RemedySpot.com

Re: Bartonella in the News

Rate this topic

Guest guest

From a vet's perspective, Ledum for lyme.

http://cassia.org/ledum.htm

>

> Here's a recent news article on Bartonella. It talks about a doctor

> who is researching about it. The article describes how easy it is to

> get it from lice and fleas and animals and how its a neurological

> disorder. It is my opinion that most with autism and many with other

> diagnoses that involve neurological symptoms are likely to have

> Bartonella, either as the cause or as a main contributing factor to

> symptoms. Lukily, one of my children has the Bartonella rash, so I can

> keep tabs on when it is gone. I check it everyday to see if its has

> gotten worse or better. If he skips his cod liver oil, it does get

> worse. It takes 2 or 3 days back on the cod liver oil for it to be

> back where it was. Most Bartonella treatments make it reduce about 20%

> initially, then no more. It's like the treatment no longer is reducing

> the rash after the first week. But, if he stops a treatment for

> Bartonella, the rash immediately gets bigger. Things that reduced the

> rash for that initial first week were: Minoclycline (don't recommend

> this one), Resveratrol, Cumanda, and Smilax.

>

> http://www.newsobserver.com/news/health_science/story/1333377.html

>

> Love and prayers,

>

> Heidi N

>

Heidi,

Just curious why you do not recommend the minocycline. My son just tried it for about 4 weeks and we had to stop it due to negative side effects (swollen testicles and bed wetting).......deal breakers for us! Just curious what side effects others have seen.

Subject: Bartonella in the NewsTo: BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism Date: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 4:58 PM

Here's a recent news article on Bartonella. It talks about a doctor who is researching about it. The article describes how easy it is to get it from lice and fleas and animals and how its a neurological disorder. It is my opinion that most with autism and many with other diagnoses that involve neurological symptoms are likely to have Bartonella, either as the cause or as a main contributing factor to symptoms. Lukily, one of my children has the Bartonella rash, so I can keep tabs on when it is gone. I check it everyday to see if its has gotten worse or better. If he skips his cod liver oil, it does get worse. It takes 2 or 3 days back on the cod liver oil for it to be back where it was. Most Bartonella treatments make it reduce about 20% initially, then no more. It's like the treatment no longer is reducing the rash after the first week. But, if he stops a treatment for Bartonella, the rash

immediately gets bigger. Things that reduced the rash for that initial first week were: Minoclycline (don't recommend this one), Resveratrol, Cumanda, and Smilax. http://www.newsobse rver.com/ news/health_ science/story/ 1333377.htmlLove and prayers,Heidi N

:

Hi. Numerous postings on the Yahoo Group, Minocycline, state they were taking their children off of it due to their teeth becoming discolored. But more so than that is that when I googled about it, I found stained bones and black thyroid also connected with Minocycline. I don't want my kids to have a black thyroid.

Love and prayers,

Heidi N

Heidi, Just curious why you do not recommend the minocycline. My son just tried it for about 4 weeks and we had to stop it due to negative side effects (swollen testicles and bed wetting).......deal breakers for us! Just curious what side effects others have seen. Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.