RemedySpot.com

Re: OT -- diaper rash

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi e,

I would try plain old petroleum jelly (vaseline). There won't be any reaction to it, and he can get some relief right away.

Sara

OT -- diaper rash

Ok, this is really off topic. has a stomach virus...needless to say his little bottom is raw...I put aquaphor (sp)...it's sort of a petroleum product...no dyes, no perfumes, etc...IT burned his bottom so bad he started rolling on the floor poor baby........the doctor has ordered us a compound...it won't be ready for at least 24 hours....arggggg! Anyhow...I'm just wondering if you all have ever used anything else that is gentle and did the trick for yours.....I think Maalox is one of the ingredients in this compound...any ideas?

OK, thanks...

e

Hi, Sara...isn't it the same as Aquafor? Probably not, as I just remembered reading that Aqua...has glycerin in it...OK, petroleum it is. :) Thanks.

I have it and will try when he wakes up...right now I know he must still be dry as he would be screaming...poor little man.

J

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:06:24 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

Hi e,

I would try plain old petroleum jelly (vaseline). There won't be any reaction to it, and he can get some relief right away.

Sara

OT -- diaper rash

Ok, this is really off topic. has a stomach virus...needless to say his little bottom is raw...I put aquaphor (sp)...it's sort of a petroleum product...no dyes, no perfumes, etc...IT burned his bottom so bad he started rolling on the floor poor baby........ the doctor has ordered us a compound...it won't be ready for at least 24 hours....arggggg! Anyhow...I'm just wondering if you all have ever used anything else that is gentle and did the trick for yours.....I think Maalox is one of the ingredients in this compound...any ideas?

OK, thanks...

e

Have you ever tried lanolin? It is gentle and it heals a diaper rash up really quickly- you can find it in the baby aisle in the breastfeeding section. It's expensive but well worth it! To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 12:09:37

PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

Hi, Sara...isn't it the same as Aquafor?  Probably not, as I just remembered reading that Aqua...has glycerin in it...OK, petroleum it is.  :)  Thanks.

I have it and will try when he wakes up...right now I know he must still be dry as he would be screaming... poor little man. 

J

From: Sara <sarapoli@mindspring .com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:06:24 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

Hi e,

I would try plain old petroleum jelly (vaseline).  There won't be any reaction to it, and he can get some relief right away.

Sara

OT -- diaper rash

Ok, this is really off topic.  has a stomach virus...needless to say his little bottom is raw...I put aquaphor (sp)...it's sort of a petroleum product...no dyes, no perfumes, etc...IT burned his bottom so bad he started rolling on the floor poor baby........ the doctor has ordered us a compound...it won't be ready for at least 24 hours....arggggg!  Anyhow...I'm just wondering if you all have ever used anything else that is gentle and did the trick for yours.....I think Maalox is one of the ingredients in this compound...any ideas?

OK, thanks...

e

I use grees goo I one of my kids and the other I use calmoseptine and it works great I like this one much better.

Twilla

Subject: Re: OT -- diaper rashTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 3:19 PM

Have you ever tried lanolin? It is gentle and it heals a diaper rash up really quickly- you can find it in the baby aisle in the breastfeeding section. It's expensive but well worth it!

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 12:09:37 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

Hi, Sara...isn't it the same as Aquafor? Probably not, as I just remembered reading that Aqua...has glycerin in it...OK, petroleum it is. :) Thanks.

I have it and will try when he wakes up...right now I know he must still be dry as he would be screaming... poor little man.

J

From: Sara <sarapoli@mindspring .com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:06:24 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

Hi e,

Sara

OT -- diaper rash

Ok, this is really off topic. has a stomach virus...needless to say his little bottom is raw...I put aquaphor (sp)...it's sort of a petroleum product...no dyes, no perfumes, etc...IT burned his bottom so bad he started rolling on the floor poor baby........ the doctor has ordered us a compound...it won't be ready for at least 24 hours....arggggg! Anyhow...I'm just wondering if you all have ever used anything else that is gentle and did the trick for yours.....I think Maalox is one of the ingredients in this compound...any ideas?

