RemedySpot.com

Re: neurotransmitters and hormones

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You can get the information on the testing from www.NeuroScienceinc.com. You could probably call and get a referral for a doctor. But any doctor can order. I think you can go to www.directlabs.com and order it directly. You'll have to check on that one. Take care,TamiSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: w3m1@...Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 09:04:20 -0500To: <BorreliaMultipleInfectionsAndAutism >Subject: Re: neurotransmitters and hormones I'm new to this and i'm wondering where you get the test done? What type of doctor? Thanks. lisa RE: neurotransmitters and hormones I just wanted to comment on the Neuroscience test and supplements. I had my son Cade (5 yo with autism), daughter (NT 7 yo), myself and my husband all do the NeuroScience test. The results were spot on based on our symptoms. We all have been taking the recommended supplements from Neuroscience for the last year. They are very good! My husband didn't take his regularly for a period of time (months into taking them) and could tell a real difference and said himself that he needed to go back on them (lots of anxiety and mood issues came back when not on them). It seems that it takes adults longer to balance out then kids. So I have confidence in the test and the supplement protocol. BTW my son loves the rootbeer flavored EndoTrex. Just thought I would share my 2 cents. Kim Burke (Puyallup Washington) neurotransmitters and hormones I wanted to start a new thread to give our update after receiving our neurotransmitter and hormone results from NeuroScience. I thought it would be a week or so before I talked to the doctor about it, but we did an inpromtu appointment yesterday and went over them. I'm just posting for educational purposes here and will try to get the details right. As I posted=2 0before, I need to learn more about the neurotransmitters and am not an expert. I think that Limin has a great amount of knowledge as she called our results accurately. Hormones - All normal for his age (12) and sexual developmental stage. He is entering puberty, I would say between Tanner stage 1 and 2. (meaning a few hairs down there. : ) ) Progesterone and Cortisol were VERY low - this indicates a problem with this pathway since the progesterone is not enough to release cortisol..this can be from stess, ANS dysfunction, sugar and infections according to Dr. TW. The ones we need to look at would be sugar intake and ANS/infections are always in the works. Do not need to do any supplementation here. Neurotransmitters Epinephrine Norepinephrine both too high which would cause less attention and decreased focus (yep that fits lately, not enough to look like adhd but enough to be super annoying) Dopamine - high DOPAC - high Seratonin high 5-HIAA - normal but could rise a bit Glycine - high Taurine - VERY HIGH Glutamine - VERY HIGH Glutamate - high aspartic acid - normal Tyramine - VERY HIGH PEA - Urine - high Histamine - high Bottom line----the areas that are high such as dopamine, seratonin, glycine and taurine because they are overproducing to handle the glutamate and glutamine issue, and the allergy state that is in. (histamine). &nbs p; The glutamate he feels is being produced in the gut and we need to RE-VISIT the GI issues. (uggh..been do ing that for 5 years now!) I will admit that lately I've let a bit more sugar come into the diet and need to be better about the fruit and veggies. NeuroScience provides comments and recommendations for the report. They recommend certain products that they sell. I have heard very good things about their products. I will tell you the recommendations from NeuroScience and then what Dr. TW feels we should do. NeuroScience recommendations Calm PRT Jr. Kavinace TravaCor EndoTrex - a liquid lipoomal formula that contains theanine. Theanine blocks glutamate activity. EndoTrex is available in both citrus and root beer flavored sprays. Dr. TW recommendations #1 priority - TheaNaq - this is a theanine supplement to lower glutamate in a capsule. He didn't like the flavoring issue with the EndoTrex spray. This is a similar product to endotrex but in capsule form. Since my son is 12, he can swallow capsules. https://www.neurorelief.com/index.php?option=com_content & task=view & id=373 & Itemid=47 #2 priority (after 3 weeks on TheaNaq to track progress)_ Calm PRT jr - https:// www.neurorelief.com/index.php?option=com_content & task=view & id=98 & Itemid=47 #3 priority of the levels haven't balanced after 6 weeks then we would add in Kavinace which supports GABA inhibitory neurotransmission with taurine and 4-amin - 3 phenylbutryic acid. https://www.neurorelief.com/index.php?option=com_content & task=view & id=121 & Itemid=47 If you all remember, my son was having delusional behavior and this motivated me to get these tests. Just wanted to share. I'll let you know how the treatment goes. I asked Dr. TW if we were just "patching" and he said no...we work primarily on causation but this will help to balance him out in the meantime until we catch up. I also want to note that with the above imbalances in neurotransmitters, my son is doing very well. A big anxious, and hyper but about it. Take care, Tami Duncanwww.liafoundationorg Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations – including songs for the holidays – FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now! 0A Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations including songs for the holidays FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!