parent(s) coordinate services, jobs, supports, with service providers

Setting high expectations makes a difference between thinking 1 is disabled

or 1 is a person with a disability. 1 example I say is never think a

nonverbal child cannot go to college, etc. It may just take more time and

support! In fact, MD Center For Inclusive Ed's 2002 Conference has such a

speaker! mas.

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

i have not gone thru something like this i just wanted to let you know i would be thinking of you and your family. please keep us posted on how your mother does. evelynthumperzluv <char.stamper@...> wrote: I took Mom to the Cancer Center here in Alpena, and for the first time we have 'guarded optimism'. Dr. Donnell explained that Mom doesn't have ' Liver Cancer', she has ' liver metastasizes of unknown primary'. He explained that her treatment depends on her

'primary' cancer. He said that depending on her ' primary' , she can have different results. He explained that if her 'primary' is her colon, she has ' colon cancer with metastasizes to the liver'. And these metastasizes have the same attributes and the same vulnerabilities of the primary.She has decided to try 'chemo', knowing that if she decides it is not for her, she can just quit. He told her that the drugs she will be on,(Xeloda oral and Gem***something IV), should not make her severely nauseated , and if she decides to go the course, they will give her another CT to see if her 'lesions' have shrunk after about 12 weeks.This will not be a 'cure', it's an 'option'.....I would like to hear from others that have gone through chemo of this kind, so I know what to expect. (BTW, Mom is 79)cure cystic fibrosis

Got a little couch potato?

Check out fun summer activities for kids.