brain and certain

areas of Psychology, I would hazard a guess to say that if this condition is

linked to the brains primal wiring ( which is causing the aggression or the

need to flee) it very well could also be linked to the more primal sexual codes

of the brain instead and as the mouth and mouth sounds can by some

professionals be counted as a large sexual zone, it would make sense to

consider that any motion or sound of the mouth not only causses a slight sexual

arousal in most people, but people with 4s linked to primal sexual areas of the

brain rather then the aggression parts would find these noises almost sexually unbearable.

At first once reading these posts I thought that sexual

responses would be far better than aggression, but thinking further into it,

too much of any emotion is almost unpleasant....

[mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of stacykan

Sent: Saturday, 22 November 2008 2:43 PM

To: Soundsensitivity

Subject: Sexual Cpmponent

God..I just WISH someone could figure out WHY

there is a sexual

component to mouth noises and 4S! This has been my problem since

early puberty, and I almost cannot take it anymore. Unfortunately (or

fortunatley, depending on how you look at it), my trigger is soley

mouth noises; primarily gum chewing, which is an incessant,

repetitive mouth sound. I am hyper-vigilant when entering a room;

always looking for the people who are chewing gum so I can stay away

even though I wind up looking at them, fixated on their repugnant

chewing, for some strange reason. The problem is, there are so many

triggers to 4S, and some feel actual pain, whereas others of us are

just in phsychological discomfort.

andra, I understand you completely, and I have brought up the

sexual component (feeling a twinge down " there " ..but NOT pain) in

the past, and others have responded that they have similar feelings,

but like almost everything else with 4S, there just don't seem to be

any answers! All we can do is hope!

> > > >

> > >

> > > I saw a therapist for a while as a teenager, when my first 4S

> symptoms started - - - she

> > > suspected that I had witnessed a " primal scene " as a

very young

> child or baby (that is, I

> > saw -

> > > and more importantly head - my parents - aaack! - " in the

act " ) -

> and that the " trauma "

> > had

> > > manifested itself as this intense aversion to certain very

human

> sounds - chewing,

> > sniffing,

> > > throat clearing. Even then I was dubious - I knew that many

> children in the world lived

> > in

> > > one room houses where they had no doubt " witnessed primal

> scenes, " and I doubted

> > highly

> > > that they were " traumatized " in the same way. With

what I know

> today about the genetic

> > > component of so many of these related disorders - Sensory

> Integration Disorder,

> > autism,

> > > Tourette's, OCD and of course, 4S - I do not think there is any

> psychological trauma that

> > > contributes. Maybe a dysfunctional family situation adds to the

> feelings of rage and

> > > helplessness - but I don't think it causes it. Any other

Freudian-

> type diagnoses people

> > have

> > > received over the years???

> > >

> > > Kate in NY

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

__

> AOL Email goes Mobile! You can now read your AOL Emails whilst on

the move. Sign up for a free AOL Email account with unlimited storage

today.

>

I have had thoughts about what you have said before. Perhaps when we hear those noises which create these feelings we know that it is so wrong and that is what causes the negative response, the fear and anger, the need to flee from that noise. For example, if you Mom or child makes a noise like that or if I am just in the car with my husband and family.

I feel embarrassed to say that one of my main trigger sounds from my husband is whistly noises, heavy breathing, but if I encounter them in 'certain situations' they do not bother me at all!

I hope I am not the only one who feels like this because I will be mortified!!!

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 5:35:59 AMSubject: RE: Sexual Cpmponent

I do not know the answer, but I do have some information that I have heard a long time ago that might lead you onto the right track.

Along with the flight or fight response, which is a primal instinct used to save our and almost every other animals life in certain situations, deeply encoded in the brains wiring is the more primal areas of the brain sexual components ( now before I get flamed for not using the correct terminology or explaining that it is far more complicated than that, please note this is a very basic example)

Mouth, or oral movements have always been counted as a sexual area, you only need to read some of Freuds and others work to understand the ideas behind that.

From only a very basic level of understand the brain and certain areas of Psychology, I would hazard a guess to say that if this condition is linked to the brains primal wiring ( which is causing the aggression or the need to flee) it very well could also be linked to the more primal sexual codes of the brain instead and as the mouth and mouth sounds can by some professionals be counted as a large sexual zone, it would make sense to consider that any motion or sound of the mouth not only causses a slight sexual arousal in most people, but people with 4s linked to primal sexual areas of the brain rather then the aggression parts would find these noises almost sexually unbearable.

