RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Has anyone here have any luck with Abilify?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

my daughter immediately did very well on abilify. much calmer, less aggressive, happier. if she became more aggressive i would immediately call the doctor about discontinuing it.

One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!

Oh, Tamara, try not to let it destroy your marriage. Have you tried counseling? Pat K

Thanks ,I wish my son had a doctor like yours, I left her a message on Wendsday and Friday she contacted me and we have an appointment at childrens hospital on Monday. He was on Risperdal also but it made him really agressive also so when he was seen at the bahavior clinic at Childrens Hospital they switched him to Abilify that was June of this year. So he has been on it for 6 months and it worked for about 1 month and then it just started getting worse. He gets immune to medicane really quickly or they do the opposite. My son also has PDD and adhd and defiant disorder with the Aspergers. He does not go to School He does internet school. The Phyciatrist he see's doesnt listen to a word i say. In July he broke my bone under my eye and she just brushed it off, well since then i pass out and everything and thats the same place he punched me the other day.So Monday when i see her i am demanding something to be done. Me and my husband are close to a divorce, and my daughter is never home because my son is abusive to her. Tamara> >> > Hi everyone,> > I am new to the forum. My son is 8 yrs old and has aspergers, right now > > they have him on 30mg vyvanse, 5 1/2 mg Abilify, and Clonodine 0.001 mg > > (2)at bedtime. My Question is about the Abilify. Since he started > > taking Abilify it seems his anger has increased, he is struggling with > > school because he fights me over school work, and he hits me and > > everyone else arround him, and he gets ver aggatated with > > everything.But he is so out of controll and i can not controll him, and > > this has just kept increasing since he has been on this medicane. I > > have honestly thought of having him admitted to the hospital, but they > > said they can only keeep him for 4 days and thats it, because that > > could help him get on the right med's, and all that. Thanks Everyone.> > Tamara> >>

Messages in this topic (4) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

MARKETPLACE

From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods

Tamara. The stats are that 80% of parents with Autistic children divorce. It is so stressful. My husband found an article the other day...I will try to find it or one like it and send it to you privately.

I will say a prayer for you and your family as soon as I hit send. God love you.

e

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 3:43:13 PMSubject: Re: Re: Has anyone here have any luck with Abilify?

Oh, Tamara, try not to let it destroy your marriage. Have you tried counseling? Pat K

In a message dated 11/23/2008 2:07:33 P.M. Central Standard Time, ohio_gal79yahoo (DOT) com writes:

Thanks ,I wish my son had a doctor like yours, I left her a message on Wendsday and Friday she contacted me and we have an appointment at childrens hospital on Monday. He was on Risperdal also but it made him really agressive also so when he was seen at the bahavior clinic at Childrens Hospital they switched him to Abilify that was June of this year. So he has been on it for 6 months and it worked for about 1 month and then it just started getting worse. He gets immune to medicane really quickly or they do the opposite. My son also has PDD and adhd and defiant disorder with the Aspergers. He does not go to School He does internet school. The Phyciatrist he see's doesnt listen to a word i say. In July he broke my bone under my eye and she just brushed it off, well since then i pass out and everything and thats the same place he punched me the other day.So Monday when i see her i am demanding

something to be done. Me and my husband are close to a divorce, and my daughter is never home because my son is abusive to her. Tamara> >> > Hi everyone,> > I am new to the forum. My son is 8 yrs old and has aspergers, right now > > they have him on 30mg vyvanse, 5 1/2 mg Abilify, and Clonodine 0.001 mg > > (2)at

bedtime. My Question is about the Abilify. Since he started > > taking Abilify it seems his anger has increased, he is struggling with > > school because he fights me over school work, and he hits me and > > everyone else arround him, and he gets ver aggatated with > > everything.But he is so out of controll and i can not controll him, and > > this has just kept increasing since he has been on this medicane. I > > have honestly thought of having him admitted to the hospital, but they > > said they can only keeep him for 4 days and thats it, because that > > could help him get on the right med's, and all that. Thanks Everyone.> > Tamara> >>

MARKETPLACE

Tamara, Abilify at first was working. Then he started to get aggressive

and then it only got worse.

Y

Subject: Re: Re: Has anyone here have any luck with Abilify?To: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 4:35 PM

Tamara. The stats are that 80% of parents with Autistic children divorce. It is so stressful. My husband found an article the other day...I will try to find it or one like it and send it to you privately.

I will say a prayer for you and your family as soon as I hit send. God love you.

e

From: "pkuenstler@ aol.com" <pkuenstleraol (DOT) com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 3:43:13 PMSubject: Re: Re: Has anyone here have any luck with Abilify?

In a message dated 11/23/2008 2:07:33 P.M. Central Standard Time, ohio_gal79yahoo (DOT) com writes:

Thanks ,I wish my son had a doctor like yours, I left her a message on Wendsday and Friday she contacted me and we have an appointment at childrens hospital on Monday. He was on Risperdal also but it made him really agressive also so when he was seen at the bahavior clinic at Childrens Hospital they switched him to Abilify that was June of this year. So he has been on it for 6 months and it worked for about 1 month and then it just started getting worse. He gets immune to medicane really quickly or they do the opposite. My son also has PDD and adhd and defiant disorder with the Aspergers. He does not go to School He does internet school. The Phyciatrist he see's doesnt listen to a word i say. In July he broke my bone under my eye and she just brushed it off, well since then i pass out and everything and thats the same place he punched me the other day.So Monday when i see her i am demanding

something to be done. Me and my husband are close to a divorce, and my daughter is never home because my son is abusive to her. Tamara> >> > Hi everyone,> > I am new to the forum. My son is 8 yrs old and has aspergers, right now > > they have him on 30mg vyvanse, 5 1/2 mg Abilify, and Clonodine 0.001 mg > > (2)at bedtime. My Question is about the Abilify. Since he started > > taking Abilify it seems his anger has

increased, he is struggling with > > school because he fights me over school work, and he hits me and > > everyone else arround him, and he gets ver aggatated with > > everything.But he is so out of controll and i can not controll him, and > > this has just kept increasing since he has been on this medicane. I > > have honestly thought of having him admitted to the hospital, but they > > said they can only keeep him for 4 days and thats it, because that > > could help him get on the right med's, and all that. Thanks Everyone.> > Tamara> >>

MARKETPLACE

We had to take our daughter off of abilify because of the ingressed aggression.

Elaine

Re: Has anyone here have any luck with Abilify?

Hi Y,Ty for the feedback, I have read from alott of people that Abilify has made aggression worse in their child. I brought that up to his Doctor and she is like no that Abilify is to treat agression. But like i told her my son is getting worse so she increases his amount of medicane and his aggression got even more worse. He has an appointment tommorow so i will let you know what happens. Tamara> > >> > > Hi everyone,> > > I am new to the forum. My son is 8 yrs old and has aspergers, > right now > > > they have him on 30mg vyvanse, 5 1/2 mg Abilify, and Clonodine > 0.001 mg > > > (2)at bedtime. My Question is about the Abilify. Since he started > > > taking Abilify it seems his anger has increased, he is struggling > with > > > school because he fights me over school work, and he hits me and > > > everyone else arround him, and he gets ver aggatated with > > > everything.But he is so out of controll and i can not controll > him, and > > > this has just kept increasing since he has been on this medicane. > I > > > have honestly thought of having him admitted to the hospital, but > they > > > said they can only keeep him for 4 days and thats it, because > that > > > could help him get on the right med's, and all that. Thanks > Everyone.> > > Tamara> > >> >>