muscles of the GI tract. I've never seen any specific research on

this, but her explanation made sense. Basically, it helps the body

relearn the proper peristaltic action.

Once you have the right mag dosage for daily BMs -- then add the

calcium -- watch for behavior changes due to calcium -- and for BM

change.

http://www.uswellnessmeats.com/Calcium_Myth_and_Facts.pdf

Basically --don't stress too much about calcium for bones -- just

eliminate dairy and make sure you serve broccoli and carrots!

> >

> > Hey all,

> >

> > I wanted to ask - I know it's been discussed before, but it

would

> help me if people could report again their child's magnesium

dose? We

> are switching from MOM to liquid cal/mag. We've used cal/mag in

the

> past for his muscles, so that works well for us.

> >

> > My guy is about 70 pounds. Per his G.I., he was on 10cc (2

tea) of

> Milk of Magnesia a day. The liquid cal/mag is about 350mg/15cc,

so I

> think that would be about 13-14cc a day for him to compare to

the milk

> of magnesia?

> >

> >

> > sharry, aidan's mom

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> -------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------

>

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release

Date: 1/2/2008 11:29 AM

>

Sharry, you said your child had severe muscle spasms and tremors, is he on Miralax?Chad & Sharry Grasmick wrote: First - let me say I'm sorry for not changing the subject tag. Oh the wonders of stress on the brain.... Second - Thanks ! Your calculations agree! THat makes me

so happy. You are correct - we are not going to be doing MOM and cal/mag, but replacing MOM with high quality liquid cal/mag. I found a reference that said 163 per tea.(5ml or cc) of elemental mag in MOM. But then I lost the link! ARGH. But that would agree PERFECTLY with 500 per tablespoon (15 cc or ml). So far so good for us with liquid cal/mag. As I said - the magnesium has the added benefit of being good for muscle spasms and tremors, so this is wonderful for us (our son has a severe muscle spasm disorder). Thanks for the help - I'm enjoying reading this list a

lot. Lots of great parents with lots of dedication and thoughtful ideas. sharry, aidan's mom Re: listening to your pediatrician vs. gastro Hi Sharry,Just a note about calculating magnesium dose to remind everyone thatit is necessary to look at the amount of "elemental magnesium" whencross-comparing between different products. See message #3805 in thearchives for more on "elemental" magnesium and a link to an articleabout this.For my son, he was taking about 400mg of elemental magnesium whichwas about 12 mLs of liquid Cherry MOM. I believe cc is equivalent tomL so if your child is taking 10mLs of liquid MOM I believe isusually at a concentration of 500 mg elemental mag per tablespoon(check the label of your bottle to confirm).

This would mean yourchild is getting 2/3 of 500 mg or ~333mg of elemental magnesium. So, now that I've worked through all that I see that it looks likethat would agree with your calculation of about 13-14 cc of the newliquid!! (assuming the 350mg/ml refers to the elemental mag)...Also, here's a link I found useful for converting between cc's, mLs,teaspoons, tablespoons, etc. http://prescription.lifetips.com/tip/61519/basic-calculations/liquids/cc-s-ml-s-teaspoonfuls-and-tablespoonfuls.htmlbest, >> Hey all,> > I wanted to ask - I know it's been discussed before, but it

wouldhelp me if people could report again their child's magnesium dose? Weare switching from MOM to liquid cal/mag. We've used cal/mag in thepast for his muscles, so that works well for us.> > My guy is about 70 pounds. Per his G.I., he was on 10cc (2 tea) ofMilk of Magnesia a day. The liquid cal/mag is about 350mg/15cc, so Ithink that would be about 13-14cc a day for him to compare to the milkof magnesia? > > > sharry, aidan's mom> No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release Date: 1/2/2008 11:29 AM