At first once reading these posts I thought that sexual responses would be far better than aggression, but thinking further into it, too much of any emotion is almost unpleasant.. ..

From: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Soundsensit ivity@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of stacykanSent: Saturday, 22 November 2008 2:43 PMTo: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comSubject: Sexual Cpmponent

God..I just WISH someone could figure out WHY there is a sexual component to mouth noises and 4S! This has been my problem since early puberty, and I almost cannot take it anymore. Unfortunately (or fortunatley, depending on how you look at it), my trigger is soley mouth noises; primarily gum chewing, which is an incessant, repetitive mouth sound. I am hyper-vigilant when entering a room; always looking for the people who are chewing gum so I can stay away even though I wind up looking at them, fixated on their repugnant chewing, for some strange reason. The problem is, there are so many triggers to 4S, and some feel actual pain, whereas others of us are just in phsychological discomfort. andra, I understand you completely, and I have brought up the sexual component (feeling a twinge down "there"..but NOT pain) in the past, and others have responded that they have similar feelings, but

like almost everything else with 4S, there just don't seem to be any answers! All we can do is hope!> > > >> > > > > > I saw a therapist for a while as a teenager, when my first 4S > symptoms started - - - she > > > suspected that I had witnessed a "primal scene" as a very young > child or baby (that is, I > > saw - > > > and more importantly head - my parents - aaack! - "in the act") - > and that the "trauma" > > had > > > manifested itself as this intense aversion to certain very human > sounds - chewing, > > sniffing, > > > throat

clearing. Even then I was dubious - I knew that many > children in the world lived > > in > > > one room houses where they had no doubt "witnessed primal > scenes," and I doubted > > highly > > > that they were "traumatized" in the same way. With what I know > today about the genetic > > > component of so many of these related disorders - Sensory > Integration Disorder, > > autism, > > > Tourette's, OCD and of course, 4S - I do not think there is any > psychological trauma that > > > contributes. Maybe a dysfunctional family situation adds to the > feelings of rage and > > > helplessness - but I don't think it causes it. Any other Freudian-> type diagnoses people > > have > > > received over the years???> > > > > > Kate in NY> >

>> >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ___> AOL Email goes Mobile! You can now read your AOL Emails whilst on the move. Sign up for a free AOL Email account with unlimited storage today.>

Hi , I find this as well also...at times I hear the exact same noise and it doesn't bother me at all. I try and figure out what is different in those situations. When is it that your husband's noises don't bother you? Maybe we can figure something out about how our brains work!andraTo:

Soundsensitivity Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 7:38:45 PMSubject: Re: Sexual Cpmponent

I have had thoughts about what you have said before. Perhaps when we hear those noises which create these feelings we know that it is so wrong and that is what causes the negative response, the fear and anger, the need to flee from that noise. For example, if you Mom or child makes a noise like that or if I am just in the car with my husband and family.

I feel embarrassed to say that one of my main trigger sounds from my husband is whistly noises, heavy breathing, but if I encounter them in 'certain situations' they do not bother me at all!

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 5:35:59 AMSubject: RE: Sexual Cpmponent

I do not know the answer, but I do have some information that I have heard a long time ago that might lead you onto the right track.

Along with the flight or fight response, which is a primal instinct used to save our and almost every other animals life in certain situations, deeply encoded in the brains wiring is the more primal areas of the brain sexual components ( now before I get flamed for not using the correct terminology or explaining that it is far more complicated than that, please note this is a very basic example)

Mouth, or oral movements have always been counted as a sexual area, you only need to read some of Freuds and others work to understand the ideas behind that.

From only a very basic level of understand the brain and certain areas of Psychology, I would hazard a guess to say that if this condition is linked to the brains primal wiring ( which is causing the aggression or the need to flee) it very well could also be linked to the more primal sexual codes of the brain instead and as the mouth and mouth sounds can by some professionals be counted as a large sexual zone, it would make sense to consider that any motion or sound of the mouth not only causses a slight sexual arousal in most people, but people with 4s linked to primal sexual areas of the brain rather then the aggression parts would find these noises almost sexually unbearable.

