RemedySpot.com

Re: Mad as heck with school

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Holli-Are you still going to the school board next week? I don't even know what to say!! This is CRAZY!!! Are you going to send him to deveraux? Don't let them get there way? I know the Vine School is for younger kids ,but I know they would like to expand. Have you talked to them? Bohac ,Tx.Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: "holli_gregory" Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:36:12 -0000To: <Texas-Autism-Advocacy >Subject: Mad as heck with school Got a phone call from a teacher who was working with my son this year. She has resigned due to medical reasons. She informed me before my son's last ARD which was right before Thanksgiving, the ARD team held a meeting which the special ed person told them exactly what to say. She then told me they were placing him in classrooms they knew he would fail at because they wanted to force me to take him out of school voluntarily so they wouldn't have to pay anything. They said they want him to go to Deveareax, which is a school for more emotionally disturbed kids not kids with autism. The teacher said she was willing to go on record and testify to all this information. I am irate that a school district would knowingly and menacingly do this to a child. I guess I am going to have to hire a lawyer because I will not let my child fail.

Holli-Did you just find all of this out? I am just so furious for you!!! I can't stop pacing !!! What are your plans?Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: jamiebohac@...Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:43:15 +0000To: <Texas-Autism-Advocacy >Subject: Re: Mad as heck with school Holli-Are you still going to the school board next week? I don't even know what to say!! This is CRAZY!!! Are you going to send him to deveraux? Don't let them get there way? I know the Vine School is for younger kids ,but I know they would like to expand. Have you talked to them? Bohac ,Tx.Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: "holli_gregory" Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:36:12 -0000To: <Texas-Autism-Advocacy >Subject: Mad as heck with school Got a phone call from a teacher who was working with my son this year. She has resigned due to medical reasons. She informed me before my son's last ARD which was right before Thanksgiving, the ARD team held a meeting which the special ed person told them exactly what to say. She then told me they were placing him in classrooms they knew he would fail at because they wanted to force me to take him out of school voluntarily so they wouldn't have to pay anything. They said they want him to go to Deveareax, which is a school for more emotionally disturbed kids not kids with autism. The teacher said she was willing to go on record and testify to all this information. I am irate that a school district would knowingly and menacingly do this to a child. I guess I am going to have to hire a lawyer because I will not let my child fail.

I would get that teacher to put that in writing and I would send that immediately to the Senate Education Committee, especially Senator Shapiro and Senator Dan .

We know schools are trying to silently cleanse the children (a phrase borrowed from a much wiser person than me) from the districts all around the state, but this is solid evidence from someone on the inside. I would go public with this (hopefully the teacher would be willing to do this) and get this on the air. Here is clear and blatant evidence of this. This is exactly what the districts want us to do -- withdraw our kids and not fight back -- because it is a win-win for them.

It makes me sick.

Hilda

Got a phone call from a teacher who was working with my son this year. She has resigned due to medical reasons. She informed me before my son's last ARD which was right before Thanksgiving, the ARD team held a meeting which the special ed person told them exactly what to say. She then told me they were placing him in classrooms they knew he would fail at because they wanted to force me to take him out of school voluntarily so they wouldn't have to pay anything. They said they want him to go to Deveareax, which is a school for more emotionally disturbed kids not kids with autism. The teacher said she was willing to go on record and testify to all this information. I am irate that a school district would knowingly and menacingly do this to a child. I guess I am going to have to hire a lawyer because I will not let my child fail. Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Yes, still going to school board- don't know how much good it will

do. There is no way my son is going to Deveraux- he doesn't belong

there. I will try to get in touch with the Vine School. Thanks for

the suggestions. I am contacting other parents right now for guidance.

>

> Holli-

> Are you still going to the school board next week? I don't even

know what to say!! This is CRAZY!!! Are you going to send him to

deveraux? Don't let them get there way? I know the Vine School is

for younger kids ,but I know they would like to expand. Have you

talked to them?

>

> Bohac

> ,Tx.

> Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

>

> Mad as heck with school

>

>

> Got a phone call from a teacher who was working with my son this

year.

> She has resigned due to medical reasons. She informed me before my

> son's last ARD which was right before Thanksgiving, the ARD team

held a

> meeting which the special ed person told them exactly what to say.

She

> then told me they were placing him in classrooms they knew he would

> fail at because they wanted to force me to take him out of school

> voluntarily so they wouldn't have to pay anything. They said they

want

> him to go to Deveareax, which is a school for more emotionally

> disturbed kids not kids with autism. The teacher said she was

willing

> to go on record and testify to all this information. I am irate

that a

> school district would knowingly and menacingly do this to a child.

I

> guess I am going to have to hire a lawyer because I will not let my

> child fail.

>

Yes, I just found this out. I am talking to some other parents right

now looking for advice and waiting for a return call from the head of

special ed.

>

> Holli-

> Did you just find all of this out? I am just so furious for

you!!! I can't stop pacing !!! What are your plans?

>

> Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

>

> Mad as heck with school

>

>

> Got a phone call from a teacher who was working with my son this

year.

> She has resigned due to medical reasons. She informed me before my

> son's last ARD which was right before Thanksgiving, the ARD team

held a

> meeting which the special ed person told them exactly what to say.

She

> then told me they were placing him in classrooms they knew he would

> fail at because they wanted to force me to take him out of school

> voluntarily so they wouldn't have to pay anything. They said they

want

> him to go to Deveareax, which is a school for more emotionally

> disturbed kids not kids with autism. The teacher said she was

willing

> to go on record and testify to all this information. I am irate

that a

> school district would knowingly and menacingly do this to a child.

I

> guess I am going to have to hire a lawyer because I will not let my

> child fail.

>

You can call Swink at TEA, he works in the Texas Compliant Resolution dept. his number is . He has a sister with special needs and fell into this line of work because of her personal struggle in school. Tell him you want to open an investigation on how the school district has violated IDEA and that your son is being denied FAPE. He will be able to walk you through the process of filing your formal compliant. His email address is keith.swink@...

God Bless, and I hope and pray for a quick resolution.

CReeceMake your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.