RemedySpot.com

Re: Digest 1C Re: THE RIGHT TO HEALTHY INDOOR AIR

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Okay. On the matter of perspective:

Tony thinks the temp has to drop below a certain point before winter occurs.

I think the entire world experiences winter when I do here in my office.

Ian thinks that the world is justifiably wary of policies coming out of the US because I did not qualify my statement to offices in the Northern hemisphere.

And together...we make progress while viewing the others' perspectives.

Something tells me 2009 is going to be a fun year on this chatboard.

Sharon

Not winter here and it is 30 Dec 2008 at 9:35am the temperature is 21degC/70degF and by lunchtime will be 28degC/83degF and it is indeed SUMMER - While those in the other hemisphere may misguidedly think that where they are represents the whole world, that wrong and arrogant thinking is the reason that most of world are so justifiably wary of the policies of the United States.>> Tony,> > In response to the picture of a chilly winter day as seen out the window of > my office, you wrote, "That ain't winter." It is indeed winter. The facts > show that I took that picture and posted it on December 28, 2008. That is a > date known worldwide to occur in the season of winter.> > What a great metaphor this makes. What I see and what shapes my view when I > share what the world looks like from my office is not the same thing you see > and shapes your view based on what the world looks like from your office. > > It proves the point: Life is simply a matter of perspective. Scientifically > speaking, the view from your office will never look the same as the view > from mine. That is an undisputable fact (supported by much evidence over these > past two years!)> > Looking forward in 2009, to trying to decifer why you think what you think > based on your views and perspectives as I show why I think what I think based > on what is seen from mine.> > Happy New Year To All,> Sharon> > > > > > > > Vince:> > 1. You Said:> > Uh, no, the main thrust of "Brazil" was that everything was completely> and incompetently controlled by the government, and that any private> initiative to better it was labeled as "terrorism";> > Response:> > Good man. I call Brazil a cross between Orwell's 1984 and Monty> Python's the Meaning of Life (I have several version here).> > Sharon:> > 2. You said:> > a. "Based on what scientific studies are you concluding that > "Adding oxygen to the mix does nothing to limit or reduce the inhalation of > the other crap."? > > Doesn't adding oxygen change the mix of what people are breathing and > thereby reduce the relevant dose of the other "crap"? > > b. (Not sure "relevant dose" is the correct term, but I think you know> what I mean) Why else would they use increased oxygen in hospitals?"> > Response:> > a. There is some data on respiration rate changes based on O2 levels (J> Physiol and some older Military data on humans and animals), but I think> 's point is that unless you remove the other offending agents> (particles, vapors, gases) adding O2 is not going to do much. It's like> adding vitamin C to a fat-filled diet.> > An example would Carbon monoxide that forms carboxyhemoglobin (COhb) at 400> times greater affinity than O2 binding. So increasing O2 relatively> slightly compared to CO does not move the transfer of O2 much.> > Another might be heavy metals in ultrafines whereby the increase in O2 made> increase circulation and thus increase distribution of these particles.> > b. O2 is used in hospitals because patients at higher concentrations> there is a diffusion gradient that increases O2 dissolution into the blood,> thus greater O2 available at the same cardiopulmonary rate.> > This also relates to what barb said: "Given under increased barometric> pressure is also designed to deal with specific problems like wound healing,> infections" where they use Delta P (pressure) to drive the diffusion instead> of increased Conc.> > One of the general things that occurs with excess O2 is oxidation> (corrosion, free radical production, etc.) that is not necessarily good.> > And finally, let's presume an asthmatic gets more O2 which is good during> inflammatory reactions because ones needs a certain amount to survive and> function; but radioactive deposition of particles in lungs was found to be> no different for non-asthmatics v asthmatics in actual radio-labeled> studies, so they are still depositing the same particles.> > 3. You said:> > Winter days like today are among my very favorite> > Response:> > That ain't winter.> > Tony> > ......................................................................> "Tony" Havics, CHMM, CIH, PE> pH2, LLC> 5250 E US 36, Suite 830> Avon, IN 46123> www.ph2llc.com> > off> fax> cell> > 90% of Risk Management is knowing where to place the decimal point...any> consultant can give you the other 10%(SM)> > This message is from pH2. This message and any attachments may contain> legally privileged or confidential information, and are intended only for> the individual or entity identified above as the addressee. If you are not> the addressee, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, you> are not authorized to read, copy, or distribute this message and any> attachments, and we ask that you please delete this message and attachments> (including all copies) and notify the sender by return e-mail or by phone at> . Delivery of this message and any attachments to any person> other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive> confidentiality or a privilege. All personal messages express views only of> the sender, which are not to be attributed to pH2 and may not be copied or> distributed without this statement.> > > > > **************Don't be the last to know - click here for the latest news that > will have people talking. (http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000021)>

Messages in this topic (5) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

MARKETPLACE

From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Yahoo! Health

Asthma Triggers

How you can

identify them.

New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Group Charity

GiveWell.net

Identifying the

best non-profits

Sharon Noonan KramerDon't be the last to know - click here for the latest news that will have people talking.