At first once reading these posts I thought that sexual responses would be far better than aggression, but thinking further into it, too much of any emotion is almost unpleasant.. ..

From: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Soundsensit ivity@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of stacykanSent: Saturday, 22 November 2008 2:43 PMTo: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comSubject: Sexual Cpmponent

God..I just WISH someone could figure out WHY there is a sexual component to mouth noises and 4S! This has been my problem since early puberty, and I almost cannot take it anymore. Unfortunately (or fortunatley, depending on how you look at it), my trigger is soley mouth noises; primarily gum chewing, which is an incessant, repetitive mouth sound. I am hyper-vigilant when entering a room; always looking for the people who are chewing gum so I can stay away even though I wind up looking at them, fixated on their repugnant chewing, for some strange reason. The problem is, there are so many triggers to 4S, and some feel actual pain, whereas others of us are just in phsychological discomfort. andra, I understand you completely, and I have brought up the sexual component (feeling a twinge down "there"..but NOT pain) in the past, and others have responded that they have similar feelings, but

like almost everything else with 4S, there just don't seem to be any answers! All we can do is hope!> > > >> > > > > > I saw a therapist for a while as a teenager, when my first 4S > symptoms started - - - she > > > suspected that I had witnessed a "primal scene" as a very young > child or baby (that is, I > > saw - > > > and more importantly head - my parents - aaack! - "in the act") - > and that the "trauma" > > had > > > manifested itself as this intense aversion to certain very human > sounds - chewing, > > sniffing, > > > throat

clearing. Even then I was dubious - I knew that many > children in the world lived > > in > > > one room houses where they had no doubt "witnessed primal > scenes," and I doubted > > highly > > > that they were "traumatized" in the same way. With what I know > today about the genetic > > > component of so many of these related disorders - Sensory > Integration Disorder, > > autism, > > > Tourette's, OCD and of course, 4S - I do not think there is any > psychological trauma that > > > contributes. Maybe a dysfunctional family situation adds to the > feelings of rage and > > > helplessness - but I don't think it causes it. Any other Freudian-> type diagnoses people > > have > > > received over the years???> > > > > > Kate in NY> >

>> >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ___> AOL Email goes Mobile! You can now read your AOL Emails whilst on the move. Sign up for a free AOL Email account with unlimited storage today.>

I think it would be an interesting experiment if you (all of you) could write down the times that the noise/noises did not bother you and what was going on during that time.

What were you doing?

What were you thinking?

Whas was your state of mind prior to hearing the noise?

Maybe a neurologist/psychologist can isolate the part of the brain that was engaged during these times. If something substantial comes of this we can look for a developmental psychologist/behavioral psychologist/neurologist and see if they can come up with something. The more I read the more I think this engages more than the field of audiology.

a

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 11:57:05 AMSubject: Re: Sexual Cpmponent

Hi , I find this as well also...at times I hear the exact same noise and it doesn't bother me at all. I try and figure out what is different in those situations. When is it that your husband's noises don't bother you? Maybe we can figure something out about how our brains work!andra

From: <rebeccamartin17@ yahoo.com>To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comSent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 7:38:45 PMSubject: Re: Sexual Cpmponent

From: McKenna <r.mckennawestnet (DOT) com.au>To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comSent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 5:35:59 AMSubject: RE: Sexual Cpmponent

I know what you are saying, am i correct to presume that there

are other things that your husband does that cause slight triggers? Maybe more

then one?

My twin brother is a cause of a lot of triggers for me, he doesn’t

do them on purpose, and a lot of the sounds he makes made by others do not

bother me, maybe just because I am around him

A lot more there was time for the sounds to develop into

triggers, its sad really because sometimes i associate the annoyance with him

and not the triggers which can cause annoyance just from seeing him but this

only happens when im in a very very bad state.

[mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of andra Ruiz

Sent: Saturday, 22 November 2008 9:57 PM

Subject: Re: Sexual Cpmponent

Hi

I find this as well also...at times I hear the exact same noise and it doesn't

bother me at all. I try and figure out what is different in those

situations. When is it that your husband's noises don't bother you?

Maybe we can figure something out about how our brains work!

andra

Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 7:38:45 PM

I have had thoughts about what you have said before.

