RemedySpot.com

Re: Fw: Licking the walls

Rate this topic

Guest guest

wow- my son , age 3, just started doing that too! he is licking the floor, walls, doors, ect. not all the time but he has been doing it. any advice???

Janice

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 10:07:50 AMSubject: Fw: Licking the walls

Hello Everyone,

My son is 2 1/2 years was recently diagnosed with Autism. He has many sensory issues as well. We have noticed that he is now getting close to the walls and licking them, and this just started happenening. Has anyone else experienced this with there children, And if so, any advice on what to do?

Thank you

Tequisha

Hi tequisha! I know exactly what you mean! licks everything and smells it and I have no idea why!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Tequisha Washington Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 07:07:50 -0800 (PST)To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Fw: Licking the walls Hello Everyone,My son is 2 1/2 years was recently diagnosed with Autism. He has many sensory issues as well. We have noticed that he is now getting close to the walls and licking them, and this just started happenening. Has anyone else experienced this with there children, And if so, any advice on what to do? Thank youTequisha

my son is now 6. he has done some of these things as well. i just try and redirect him when he does the licking, he puts everything in his mouth.

Subject: Re: Fw: Licking the wallsTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 4:12 PM

wow- my son , age 3, just started doing that too! he is licking the floor, walls, doors, ect. not all the time but he has been doing it. any advice???

Janice

From: Tequisha Washington <tequisha_wyahoo (DOT) com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, December 1, 2008 10:07:50 AMSubject: Fw: Licking the walls

Hello Everyone,

My son is 2 1/2 years was recently diagnosed with Autism. He has many sensory issues as well. We have noticed that he is now getting close to the walls and licking them, and this just started happenening. Has anyone else experienced this with there children, And if so, any advice on what to do?

Thank you

Tequisha

ok...so now I don't feel so alone. I just try to put his attention on something else. But this is so new to me, and he gets so involved in it.

Subject: Re: Fw: Licking the wallsTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 11:12 AM

Janice

From: Tequisha Washington <tequisha_wyahoo (DOT) com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, December 1, 2008 10:07:50 AMSubject: Fw: Licking the walls

Hello Everyone,

Thank you

Tequisha

Ok..... there is others. I'm amazed cause I really thought it was just him, and trying to figure out why. So I am going to ask his therapists, and hopefully some advice from the group on what we can do, if anything.

Tequisha

Subject: Re: Fw: Licking the wallsTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 11:22 AM

Hi tequisha! I know exactly what you mean! licks everything and smells it and I have no idea why!Stacie

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

From: Tequisha Washington Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 07:07:50 -0800 (PST)To: <AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com>Subject: Fw: Licking the walls

Hello Everyone,

Thank you

Tequisha

licks the arm on our wooden chair...we redirect as well. He also tries to bite rubber balls (like a basket ball)...we obviously keep those up...goodness knows the chemical in those...

J

From: Janice <ryansmommy926@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: Fw: Licking the wallsTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 11:12 AM

Janice

Hello Everyone,

Thank you

Tequisha

Have you tried a rubber chewy. We took a piece of medical tubing and put a safety pin on it on his shirt and he would chew away. It was a lot better then chewing and putting everything in his mouth.

From: Janice <ryansmommy926@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: Fw: Licking the wallsTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 11:12 AM

Janice

Hello Everyone,

Thank you

Tequisha

Not necessarily walls, but CJ licks anything/everything. If we tell

him to stop, it encourages him to do it more. I think it's just like a

baby -- he's trying to discover through his mouth.