RemedySpot.com

Re: cal/mag conversion

Rate this topic

Guest guest

First - let me say I'm sorry for not changing the subject tag. Oh the wonders of stress on the brain....

Second - Thanks !

Your calculations agree! THat makes me so happy. You are correct - we are not going to be doing MOM and cal/mag, but replacing MOM with high quality liquid cal/mag.

I found a reference that said 163 per tea.(5ml or cc) of elemental mag in MOM. But then I lost the link! ARGH. But that would agree PERFECTLY with 500 per tablespoon (15 cc or ml).

So far so good for us with liquid cal/mag. As I said - the magnesium has the added benefit of being good for muscle spasms and tremors, so this is wonderful for us (our son has a severe muscle spasm disorder).

Thanks for the help - I'm enjoying reading this list a lot. Lots of great parents with lots of dedication and thoughtful ideas.

sharry, aidan's mom

Re: listening to your pediatrician vs. gastro

Hi Sharry,Just a note about calculating magnesium dose to remind everyone thatit is necessary to look at the amount of "elemental magnesium" whencross-comparing between different products. See message #3805 in thearchives for more on "elemental" magnesium and a link to an articleabout this.For my son, he was taking about 400mg of elemental magnesium whichwas about 12 mLs of liquid Cherry MOM. I believe cc is equivalent tomL so if your child is taking 10mLs of liquid MOM I believe isusually at a concentration of 500 mg elemental mag per tablespoon(check the label of your bottle to confirm). This would mean yourchild is getting 2/3 of 500 mg or ~333mg of elemental magnesium. So, now that I've worked through all that I see that it looks likethat would agree with your calculation of about 13-14 cc of the newliquid!! (assuming the 350mg/ml refers to the elemental mag)...Also, here's a link I found useful for converting between cc's, mLs,teaspoons, tablespoons, etc. http://prescription.lifetips.com/tip/61519/basic-calculations/liquids/cc-s-ml-s-teaspoonfuls-and-tablespoonfuls.htmlbest, >> Hey all,> > I wanted to ask - I know it's been discussed before, but it wouldhelp me if people could report again their child's magnesium dose? Weare switching from MOM to liquid cal/mag. We've used cal/mag in thepast for his muscles, so that works well for us.> > My guy is about 70 pounds. Per his G.I., he was on 10cc (2 tea) ofMilk of Magnesia a day. The liquid cal/mag is about 350mg/15cc, so Ithink that would be about 13-14cc a day for him to compare to the milkof magnesia? > > > sharry, aidan's mom>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release Date: 1/2/2008 11:29 AM