OK, thanks...

e

Hi e,

The only stuff that helped was the Eucerine cream. Its not a diaper rash cream but it is very thick and it really helped him heal fast. his was usually a dry rash so it was great. The cream that comes in the tub not in a pump. Kellie

From: Maranto <carriemaranto@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: OT -- diaper rashTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 3:19 PM

Have you ever tried lanolin? It is gentle and it heals a diaper rash up really quickly- you can find it in the baby aisle in the breastfeeding section. It's expensive but well worth it!

From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, December 1, 2008 12:09:37 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

J

Hi e,

Sara

OT -- diaper rash

OK, thanks...

e

Yippeeee...of course. How come I never remember these things...I used it after I had each of my kiddos...but have never used it for a diaper rash... just woke from his nap...had a horrible diaper...I put him in a bath and was ready to put plain petroleum on him...My friend just today bought the baby scented one...and I didn't dare......so I'm off to the pharmacy...going to pick it up quickly....

Thanks

e

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:19:37 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, December 1, 2008 12:09:37 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

J

Hi e,

Sara

OT -- diaper rash

OK, thanks...

e

Thank you to all you mom's for obliging my OT. lol....and helping find a way to help my babies bottom.....I've only been doing this for 5 1/2 yrs... lol.

I used the Lanolin....I got pure Vaseline as well---neither has fragrance....used L first, and it works like a charm.

Many thanks...

e and baby.

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:19:37 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

J

Hi e,

Sara

OT -- diaper rash

OK, thanks...

e

baby's bottom...I can't do anything without proofreading lol

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 3:48:01 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

Thank you to all you mom's for obliging my OT. lol....and helping find a way to help my babies bottom.....I' ve only been doing this for 5 1/2 yrs... lol.

I used the Lanolin....I got pure Vaseline as well---neither has fragrance... .used L first, and it works like a charm.

Many thanks...

e and baby.

From: Maranto <carriemaranto@ yahoo.com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:19:37 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

J

Hi e,

Sara

OT -- diaper rash

OK, thanks...

e

e,

You may want to try Doc s...it really works well. It is behing the counter, but not a prescription, at Walgreens...

Hope it works.

Subject: Re: OT -- diaper rashTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 3:50 PM

From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, December 1, 2008 3:48:01 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

Thank you to all you mom's for obliging my OT. lol....and helping find a way to help my babies bottom.....I' ve only been doing this for 5 1/2 yrs... lol.

I used the Lanolin....I got pure Vaseline as well---neither has fragrance... .used L first, and it works like a charm.

Many thanks...

e and baby.

From: Maranto <carriemaranto@ yahoo.com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:19:37 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

J

Hi e,

Sara

OT -- diaper rash

OK, thanks...

e

Brown rice flour in the diaper.

Sounds odd but works.

From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: OT -- diaper rashTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 3:50 PM

From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, December 1, 2008 3:48:01 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

Many thanks...

e and baby.

J

Hi e,

Sara

OT -- diaper rash

OK, thanks...

e

Betadine. Expensive but totally worth it. Use it before using and cream.

It's ME!

Terri

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 4:57:52 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

e,

You may want to try Doc s...it really works well. It is behing the counter, but not a prescription, at Walgreens...

Hope it works.

From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: OT -- diaper rashTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 3:50 PM

Many thanks...

e and baby.

J

Hi e,

Sara

OT -- diaper rash

OK, thanks...

e

try " BALMEX " use generously, it's great.

Use it always, less generously even after the rash

clears up, so as to prevent any problems ever......

>

> From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com>

> Subject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

> To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com

> Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 3:50 PM

>

>

> baby's bottom...I can't do anything without proofreading lol

>

>  

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 3:48:01 PM

>

>

> Thank you to all you mom's for obliging my OT.  lol....and helping

find a way to help my babies bottom.....I' ve only been doing this

for 5 1/2 yrs...  lol.

