RemedySpot.com

Question about ABA and

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, all.

is having a hard time with ABA, or at least his last week was awful. I love our therapist...as we combine ABA with Floortime...so it is fun too. We do not do discrete, as that is not what is best for at present...

He is 2 and 2 is hard anyway...

Last week Lily ran into the therapy room (in our home) when was crying...she was home sick and he was mad that the therapist took away his reinforcer...anyhow, husband went in the room too to get Lily out, and needless to say screamed the whole time, and the rest of the week as well. I do not think it was ONE event that made him have a bad week...rather I think it is a combination of him being 2, him on his way to getting sick, him testing limits etc....

I'm tired. I feel like this has all I've been doing since the day he was born. Please I'm not comparing here, as I know many of you have had many many more years at this than I....but I'm tired. I feel a little down...I need to know if you think it was all Lily, or if you think it is a big picture of what is going on...The therapist thinks that all of us being on the same page is what it will take....Well I see that we are all on the same page, as much as humanly possible. I just want for us all to admit that it is the big picture with and not to blame it on one stupid incidence....

Please tell me if I'm wrong...can it take one little incidence with these kids to make them rebel for a week...even at 2? It's ok to tell me I'm wrong...I've been called worse LOL-------

I pointed this out to the therapist...my view that it is a bigger picture--I feel as though I was given a lecture more than I was understanding....Again, it's not time to fire the therapist, nor is that kind of advice warranted here...I just need support, and the pats on the back that you all are so good at giving.

Thanks,

J