RemedySpot.com

Re: child pshy. question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Janice! I am so with you here! I feel for you and s neuro wants me to have him evaluated by a child psych too the next time he has a bad meltdown and has to be restrained!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Janice Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 08:18:39 -0800 (PST)To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: child pshy. question HI, My 3 year old son 's behavior is constantly getting worse. He hits us all day long. Throws objects all the time. I am going to find a child psychiastrist (spelling) for him. Has anyone have experience with this type of doctor? JaniceFrom: "pkuenstleraol" <pkuenstleraol>To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 8:12:00 AMSubject: Re: more physicale, Karac never did the head banging, but he did bite himself and me. It decreased as he got more language. The last time Karac bit me was four weeks ago and I think it is because he has started having minor seizures. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I would continue doing what you are doing plus work on language. What are you doing toward developing language? Pat K In a message dated 11/30/2008 8:24:37 P.M. Central Standard Time, ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com writes:I have been reading a few things on our site with regard to aggression. I never saw it with until just recently...too young. The good thing about knowing so young is the intervention. .the not so good is that I get blindsided. He just tonight started banging his head on my lap, as well as his self injury has increased. He is biting his arm with what seems to me added pressure. We have tried the chew sticks, and nothing works...we give him chewy food, and lots of mouth pressure, as far as we hug him and while doing so make sure he gets some extra pressure on his jaw area... Is this biting getting worse because more is expected from him? Also is he banging his head on me to test limits or because he wants to and or doesn't care. I do try to give him appropriate places to "crash" --- I get his bean bag chair for him when he does want to crash on people... He used to just bite when he was excited...he bites now for everything.. .attention (which we've never given much for that), as well as excitement, the feeling of love, and anger......makes me sad. Any support or suggestions (I like the mom ones as much as I do the ABA therapist ones...) Has any ones child tried to bang their head on them, and also has your child's self injury lessened over time, and with therapy. Thanks, e Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

Hi, janice...are you the one who just had the baby? If so his "getting worse" might be his way of adjusting?

e (forgive me if I have the wrong lady...)

Subject: child pshy. questionTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 8:18 AM

HI,

My 3 year old son 's behavior is constantly getting worse. He hits us all day long. Throws objects all the time. I am going to find a child psychiastrist (spelling) for him. Has anyone have experience with this type of doctor?

Janice

From: "pkuenstler@ aol.com" <pkuenstleraol (DOT) com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, December 1, 2008 8:12:00 AMSubject: Re: more physical

e, Karac never did the head banging, but he did bite himself and me. It decreased as he got more language. The last time Karac bit me was four weeks ago and I think it is because he has started having minor seizures.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I would continue doing what you are doing plus work on language. What are you doing toward developing language? Pat K

In a message dated 11/30/2008 8:24:37 P.M. Central Standard Time, ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com writes:

I have been reading a few things on our site with regard to aggression. I never saw it with until just recently...too young. The good thing about knowing so young is the intervention. .the not so good is that I get blindsided.

He just tonight started banging his head on my lap, as well as his self injury has increased. He is biting his arm with what seems to me added pressure. We have tried the chew sticks, and nothing works...we give him chewy food, and lots of mouth pressure, as far as we hug him and while doing so make sure he gets some extra pressure on his jaw area...

Is this biting getting worse because more is expected from him? Also is he banging his head on me to test limits or because he wants to and or doesn't care. I do try to give him appropriate places to "crash" --- I get his bean bag chair for him when he does want to crash on people...

He used to just bite when he was excited...he bites now for everything.. .attention (which we've never given much for that), as well as excitement, the feeling of love, and anger......makes me sad.

Any support or suggestions (I like the mom ones as much as I do the ABA therapist ones...) Has any ones child tried to bang their head on them, and also has your child's self injury lessened over time, and with therapy.

Thanks, e

Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com.