Perhaps when we hear those noises which create these feelings we know that it

is so wrong and that is what causes the negative response, the fear and anger,

the need to flee from that noise. For example, if you Mom or child makes

a noise like that or if I am just in the car with my husband and family.

I feel embarrassed to say that one of my main trigger sounds

from my husband is whistly noises, heavy breathing, but if I encounter

them in 'certain situations' they do not bother me at all!

I hope I am not the only one who feels like this because I

will be mortified!!!

Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 5:35:59 AM

Subject: RE: Sexual Cpmponent

I do not know the answer, but I do have

some information that I have heard a long time ago that might lead you onto the

right track.

Along with the flight or fight response,

which is a primal instinct used to save our and almost every other animals life

in certain situations, deeply encoded in the brains wiring is the more primal

areas of the brain sexual components ( now before I get flamed for not using

the correct terminology or explaining that it is far more complicated than

that, please note this is a very basic example)

Mouth, or oral movements have always

been counted as a sexual area, you only need to read some of Freuds and others

work to understand the ideas behind that.

From only a very basic level of

understand the brain and certain areas of Psychology, I would hazard a guess to

say that if this condition is linked to the brains primal wiring ( which is

causing the aggression or the need to flee) it very well could also be linked

to the more primal sexual codes of the brain instead and as the mouth and mouth

sounds can by some professionals be counted as a large sexual zone, it would

make sense to consider that any motion or sound of the mouth not only causses a

slight sexual arousal in most people, but people with 4s linked to primal

sexual areas of the brain rather then the aggression parts would find these

noises almost sexually unbearable.

At first once reading these posts I

thought that sexual responses would be far better than aggression, but thinking

further into it, too much of any emotion is almost unpleasant.. ..

[mailto:Soundsensit ivity@yahoogroup s.com]

On Behalf Of stacykan

To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com

God..I just WISH someone could figure out WHY there is a sexual

sexual component (feeling a twinge down " there " ..but NOT pain) in

> > > >

> > >

> > > suspected that I had witnessed a " primal scene " as a

very young

> > saw -

> > > and more importantly head - my parents - aaack! - " in the

act " ) -

> and that the " trauma "

> > had

human

> sounds - chewing,

> > sniffing,

> > in

> > > one room houses where they had no doubt " witnessed primal

> scenes, " and I doubted

> > highly

> > > that they were " traumatized " in the same way. With

what I know

> Integration Disorder,

> > autism,

> feelings of rage and

Freudian-

> type diagnoses people

> > have

> > >

> > > Kate in NY

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

__

today.

>

I find this also to be true for me. The more familiar I am with the situation or person, the worse are the effects of the trigger noises. I don't manage to understand why the same noise will illicit a completely different response from one situation/person to another. I guess this could meant that it's not the noises that really affect us but the familiarity with the situation and how intimate of a relationship we have with the person in question? Has anyone tried hypnotherapy?andraTo: Soundsensitivity Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 8:31:43 PMSubject: RE: Sexual Cpmponent

I know what you are saying, am i correct to presume that there

are other things that your husband does that cause slight triggers? Maybe more

then one? My twin brother is a cause of a lot of triggers for me, he doesn¢t

do them on purpose, and a lot of the sounds he makes made by others do not

bother me, maybe just because I am around him A lot more there was time for the sounds to develop into

triggers, its sad really because sometimes i associate the annoyance with him

and not the triggers which can cause annoyance just from seeing him but this

only happens when im in a very very bad state.

[mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of andra Ruiz

Sent: Saturday, 22 November 2008 9:57 PM

Hi

I find this as well also...at times I hear the exact same noise and it doesn't

bother me at all. I try and figure out what is different in those

situations. When is it that your husband's noises don't bother you?

Maybe we can figure something out about how our brains work!

andra

Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 7:38:45 PM

I have had thoughts about what you have said before.

Perhaps when we hear those noises which create these feelings we know that it

is so wrong and that is what causes the negative response, the fear and anger,

the need to flee from that noise. For example, if you Mom or child makes

a noise like that or if I am just in the car with my husband and family.

I feel embarrassed to say that one of my main trigger sounds

from my husband is whistly noises, heavy breathing, but if I encounter

them in 'certain situations' they do not bother me at all!

I hope I am not the only one who feels like this because I

will be mortified!!!

Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 5:35:59 AM

I do not know the answer, but I do have

some information that I have heard a long time ago that might lead you onto the

right track. Along with the flight or fight response,

which is a primal instinct used to save our and almost every other animals life

in certain situations, deeply encoded in the brains wiring is the more primal

areas of the brain sexual components ( now before I get flamed for not using

the correct terminology or explaining that it is far more complicated than

that, please note this is a very basic example) Mouth, or oral movements have always

been counted as a sexual area, you only need to read some of Freuds and others

work to understand the ideas behind that. From only a very basic level of

understand the brain and certain areas of Psychology, I would hazard a guess to

say that if this condition is linked to the brains primal wiring ( which is

causing the aggression or the need to flee) it very well could also be linked

to the more primal sexual codes of the brain instead and as the mouth and mouth

sounds can by some professionals be counted as a large sexual zone, it would

make sense to consider that any motion or sound of the mouth not only causses a

slight sexual arousal in most people, but people with 4s linked to primal

sexual areas of the brain rather then the aggression parts would find these

noises almost sexually unbearable. At first once reading these posts I

thought that sexual responses would be far better than aggression, but thinking

further into it, too much of any emotion is almost unpleasant.. ..

[mailto:Soundsensit ivity@yahoogroup s.com]

On Behalf Of stacykan

To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com

God..I just WISH someone could figure out WHY there is a sexual

sexual component (feeling a twinge down "there"..but NOT pain) in

> > > >

> > >

> > > suspected that I had witnessed a "primal scene" as a

very young

> > saw -

> > > and more importantly head - my parents - aaack! - "in the

act") -

> and that the "trauma"

> > had

human

> sounds - chewing,

> > sniffing,

> > in

> > > one room houses where they had no doubt "witnessed primal

> scenes," and I doubted

> > highly

> > > that they were "traumatized" in the same way. With

what I know

> Integration Disorder,

> > autism,

> feelings of rage and

Freudian-

> type diagnoses people

> > have

> > >

> > > Kate in NY

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

__

today.

>

Maybe it's because familiarity creates intimacy and intimacy creates emotion?- engaging the lower brain functions? It also makes perfect sense that we would be more affected when we perceive being "hurt" by a person that is close to us. Another way to look at it is that we share more of ourselves with those people we are close to. This may explain the sexual implications, these people are not in the periphery or our lives but have entered our personal zone.

To: Soundsensitivity Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 12:41:45 PMSubject: Re: Sexual Cpmponent

I find this also to be true for me. The more familiar I am with the situation or person, the worse are the effects of the trigger noises. I don't manage to understand why the same noise will illicit a completely different response from one situation/person to another. I guess this could meant that it's not the noises that really affect us but the familiarity with the situation and how intimate of a relationship we have with the person in question? Has anyone tried hypnotherapy?andra

From: McKenna <r.mckennawestnet (DOT) com.au>To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comSent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 8:31:43 PMSubject: RE: Sexual Cpmponent

I know what you are saying, am i correct to presume that there are other things that your husband does that cause slight triggers? Maybe more then one?

My twin brother is a cause of a lot of triggers for me, he doesn¢t do them on purpose, and a lot of the sounds he makes made by others do not bother me, maybe just because I am around him

A lot more there was time for the sounds to develop into triggers, its sad really because sometimes i associate the annoyance with him and not the triggers which can cause annoyance just from seeing him but this only happens when im in a very very bad state.

From: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:Soundsensit ivity@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of andra RuizSent: Saturday, 22 November 2008 9:57 PMTo: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comSubject: Re: Sexual Cpmponent

Hi , I find this as well also...at times I hear the exact same noise and it doesn't bother me at all. I try and figure out what is different in those situations. When is it that your husband's noises don't bother you? Maybe we can figure something out about how our brains work!andra

From: <rebeccamartin17@ yahoo.com>To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comSent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 7:38:45 PMSubject: Re: Sexual Cpmponent

