RemedySpot.com

Re: Sedative medication - dog website

Rate this topic

Guest guest

opps sorry wrong web address

http://autism.wilderwood.org/---

Subject: Re: Sedative medicationTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 11:25 AM

Sedative medication would be great but for a long term answer I would really recomend getting an autism dog. They can help calm the child and down and help him from not hurting himself or others. Most of the time they will lay all 100 pounds on top of them and lick their face and do something to distract them from their anger.

Check out wildernessdogs. com

From: stacie <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>Subject: Sedative medicationTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 9:49 AM

A while ago, someone posted about a sedative med for emergency use and I don't remember what it is called! Jim and I have had to restrain for over an hour and I have a call into his Dr right now! He threw his head back into my shoulder and boy does it hurt! I am just so tired of all of this! I am emotionally and physically drained! I need some help everyone and I just don't know what to do! I pray and pray! I am so tired! Once is calm I think I am going to go to the gym and work out and get some aggression out!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

Thanks! I just looked at this! Then Jim came in and I told him that people were saying he would be a good candidate and even said the nurse and I talked about it and he said we will talk about it but I am going to say NO! We don't need anything else to deal with and all! He said their has to be something else and I don't believe this is the only and best thing and there has to be some kind of med and then I got mad and told him I did not appreciate him raising his voce at me when talking to me and getting all mad and sayinh no just like that and talking about meds cuz that is a short term thing but he does not see this! I said as he was leaving just now I don't appreciate you talking to me like that and he said and I don't appreciate you giving me more to have to think about and worry about!! UGH!!!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:12:11 -0800 (PST)To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: Sedative medication - dog website opps sorry wrong web addresshttp://autism.wilderwood.org/From: stacie <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>Subject: Sedative medicationTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 9:49 AMA while ago, someone posted about a sedative med for emergency use and I don't remember what it is called! Jim and I have had to restrain for over an hour and I have a call into his Dr right now! He threw his head back into my shoulder and boy does it hurt! I am just so tired of all of this! I am emotionally and physically drained! I need some help everyone and I just don't know what to do! I pray and pray! I am so tired! Once is calm I think I am going to go to the gym and work out and get some aggression out!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

At least he is agreeing to talk about it : )

It bothers me that your husband is so against it.... Would he be against a seeing eye dog if your son was blind?

I think that is really how you have to look at it.

What happens when gets bigger or stronger and you are alone with him. If his agression gets worse it could put you in a hospital or put him in jail, if it happens at school or in public. The dog helps prevent this.

My husband agreed to getting a dog because he was throwing his brother against the wall at age 4, and he did not want to wait to see what would do to me when he got older. My husband felt that if there was something to help stop it now it he would be preventing later abuse. If he did nothing and there was something that would of helped. My husband would of felt like he was the one abusing me when my son was because he had enabled it.

From: stacie <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>Subject: Sedative medicationTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 9:49 AM

A while ago, someone posted about a sedative med for emergency use and I don't remember what it is called! Jim and I have had to restrain for over an hour and I have a call into his Dr right now! He threw his head back into my shoulder and boy does it hurt! I am just so tired of all of this! I am emotionally and physically drained! I need some help everyone and I just don't know what to do! I pray and pray! I am so tired! Once is calm I think I am going to go to the gym and work out and get some aggression out!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

Ya I know! Since he said we would talk about it, he has not mentioned it at all! He is so anti dog and even for and to help all of us I don't think he buys that completely! I talked to s nurse about it and they have a dog for their son! I told her that when we went in for his appt on the 12th maybe the dr could mention it being a good idea for him and that might help coming from her! Another thing thing is we live in IL and here we are the bottom as far as states go for special needs, especially Autism and help! And the nurse did tell me that a lot of times they have a dog that is a therapy dog, seeing eye dog etc and then they teain them a little further and say here you go here is yourAutism dog so she said you have to be careful! And of course the expense! I wonder when I do get the PUNS and the money they will give you every 5 years for adaptive things you might need I wonder if they will give you the money for this? Which kind of dog do they use for this?StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:45:39 -0800 (PST)To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: Sedative medication - dog website At least he is agreeing to talk about it : ) It bothers me that your husband is so against it.... Would he be against a seeing eye dog if your son was blind? I think that is really how you have to look at it. What happens when gets bigger or stronger and you are alone with him. If his agression gets worse it could put you in a hospital or put him in jail, if it happens at school or in public. The dog helps prevent this. My husband agreed to getting a dog because he was throwing his brother against the wall at age 4, and he did not want to wait to see what would do to me when he got older. My husband felt that if there was something to help stop it now it he would be preventing later abuse. If he did nothing and there was something that would of helped. My husband would of felt like he was the one abusing me when my son was because he had enabled it.From: stacie <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>Subject: Sedative medicationTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 9:49 AMA while ago, someone posted about a sedative med for emergency use and I don't remember what it is called! Jim and I have had to restrain for over an hour and I have a call into his Dr right now! He threw his head back into my shoulder and boy does it hurt! I am just so tired of all of this! I am emotionally and physically drained! I need some help everyone and I just don't know what to do! I pray and pray! I am so tired! Once is calm I think I am going to go to the gym and work out and get some aggression out!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

I know it is pretty easy to raise the funds to pay for the dog through fund. raising. Wilderwood is really good at helping you find fundraising. We decided to just pay out of pocket. A service dog is tax deductable, or we are using my husband's flex spending account at work. Since we know when the payments will be, we put aside that much money in his flex spending. Also all future vet visits, dog food dog supplies etc is also covered under the flex spending account. You don't seem to miss it as much when they take a certain amount out of every paycheck. Then to write a huge check.