Hi Janice,

We see both a child psychiatrist and a psychologist. We always went to a psychologist until the behavior strategies didn't help enough. We then started seeing a psychiatrist to find a medication that would help him control his behaviors some so we could work on the behavior strategies. He was just to out of control. He is 8. I guess to answer your question a psychiatrist will probably prescribe meds and a psychologist will work on behavior strategies. If you see a Psychiatrist I would look for a Dr. who has experience with young autistic children and understands that they can react very differently to meds then typical kids. Good luck with this very tough time. Kellie

Subject: child pshy. questionTo: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 4:18 PM

HI,

My 3 year old son 's behavior is constantly getting worse. He hits us all day long. Throws objects all the time. I am going to find a child psychiastrist (spelling) for him. Has anyone have experience with this type of doctor?

Janice

From: "pkuenstler@ aol.com" <pkuenstleraol (DOT) com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, December 1, 2008 8:12:00 AMSubject: Re: more physical

e, Karac never did the head banging, but he did bite himself and me. It decreased as he got more language. The last time Karac bit me was four weeks ago and I think it is because he has started having minor seizures.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I would continue doing what you are doing plus work on language. What are you doing toward developing language? Pat K

In a message dated 11/30/2008 8:24:37 P.M. Central Standard Time, ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com writes:

I have been reading a few things on our site with regard to aggression. I never saw it with until just recently...too young. The good thing about knowing so young is the intervention. .the not so good is that I get blindsided.

He just tonight started banging his head on my lap, as well as his self injury has increased. He is biting his arm with what seems to me added pressure. We have tried the chew sticks, and nothing works...we give him chewy food, and lots of mouth pressure, as far as we hug him and while doing so make sure he gets some extra pressure on his jaw area...

Is this biting getting worse because more is expected from him? Also is he banging his head on me to test limits or because he wants to and or doesn't care. I do try to give him appropriate places to "crash" --- I get his bean bag chair for him when he does want to crash on people...

He used to just bite when he was excited...he bites now for everything.. .attention (which we've never given much for that), as well as excitement, the feeling of love, and anger......makes me sad.

Any support or suggestions (I like the mom ones as much as I do the ABA therapist ones...) Has any ones child tried to bang their head on them, and also has your child's self injury lessened over time, and with therapy.

Thanks, e

Thanks for the info Kellie!

Janice

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 4:01:27 PMSubject: Re: child pshy. question

Hi Janice,

We see both a child psychiatrist and a psychologist. We always went to a psychologist until the behavior strategies didn't help enough. We then started seeing a psychiatrist to find a medication that would help him control his behaviors some so we could work on the behavior strategies. He was just to out of control. He is 8. I guess to answer your question a psychiatrist will probably prescribe meds and a psychologist will work on behavior strategies. If you see a Psychiatrist I would look for a Dr. who has experience with young autistic children and understands that they can react very differently to meds then typical kids. Good luck with this very tough time. Kellie

From: Janice <ryansmommy926@ yahoo.com>Subject: child pshy. questionTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 4:18 PM

HI,

Janice

Thanks, e

Yes, I was the one who had a baby. I wondering too if he is getting worse b/c Emma is here. If i hold her, sometimes will say Baby Back meaning put Emma back in the bassinet. I try to spend as much time with as possible. It's so hard b/c he is so tiring.

Janice

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:51:49 PMSubject: Re: child pshy. question

Hi, janice...are you the one who just had the baby? If so his "getting worse" might be his way of adjusting?

From: Janice <ryansmommy926@ yahoo.com>Subject: child pshy. questionTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 8:18 AM

HI,

Janice

Thanks, e

hey everyone, I have a question. A while ago, there was talk about a certain sedative that works right away like during a really bad time, like emergency when you have to restrain for a long period of time that kids can get perscribed, but I dont remember the name of it. Can anyone help me out? I talked to Dr today and he was not sure of any and asked me to find out the name of it.

Thanks,

Stacie

Thanks for the info Kellie!