From: McKenna <r.mckennawestnet (DOT) com.au>To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comSent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 5:35:59 AMSubject: RE: Sexual Cpmponent

like almost everything else with 4S, there just don't seem to be any answers! All we can do is hope!> > > >> > > > > > I saw a therapist for a while as a teenager, when my first 4S > symptoms started - - - she > > > suspected that I had witnessed a "primal scene" as a very young > child or baby (that is, I > > saw - > > > and more importantly head - my parents - aaack! - "in the act") - > and that the "trauma" > > had > > > manifested itself as this intense aversion to certain very human > sounds - chewing, > > sniffing, > > >

throat clearing. Even then I was dubious - I knew that many > children in the world lived > > in > > > one room houses where they had no doubt "witnessed primal > scenes," and I doubted > > highly > > > that they were "traumatized" in the same way. With what I know > today about the genetic > > > component of so many of these related disorders - Sensory > Integration Disorder, > > autism, > > > Tourette's, OCD and of course, 4S - I do not think there is any > psychological trauma that > > > contributes. Maybe a dysfunctional family situation adds to the > feelings of rage and > > > helplessness - but I don't think it causes it. Any other Freudian-> type diagnoses people > > have > > > received over the years???> > > > > > Kate in NY> >

For me if I am being massaged or some other kind of physical calming contact my triggers are tolerable.Subject: Re: Sexual CpmponentTo: Soundsensitivity Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 6:20 AM

I think it would be an interesting experiment if you (all of you) could write down the times that the noise/noises did not bother you and what was going on during that time.

What were you doing?

What were you thinking?

Whas was your state of mind prior to hearing the noise?

Maybe a neurologist/ psychologist can isolate the part of the brain that was engaged during these times. If something substantial comes of this we can look for a developmental psychologist/ behavioral psychologist/ neurologist and see if they can come up with something. The more I read the more I think this engages more than the field of audiology.

a

From: andra Ruiz <alexandrara@ yahoo.com>To: Soundsensitivity@ yahoogroups. comSent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 11:57:05 AMSubject: Re: Sexual Cpmponent

I feel the exact same way.Subject: Re: Sexual CpmponentTo: Soundsensitivity Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 5:38 AM

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I saw a therapist for a while as a teenager, when my first 4S

> > symptoms started - - - she

> > > > suspected that I had witnessed a " primal scene " as a very young

> > child or baby (that is, I

> > > saw -

> > > > and more importantly head - my parents - aaack! - " in the

> act " ) -

> > and that the " trauma "

> > > had

> > > > manifested itself as this intense aversion to certain very

> human

> > sounds - chewing,

> > > sniffing,

> > > > throat clearing. Even then I was dubious - I knew that many

> > children in the world lived

> > > in

> > > > one room houses where they had no doubt " witnessed primal

> > scenes, " and I doubted

> > > highly

> > > > that they were " traumatized " in the same way. With what I know

> > today about the genetic

> > > > component of so many of these related disorders - Sensory

> > Integration Disorder,

> > > autism,

> > > > Tourette's, OCD and of course, 4S - I do not think there is any

> > psychological trauma that

> > > > contributes. Maybe a dysfunctional family situation adds to the

> > feelings of rage and

> > > > helplessness - but I don't think it causes it. Any other

> Freudian-

> > type diagnoses people

> > > have

> > > > received over the years???

> > > >

> > > > Kate in NY

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

> __

> > AOL Email goes Mobile! You can now read your AOL Emails whilst on

> the move. Sign up for a free AOL Email account with unlimited storage

> today.

> >

>  

>  

>

Hmmm interesting, gives some light on being able to mask the

problem then if nothing else

[mailto:Soundsensitivity ] On Behalf Of Kathy Howe

Sent: Saturday, 29 November 2008 10:49 AM

I find it interesting that new friends or love interests don't

bother people here. But then a few months into the relationship, the

person starts to bother them. I saw a show on the Discovery Channel about

new love and how it affects the brain. They showed how a certain part of

the brain lights up giving an extreme sense of euphoria when a person is

in a new relationship. But it always wears off after a few months.

Maybe this overrides the initial problem that someone with 4s has with someone

new that they meet. But eventually they start to become bothered.

Re: Sexual Cpmponent

Maybe it's because familiarity creates intimacy and intimacy

creates emotion?- engaging the lower brain functions? It also makes

perfect sense that we would be more affected when we perceive being

" hurt " by a person that is close to us. Another way to

look at it is that we share more of ourselves with those people we are close

to. This may explain the sexual implications, these people are not

in the periphery or our lives but have entered our personal zone.

>