Many vets will see a service dog for free or at a reduced rate. You can also try to make more money then needed at the fundraisers to pay for future dog food, vet bills etc.

Holly if I can chime in please...do you mind telling me how much out of pocket? I think we might be able to use one in the near future...we'll see.

e

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Friday, November 28, 2008 9:05:25 AMSubject: Re: Sedative medication - dog website

I know it is pretty easy to raise the funds to pay for the dog through fund. raising. Wilderwood is really good at helping you find fundraising. We decided to just pay out of pocket. A service dog is tax deductable, or we are using my husband's flex spending account at work. Since we know when the payments will be, we put aside that much money in his flex spending. Also all future vet visits, dog food dog supplies etc is also covered under the flex spending account. You don't seem to miss it as much when they take a certain amount out of every paycheck. Then to write a huge check.

Many vets will see a service dog for free or at a reduced rate. You can also try to make more money then needed at the fundraisers to pay for future dog food, vet bills etc.

$6'000. Plus you had a $100.00 application fee. $500.00 graduation fee. Travel to graduation and you have to stay for a 1 week or so to train your child with the dog.

We have not yet completed the whole process though we are waiting for our dog to get trained : )

Payment is done over the 18months of training the dog. It is by far the cheapest service dog center and also in my opinion on of the best. Wilderwood does fundraising on their end to pay half of the cost of the dog. Regular price is $12'000. Many service dogs from other websites are over $20'000. and have longer waiting lists.

They said most people can make the money in 1 big fundraiser or 2 smaller ones. People love the idea of a service dog. Many places will donate gift certificates, food, location,etc that you can auction off and have a spaghetti dinner etc. Pet stores, vets, etc are great people to hit up.

With some rearranging our budget and keeping our old van instead of a new one we have been able to just have $118.00 taken out of my husbands paycheck for the next 2 years for Flex spending. That way he doesn't have to pay any taxes on that money including social security, medicaid etc.

We currently have a lab mix that is NOT an autism trained but is very loving and nice. All 100 pounds sleeps on at night and has kept him from wandering. If he does get up in the night he barked to let us know. But the dog can not help when he gets to be agressive and likes to jump and beg at the table : ) So we will be happy to get a trained dog!

We also have a problem with some small bulling at school. Nothing huge that the aids can't stop but I figure a 100 pound dog next to him should stop it immediatly : )

can not run but he wanders and we have lost him more times then I can count if he is not attached to me. This was one of the main reasons why we decided to get one also. I am scared to death that he will wander off at school or during a field trip. I come to all field trips and am always there before school gets out etc. But we are expecting our 4th and will have 4 under 6 and under so it becomes really complicated to have to be there for every activity and every field trip.

Holly...this is great information...you will help many with your knowledge regarding this...My MD has a very low functioning Autistic daughter, who also has seizures...the girl is 6 now and until they recently got her an Autism trained dog...not one of them has had a full night's sleep in 6 years...they can finally trust her to this precious dog who adores her.....what a relief it has been to them, and I can tell will be to you!!!!! This is great...Thanks!

e

A while ago, someone posted about a sedative med for emergency use and I don't remember what it is called! Jim and I have had to restrain for over an hour and I have a call into his Dr right now! He threw his head back into my shoulder and boy does it hurt! I am just so tired of all of this! I am emotionally and physically drained! I need some help everyone and I just don't know what to do! I pray and pray! I am so tired! Once is calm I think I am going to go to the gym and work out and get some aggression out!StacieSent via BlackBerry by

AT & T

I went to Wildernessdogs.com and it is a website on dog and cat food. I would love to check it out.

Stacie

A while ago, someone posted about a sedative med for emergency use and I don't remember what it is called! Jim and I have had to restrain for over an hour and I have a call into his Dr right now! He threw his head back into my shoulder and boy does it hurt! I am just so tired of all of this! I am emotionally and physically drained! I need some help everyone and I just don't know what to do! I pray and pray! I am so tired! Once is calm I think I am going to go to the gym and work out and get some aggression out!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

Try the link http://autism.wilderwood.org

hope this helps! I'm very interested to know more about this

Belle

I went to Wildernessdogs.com and it is a website on dog and cat food. I would love to check it out.

Stacie

A while ago, someone posted about a sedative med for emergency use and I don't remember what it is called! Jim and I have had to restrain for over an hour and I have a call into his Dr right now! He threw his head back into my shoulder and boy does it hurt! I am just so tired of all of this! I am emotionally and physically drained! I need some help everyone and I just don't know what to do! I pray and pray! I am so tired! Once is calm I think I am going to go to the gym and work out and get some aggression out!

StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.