RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: any advice.. cps called - Reply to

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I feel that once again, I must comment upon your postings. First, you stated that this board was very negative. The only reason it appears that you have come to that conclusion, is that you were questioned about your actions. This board is a support system to mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and other loved ones who have been blessed by God with an autistic child. We do have struggles but we were the ones favored by God to take care of these children. This board is a place to express our frustrations with teachers, family or friends who don't understand our children like we do. This is not a negative board, but rather one filled with support and understanding.

You have autistic children in your life six hours a day, five days a week. We have our children 24/7 365 days a year. We know more than you will ever begin to imagine.

I find it incredible that you had an Asian child with a birth mark in your class for five months before you noticed the birthmark. It had been there from day one in your class. Had he never bent over before or did you simply not pay attention to him for 5 months? Or rather, did you notice it but decided to punish the parents for something? Were they the family that had an issue with you and their son's penis? Five Months later you saw something...I am SO glad my child does NOT have you for a teacher.

Insofar as your self purported expertise in babysitting...you stated that you ended up with only holes in the drywall. You were PROUD of that?????? That family lives with that little girl everyday and faces many challenges without getting holes in their sheetrock. There were plenty of alternatives for you without power but being a teacher, you shoud be able to figure that out on your own.

You appear to be all about you. You are such an expert and so concerned...yeah right. Why don't you get off of this board and leave it to the parents because you obviously don't have a clue.

Subject: Re: any advice.. cps calledTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 10:04 AM

My initial response about CAS was because there were 2 different posts about CAS being called - this was a general note and not meant to offend anyone - everyone has their own side to the story - believe me I have been accused myself as a teacher last year in regards to a boys penis...long story but nothing came of it. I have nothing to hide and welcome anyone to come in and observe me. There is good intentions behind everything I do in my classroom.

Take care again,

Speaking as a mother of two autistic boys (one moderate and the other severe), and a former special education teacher, I agree that teachers can't possibly relate to, or understand the tremendous struggle, we face every minute of every day. It is impossible to know what it's like until you have one...or two, of your own with a disability. I would have never believed in my wildest dreams, the precautions I would have to take in my own home. Everything door in the house has chains and locks to prevent 'escapes'. Cabinets are still 'babyproofed' for my 6 and 8 years olds. I can not even think about using my cooktop when my kids are home. They climb up on my stove. Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner??? Forget it. It is not possible. You live in fear for their safety ALL THE TIME. They are reckless and have no fear of dangerous situations. Nothing is 'normal' in my household. Relaxing is not an option...until I fall asleep.

Sara

Re: any advice.. cps calledTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 10:04 AM

My initial response about CAS was because there were 2 different posts about CAS being called - this was a general note and not meant to offend anyone - everyone has their own side to the story - believe me I have been accused myself as a teacher last year in regards to a boys penis...long story but nothing came of it. I have nothing to hide and welcome anyone to come in and observe me. There is good intentions behind everything I do in my classroom.

Take care again,

I don't think anyone knows not even my family and friends. It is just such a different way of being. I do wish this wouldn't turn into such an attack. I think that even though doesn't understand she is honestly trying to help. I know that if I didn't have an autistic son I wouldn't get it either. All my therapists think they get it because they work with autistic children and when they make some suggestions I just want to scream. Instead of screaming I try to explain why what they suggest wouldn't work or isn't possible and hope that it will help them get a better understanding. I hope that by being a part of this group educators or therapists will come away with a better understanding of the struggles and the challenges we face as well as maybe pick up some ideas that will help them be more successful when

working with our kids. Ultimately it is in our best interest to encourage people who work with our kids to be a part of groups like this. I hope no one gets upset or offended by this post. Wishing everyone as much joy and peace as you can find this holiday season. Kellie

From: Dagg <hdagg2000yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: any advice.. cps calledTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 10:04 AM

Take care again,

Sara,

I agree with what you are saying and relate completely. We have locks on all our doors into every room and carry around keys to all of them. It is so hard. I have 3 kids. Lexie is 13 and NT and just was diagnosed with HF Autism and she is 10 and is LF Autism and was just finally diagnosed with that in Sept. It is very hard and our jobs are very hard and stressful for sure, especially for keeping them safe. And I know all about them having no fear of danger etc. Well, is not that bad with that, but was when she was little but we had no idea at all with her and was surprised when asked if we thought she might be when getting an IEP in place for her in May, but with , oh my, it is so hard.

Stacie

Speaking as a mother of two autistic boys (one moderate and the other severe), and a former special education teacher, I agree that teachers can't possibly relate to, or understand the tremendous struggle, we face every minute of every day. It is impossible to know what it's like until you have one...or two, of your own with a disability. I would have never believed in my wildest dreams, the precautions I would have to take in my own home. Everything door in the house has chains and locks to prevent 'escapes'. Cabinets are still 'babyproofed' for my 6 and 8 years olds. I can not even think about using my cooktop when my kids are home. They climb up on my stove. Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner??? Forget it. It is not possible. You live in fear for their safety ALL THE TIME. They are reckless and have no fear of dangerous situations. Nothing is 'normal' in my household. Relaxing is not an option...until I fall asleep.

Sara

Re: any advice.. cps calledTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 10:04 AM

Take care again,

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.