RemedySpot.com

Re: response to angi / magnesium

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Angi, garlic works, a very well respected chef, who is a judge in France, showed me how to cut the clove in half and take out the middle green thing, he's said it's very hard for people with digestion problems to digest. Cut one in half and you'll find it..............take it out, then crush the garlic in a garlic press....... Vickers wrote: Hi Jeanie and others who responded, Thanks for the response. We have actually been using a DAN doctor for 2 1/2 years now and have done all the testing (Great Plains included). We've been through many biomedical treatments, from supplements, b12 shots, epsom salt baths, battled yeast, chelation, and endoscopies. The most improvement we have had has come with the low oxalate diet - however, there are also the cons of most fiber gets removed from the diet, and carbs inadverdently get reduced. This is what has caused the constipation for my daughter. As we introduced more diet restrictions, we uncovered more food intolerances (as long as you have a leaky gut, you have intolerances) - until we get the leaky gut healed (which we are using glutamine, colostrum, enzymes and high vitamin CLO amongst other supps to help with as well as

removing the offending foods), we can't use anything else to help with the constipation - we've tried and they simply can't tolerate. Things like MOM have extras which they are highly intolerant to. I will give the garlic a try, although it is a medium group oxalate food, so I will have to use it sparingly. Maybe the magnesium IS working as a laxative and speeding things through, which would be bad because not all the nutrients would not get absorbed. There isn't mucas in their stool, and if I back off the magnesium any then they back up. Thanks for all the thoughts, response to angi / magnesium , There is a test by the Great Smokies, and the Great Plains Lab, that does stool samples, to see what the problem is in this area, they can tell you about what the person is digesting and also what the bacteria is immuned to, it sounds like your on the right track, but she's missing something that helps break down the digestion process. Try mag oxide, sometimes people who can't handle one of the mag's can tolerate another. Try looking into a Chiroprator that can order those tests, for those that don't care for Chiroprator' s, I say, what do you have to loose, all's your doing is having them order the tests, at least you have diagnostic test results to look over and you are

the one that collects and sends them off. I am all for testing first to find out "What" you should be treating or giving. If you just try magnesium without testing why, your child's stool doesn't break down, you could be missing something that they really needed, enzymes is usually the case when the stool isn't decomposing properly. Try to find someone that can send off a stool sample, some regualar doctors will do this as well. Hope this helps....... .... Vickers <amkavickers@ yahoo.com> wrote: Has anyone had experience or suspected that magnesium interferes with digestion? My kids have been on high dosages of magnesium for quite a while (my 4 yr old son has dealt with life long

constipation, my daughter constipated this year since doing the low oxalate diet), and have been on magnesium malate for a few months since we discovered they were not tolerating the citrate well in magnesium citrate. Their stools always have undigested food (most noticeably peas and papaya) that I can't help but wonder if the magnesium is causing - perhaps the magnesium is working as an antacid? Even with digestive enzymes, their stool isn't looking any better. I have tried to change the timing of taking it (from 30min-1hour before food to after food) but it started backing them up. We don't have the choice of trying other things for the constipation because they are extremely intolerant to most supplements and food due to severe leaky guts. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or any thoughts? V. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.