RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:AC Chelation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ALA's main function is to increase production of glutathione, which helps to dissolve toxic substances in the liver and neutralize free radicals in our bodies, and protects our cells from damage.

My son was tested low in metallothionein (MT proteins), which are naturally produced by the body, contains high level of sulfur, and are needed for binding toxic metals to release out of the body. Because ALA promotes glutathione, and glutathione and zinc together promote the production of MT proteins, ALA naturally became our first choice of a chelation agent. We were on AC protocol, using oral ALA/ DMSA at high frequency/ low dose, for about 2 years since May 2006. My son (the king of heavy metals) excreted all kinds of metals in elevated levels reflected on 95% of the UTM and FM tests we did, including Lead and Mercury. Around February/March this year, all metals dropped within the reference range for a few months. Because we barely got to Aluminum, I knew that we were not done with chelation.

We took a chelation break for the entire summer, mostly because my husband and I had not have any uninterrupted sleep during weekends over the past two years due to administrating AC protocol 24-hour around the clock. After the summer, OSR became available. We adopted most of Dr. K's recommendations to revise our chelation protocol. We are now on OSR mixed in Phospholipids Exchange from Monday to Thursday to boost glutathione production (since we no longer use ALA). From Friday to Sunday, we use oral DMSA during daytime once every 4 hours and one single dose of suppository DMPS at night to cover 8 hours. This way allows my husband and I to get some much needed uninterrupted sleep during weekends.

We also use NDF and Modifilan daily to bind with biotoxins for excretion as well as preventing re-absorption of metal toxins. My son's metal excretion has peaked up again lately, and is higher than ever.

From being a faithful AC follower to experimenting a variety of combinations of different chelation protocols and chelators, I am convinced that there is more than one way to skin a cat without making a scene. These steps have helped us with the effectiveness of chelation therapy: maintain the detox pathways, support detox organs, and mop up metal toxins to prevent from re-absorption in the gut. Anti-viral, anti-microbial protocols are also very helpful to ensure the continual release of metals that are otherwise trapped by pathogens. LED helps to stir up metal toxins and biotoxins from deep tissues and speed up chelation results for us.

Limin