Janice

From: Kellie Folkerts <kelliefolkerts>To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 4:01:27 PMSubject: Re: child pshy. question

Hi Janice,

From: Janice <ryansmommy926@ yahoo.com>Subject: child pshy. questionTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 4:18 PM

HI,

Janice

Thanks, e

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

With my son, we use Zyprexa (Olanzapine) Orally Disintegrating

Tablets -- 5mg. No water needed. Just place on tongue and it works

within minutes. The psych hospital used this on him whenever he

became combative. The only drawback is that it makes him extremely

hungry afterwards. I can give him up to 10 mg if needed. I carry it

in my purse in case of an emergency.

>

>

> From: Janice <ryansmommy926@ yahoo.com>

> Subject: child pshy. question

> To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com

> Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 4:18 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> HI,

>

> My 3 year old son 's behavior is constantly getting worse. He

hits us

> all day long. Throws objects all the time. I am going to find a

child

> psychiastrist (spelling) for him. Has anyone have experience with

this type of doctor?

>

> Janice

>

>

> ____________________________________

> From: " pkuenstler@ _aol.com_ (http://aol.com/) " <pkuenstleraol (DOT)

com>

> To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com

> Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 8:12:00 AM

> Subject: Re: more physical

>

>

>

> e, Karac never did the head banging, but he did bite himself

and me.

> It decreased as he got more language. The last time Karac bit me

was four

> weeks ago and I think it is because he has started having minor

seizures.

>

> It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I would

continue doing

> what you are doing plus work on language. What are you doing

toward

> developing language? Pat K

>

>

> In a message dated 11/30/2008 8:24:37 P.M. Central Standard Time,

> ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com writes:

>

>

>

>

>

> I have been reading a few things on our site with regard to

aggression. I

> never saw it with until just recently...too young. The good

thing about

> knowing so young is the intervention. .the not so good is that I

get

> blindsided.

>

> He just tonight started banging his head on my lap, as well as his

self

> injury has increased. He is biting his arm with what seems to me

added pressure.

> We have tried the chew sticks, and nothing works...we give him

chewy food,

> and lots of mouth pressure, as far as we hug him and while doing

so make

> sure he gets some extra pressure on his jaw area...

>

> Is this biting getting worse because more is expected from him?

Also is he

> banging his head on me to test limits or because he wants to and

or doesn't

> care. I do try to give him appropriate places to " crash " --- I

get his

> bean bag chair for him when he does want to crash on

people...

>

> He used to just bite when he was excited...he bites now for

everything..

> .attention (which we've never given much for that), as well as

excitement, the

> feeling of love, and anger......makes me sad.

>

> Any support or suggestions (I like the mom ones as much as I do

the ABA

> therapist ones...) Has any ones child tried to bang their head on

them, and also

> has your child's self injury lessened over time, and with therapy.

>

> Thanks, e

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ____________________________________

> Life should be easier. So should your homepage. _Try the NEW

AOL.com_

> (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-

dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000002) .

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> **************Make your life easier with all your friends, email,

and

> favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

> (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-

dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010)

>

We have used clonidine and ativan.

Clonidine helps my daughter sleep and ativan calms her down.

