RemedySpot.com

The Oprah Winfrey Show

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

I think it would help our cause if we could call some media attention for 4S. I know that someone on this group has already sent a letter to Oprah. This was a great idea and I'm not sure if anything came out of it. I think we increase our chances of being noticed if each of us contacted her by mail/email. I have just sent her an email describing 4S and the reasons that I feel it's so important for the medical profession to take a closer look at this disorder.

I originally thought that it would increase the odds of being noticed if we all wrote a letter and colored our envelopes with a green crayon (green for hope). We could all send the letters on the same day so that they would arrive together and would call more attention. I have looked on Oprah's site and do not see a physical mail address, it seems like we can only contact her by email.

In my email I described the condition and mentioned that, to date, little attention has been given to it by the medical profession. I also mentioned that Dr Marsha was the one to identify the condition and name it, and that she is the only one worldwide that is trying to find out more about the disorder. I shared my opinion that the field of psychology and neurology should be consulted as well. It would be perfect if Oprah had a show dedicated to 4S and could get a psychologist and neurologist at the top of their field for a consult.

Oprah had a brain scientist on her show Dr. Jill Bolte . Maybe Dr. Jill can come back to the show for a consult on 4S. I did not mention this on my email because I found out about it after I sent it but maybe some of you can mention this possibility in your email. Also, please try to enlist family members and friends that are familiar with 4S, the more emails the better our chances.

At the bottom of this email is the link that will take you directly to the contact page for the Oprah Winfrey show. I urge you to share your story. Please be as honest about how you feel as possible. There are a lot of nuances about 4S that have not been mentioned until recently i.e. the feeling of being sexually violated. I understand that most of you feel embarrassed and ashamed to admit some of the things that you are feeling but please remind yourselves that you are not to blame for what you feel and you are not alone in these feelings. The more open and honest you are about 4S the better we can narrow this disorder to the most appropriate medical branch.

If anyone knows of a physical address for the show please share with the group, maybe we can try to reach her both by email and by post. I would love to know your thoughts on this.

a

https://www.oprah.com/plugform.jsp?plugId=220