RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: It happened again, is this scripting?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

my son also has been in his own little world.the stories he has come up with.omg. in kindergarden he told every1 that i kid napped him from his real family. when i got to the school they asked me to explain y he would say that. so i asked him infrount of them "marc, who's your real family?" he answered, "you know...the dinosaurs" then in 2nd grade i got a knock on the door from the school social worker and school psycologist. they said that they had to follow up on something that marc told them. they explained that marc had told them that his brother waits till i goto sleep and then beats him with a brick that he keeps under his bed. they told me that they had fully examined marc and found not a scratch. i was dumb founded. i took them upstairs and lifted ian's bed up to show them there was no brick. thank god those ladies didnt just call child

protective services, and took the time to come and see me. heres another good 1. marc was 9 or 10 at the time. he was never 1 to cry.i went upstairs to check on him and hes crying his heart out.he was so upset i could barely understand him.my husband came up to see what was wrong and finnally we got him to tell us. had died. ben and i just kinda looked at eachother then him . he goes "joey and gizmo were in a battle and gizmo killed joey.i had to bury him and have a funeral." sure enough joey was burried, under a bunch of toys on his bed. i about peed my pants joey and gizmo are his 2 lemur bennie babies. i never know what hes gonna say.

Subject: Re: It happened again, is this scripting?To: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 8:40 AM

My son says off the wall things out of the blue also. I think that itmay be scripting or possibly just replaying events and in his mind andsaying them aloud. My son is really into star wars right now andanytime anything new comes into our house he will say who brought thathere? And I will say who it will usually me and then he will go oh itwas teleported it here! It is funny. He lives in such a fantasyworld. The other day outta the blue he was like remember when we tookour kitty to the vet and he got shot in the head. I had to think hardand then I remembered that the cat got a shot the last time we went tothe vet. Also when he is walking by the tv and hears something helikes he will repeat it but usually only one time. This one is funnyand I have to share it. The other nite I was telling my husband astory that I heard on a radio show that I listen to in the car in themorning. My son was in the room

and all of a sudden he busts outsaying the name of the show in the loud obnoxious radio personalityvoice! You probably had to be there but we busted up laughing. > >> > One day my son ran in the room and sat next to me on the couch while> > saying "your going to be a sorry little boy!" My mouth must have> > dropped open...I was like "who said that?" I thought that was a > weird> > statement to come out of his mouth. Not something you'd expect > from a> > 7yr. old. He said that Ms. whoever said it at school. (there's 8> > aides in the class with one head teacher)> > > > So this morning he comes in the room and sits on my lap and says....> > "So are you going to tell your mother?" I looked at him and said> > "what?" and he just had that cute little smile on his face. He> > wouldn't say where he heard that or if someone said that to him> > somewhere. (like school???)> > > > Does anyone else's child say things like this?> > I don't want to

put thoughts in his head but do you think someone is> > talking like this to him for some reason? Does anyone else here > ever> > feel like their child is being treated inappropriately at school? > How> > would we ever know when our kids don't communicate clearly. AND > when> > my son does tell me something the teacher always has a little bit > of a> > different story. It's so frustrating.> > > > > >>