>

> I used the Lanolin....I got pure Vaseline as well---neither has

fragrance... .used L first, and it works like a charm.

>

> Many thanks...

>

> e and baby.

>

>

>

>

> From: Maranto <carriemaranto@ yahoo.com>

> Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:19:37 PM

>

>

> Have you ever tried lanolin? It is gentle and it heals a diaper

rash up really quickly- you can find it in the baby aisle in the

breastfeeding section. It's expensive but well worth it! 

>

>

>

> Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 12:09:37 PM

>

>

> Hi, Sara...isn't it the same as Aquafor?  Probably not, as I just

remembered reading that Aqua...has glycerin in it...OK, petroleum it

is.  :)  Thanks.

>

> I have it and will try when he wakes up...right now I know he must

still be dry as he would be screaming... poor little man. 

>

> J

>

>

>

>

> From: Sara <sarapoli@mindspring .com>

> Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:06:24 PM

>

>

> Hi e,

> I would try plain old petroleum jelly (vaseline).  There won't be

any reaction to it, and he can get some relief right away.

>  

> Sara

> OT -- diaper rash

>

> Ok, this is really off topic.  has a stomach virus...needless

to say his little bottom is raw...I put aquaphor (sp)...it's sort of

a petroleum product...no dyes, no perfumes, etc...IT burned his

bottom so bad he started rolling on the floor poor baby........ the

doctor has ordered us a compound...it won't be ready for at least 24

hours....arggggg!  Anyhow...I'm just wondering if you all have ever

used anything else that is gentle and did the trick for yours.....I

think Maalox is one of the ingredients in this compound...any ideas?

>

> OK, thanks...

>

> e

>

Hi, ladies...thank you so much for reaching out to my OT post :) lol..........we've all been there. The only thing over the counter that worked for us, and I about tried everything. Is the Lanolin..........he's done great with that. He still has diarrhea...they want the virus to run it's course, as he is not dehydrated (he's drinking)...he's so sick of rice :) I have the only kid in the free world that won't eat a banana.

Anyhow...his poor bottom is still so red and patchy..........Our doctor called in a compound yesterday...it was ready today (it has Maalox in it)...anyhow it seems to be soothing as well. I'm a little concerned we have some yeast going on..........so we have added some pro-biotic stuff. as well as will add some yeast cream tomorrow when/if he is less raw...................................

OK, we'll make it...could be worse...

j

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Tuesday, December 2, 2008 9:04:08 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

try "BALMEX" use generously, it's great.Use it always, less generously even after the rashclears up, so as to prevent any problems ever......> > From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com>> Subject: Re: OT -- diaper rash> To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com> Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 3:50 PM> > > baby's bottom...I can't do anything without proofreading lol> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com>> To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 3:48:01 PM> Subject: Re: OT -- diaper

rash> > > Thank you to all you mom's for obliging my OT. lol....and helping find a way to help my babies bottom.....I' ve only been doing this for 5 1/2 yrs... lol.> > I used the Lanolin....I got pure Vaseline as well---neither has fragrance... .used L first, and it works like a charm.> > Many thanks...> > e and baby.> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: Maranto <carriemaranto@ yahoo.com>> To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:19:37 PM> Subject: Re: OT -- diaper rash> > > Have you ever tried lanolin? It is gentle and it heals a diaper rash up really quickly- you can find it in the baby aisle in the breastfeeding section. It's expensive but

well worth it! > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com>> To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 12:09:37 PM> Subject: Re: OT -- diaper rash> > > Hi, Sara...isn't it the same as Aquafor? Probably not, as I just remembered reading that Aqua...has glycerin in it...OK, petroleum it is. :) Thanks.> > I have it and will try when he wakes up...right now I know he must still be dry as he would be screaming... poor little man. > > J> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: Sara <sarapoli@mindsprin g .com>> To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:06:24 PM> Subject: Re: OT -- diaper

rash> > > Hi e,> I would try plain old petroleum jelly (vaseline). There won't be any reaction to it, and he can get some relief right away.> > Sara> OT -- diaper rash> > Ok, this is really off topic. has a stomach virus...needless to say his little bottom is raw...I put aquaphor (sp)...it's sort of a petroleum product...no dyes, no perfumes, etc...IT burned his bottom so bad he started rolling on the floor poor baby........ the doctor has ordered us a compound...it won't be ready for at least 24 hours....arggggg! Anyhow...I'm just wondering if you all have ever used anything else that is gentle and did the trick for yours.....I think