Elaine

Re: more physical> > > > e, Karac never did the head banging, but he did bite himself and me. > It decreased as he got more language. The last time Karac bit me was four > weeks ago and I think it is because he has started having minor seizures. > > It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I would continue doing > what you are doing plus work on language. What are you doing toward > developing language? Pat K> > > In a message dated 11/30/2008 8:24:37 P.M. Central Standard Time, > ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com writes:> > > > > > I have been reading a few things on our site with regard to aggression. I > never saw it with until just recently...too young. The good thing about > knowing so young is the intervention. .the not so good is that I get > blindsided.> > He just tonight started banging his head on my lap, as well as his self > injury has increased. He is biting his arm with what seems to me added pressure. > We have tried the chew sticks, and nothing works...we give him chewy food, > and lots of mouth pressure, as far as we hug him and while doing so make > sure he gets some extra pressure on his jaw area...> > Is this biting getting worse because more is expected from him? Also is he > banging his head on me to test limits or because he wants to and or doesn't > care. I do try to give him appropriate places to "crash" --- I get his > bean bag chair for him when he does want to crash on people...> > He used to just bite when he was excited...he bites now for everything.. > .attention (which we've never given much for that), as well as excitement, the > feeling of love, and anger......makes me sad. > > Any support or suggestions (I like the mom ones as much as I do the ABA > therapist ones...) Has any ones child tried to bang their head on them, and also > has your child's self injury lessened over time, and with therapy.> > Thanks, e> > > > > > > > > > > > ____________________________________> Life should be easier. So should your homepage. _Try the NEW AOL.com_ > (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000002) .> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > **************Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and > favorite sites in one place. Try it now. > (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010)>

Janice I so understand how tired we are as mom's with young kids. I will say a prayer for you as soon as I hit send..........Janice, it's OK to say you are tired, and to have moments when you just curl up in a fetal position and let yourself feel...............after wards you have renewed hope. Take breaks too.......and believe me I know how hard that is. Lily is 5, very high need... is two on spectrum...some-days I feel like my head is numb LOL. I know it's not funny, but I so get it.

Blessings to you sweet mommy.

e

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 5:22:50 PMSubject: Re: child pshy. question

Yes, I was the one who had a baby. I wondering too if he is getting worse b/c Emma is here. If i hold her, sometimes will say Baby Back meaning put Emma back in the bassinet. I try to spend as much time with as possible. It's so hard b/c he is so tiring.

Janice

From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:51:49 PMSubject: Re: child pshy. question

From: Janice <ryansmommy926@ yahoo.com>Subject: child pshy. questionTo: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 8:18 AM

HI,

Janice

Thanks, e

Thanks e! It's so hard and tiring. My son needs and wants me all for himself. So i am constantly with him. He is such a difficult child, he exhusts me. I keep praying 's behavior will get better.

Janice

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Saturday, December 6, 2008 11:43:58 AMSubject: Re: child pshy. question

Janice I so understand how tired we are as mom's with young kids. I will say a prayer for you as soon as I hit send........ ..Janice, it's OK to say you are tired, and to have moments when you just curl up in a fetal position and let yourself feel........ .......after wards you have renewed hope. Take breaks too.......and believe me I know how hard that is. Lily is 5, very high need... is two on spectrum...some- days I feel like my head is numb LOL. I know it's not funny, but I so get it.

e

From: Janice <ryansmommy926@ yahoo.com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 5:22:50 PMSubject: Re: child pshy. question

Janice

From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, December 1, 2008 2:51:49 PMSubject: Re: child pshy. question

HI,

Janice

Thanks, e

I will email you offline Janice....

e (ldjd1234@...)

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Sunday, December 7, 2008 4:30:19 PMSubject: Re: child pshy. question

Thanks e! It's so hard and tiring. My son needs and wants me all for himself. So i am constantly with him. He is such a difficult child, he exhusts me. I keep praying 's behavior will get better.

Janice

From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Saturday, December 6, 2008 11:43:58 AMSubject: Re: child pshy. question

Janice I so understand how tired we are as mom's with young kids. I will say a prayer for you as soon as I hit send........ ..Janice, it's OK to say you are tired, and to have moments when you just curl up in a fetal position and let yourself feel........ .......after wards you have renewed hope. Take breaks too.......and believe me I know how hard that is. Lily is 5, very high need... is two on spectrum...some- days I feel like my head is numb LOL. I know it's not funny, but I so get it.

e

From: Janice <ryansmommy926@ yahoo.com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 5:22:50 PMSubject: Re: child pshy. question

Janice

HI,

Janice

Thanks, e