RemedySpot.com

LiLa`s story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

ME/my life: LiLa - 15 years old

14 YEARS¡Ä Of struggling and being very sick. Not one normal day since birth.

11 YEARS¡Ä. Before a proper diagnosis was found

FOUR YEARS¡Ä.

Four years since I got the diagnosis of ME and finally got my answers. In these four years I have been confronted with the ugly consequences of ME: pain, infections, depression, pulling out my hair, self-mutilation, and eating disorders.

Standard doctors are convinced that " ME is all between the ears " . It seems they really have no idea, no clue whatsoever about how serious ME is. The patients suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Is this a ruse? Faking? No! This is so real and true: when a patient is just too sick and tired even to do something fun or exciting.

On top of all this, I just found out that ME patients live an average of 25 years less than a healthy person. What is my future? Where do I stand? We also have a big chance of dying prematurely from heart failure or suicide - since depression can accompany ME. These depressions are caused by toxic elements released by the infections inside our body and by our intestines, which don't work properly.

Unfortunately people really don't see or want to see how bad ME can be. Patients aren't faking when they are too tired to walk up the stairs or lift a glass of water. ME is not a sham - it is real! If there are people out there who do understand, then thank you so much for this. We surely need your support and respect! But if someone really doesn't want to get it or understand it - please just go away and leave us alone! We need all our strength just to survive this thing every day.

Is it fair that someone as young as me has to be aware - since I was very young - what the exact consequences of ME are? Knowing that I will never recover completely, that there is no real cure, and that there is a good chance that I will die too soon due to this ugly disease?

NO!! This is not fair! And YES: this is the stunning but sad truth. Unfortunately, ME is not yet seen as the real truth.

Written by LiLa, The Netherlands, May 20th 2008

Hope4All wishes to thank for LiLa's brave contribution and frankness

For links between depression, ME and toxic elements/gut : look at :

http://www.nutritional-healing.com.au/content/articles-content.php?heading=Intestinal%20health%20and%20depression