Maalox is one of the ingredients in this compound...any ideas?> > OK, thanks...> > e>

my doctor had this concoction that was SUPER cheap and worked miracles. Its 1/2 desitin (or any other version of desitin) and 1/2 the paste that is used for feeding tubes. I wish I could remember the name of the paste but you can buy it over the counter at any pharmacy. I used to squeeze it into a heavy duty ziploc and knead it together like bread dough. That stuff is completely impenetrable. My kids used to get horrible yeast infections and they stopped when I used this stuff. It will not completely come off after each diaper change and according to my doctor this wasn't a big deal. The point was to protect the skin.mayelouise wrote: try "BALMEX" use generously, it's great. Use it always, less generously even after the rash clears up, so as to prevent any problems ever...... > > From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com> > Subject: Re: OT -- diaper rash > To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com > Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 3:50 PM > > > baby's bottom...I can't do anything without proofreading lol > > > > > > ________________________________ > From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com> > To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com > Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 3:48:01 PM > Subject: Re:

OT -- diaper rash > > > Thank you to all you mom's for obliging my OT. lol....and helping find a way to help my babies bottom.....I' ve only been doing this for 5 1/2 yrs... lol. > > I used the Lanolin....I got pure Vaseline as well---neither has fragrance... .used L first, and it works like a charm. > > Many thanks... > > e and baby. > > > > > ________________________________ > From: Maranto <carriemaranto@ yahoo.com> > To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com > Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:19:37 PM > Subject: Re: OT -- diaper rash > > > Have you ever tried lanolin? It is gentle and it heals a diaper rash up really quickly- you can find it in the baby aisle in the breastfeeding section. It's expensive but

well worth it! > > > > ________________________________ > From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com> > To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com > Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 12:09:37 PM > Subject: Re: OT -- diaper rash > > > Hi, Sara...isn't it the same as Aquafor? Probably not, as I just remembered reading that Aqua...has glycerin in it...OK, petroleum it is. :) Thanks. > > I have it and will try when he wakes up...right now I know he must still be dry as he would be screaming... poor little man. > > J > > > > > ________________________________ > From: Sara <sarapoli@mindspring .com> > To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com > Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:06:24 PM > Subject:

Re: OT -- diaper rash > > > Hi e, > I would try plain old petroleum jelly (vaseline). There won't be any reaction to it, and he can get some relief right away. > > Sara > OT -- diaper rash > > Ok, this is really off topic. has a stomach virus...needless to say his little bottom is raw...I put aquaphor (sp)...it's sort of a petroleum product...no dyes, no perfumes, etc...IT burned his bottom so bad he started rolling on the floor poor baby........ the doctor has ordered us a compound...it won't be ready for at least 24 hours....arggggg! Anyhow...I'm just wondering if you all have ever used anything else that is gentle and did the trick

for yours.....I think Maalox is one of the ingredients in this compound...any ideas? > > OK, thanks... > > e > "Everything should be made as simple as possible but not simpler" - Albert Einstein

You know what works really good for ? It is called Butt Paste. It works great.

Stacie

Brown rice flour in the diaper.

Sounds odd but works.

Many thanks...

e and baby.

J

Hi e,

Sara

OT -- diaper rash

OK, thanks...

e

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

We use that sweet lady...it works great for preventative...but during the diarrhea part which is subsiding now!! --- it burned him...

e

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 10:12:37 PMSubject: Re: OT -- diaper rash

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Yahoo! Health

Memory Loss

Are you at risk

for Alzheimers?

Share Photos

Put your favorite