RemedySpot.com

Re: Sexual Cpmponent

Rate this topic

Guest guest

--

Are you identical twins? Does he have 4s also if you are identical? Just wondering.

Sexual Cpmponent

God..I just WISH someone could figure out WHY there is a sexual component to mouth noises and 4S! This has been my problem since early puberty, and I almost cannot take it anymore. Unfortunately (or fortunatley, depending on how you look at it), my trigger is soley mouth noises; primarily gum chewing, which is an incessant, repetitive mouth sound. I am hyper-vigilant when entering a room; always looking for the people who are chewing gum so I can stay away even though I wind up looking at them, fixated on their repugnant chewing, for some strange reason. The problem is, there are so many triggers to 4S, and some feel actual pain, whereas others of us are just in phsychological discomfort. andra, I understand you completely, and I have brought up the sexual component (feeling a twinge down "there"..but NOT pain) in the past, and others have responded that they have similar feelings, but like almost everything else with 4S, there just don't seem to be any answers! All we can do is hope!> > > >> > > > > > I saw a therapist for a while as a teenager, when my first 4S > symptoms started - - - she > > > suspected that I had witnessed a "primal scene" as a very young > child or baby (that is, I > > saw - > > > and more importantly head - my parents - aaack! - "in the act") - > and that the "trauma" > > had > > > manifested itself as this intense aversion to certain very human > sounds - chewing, > > sniffing, > > > throat clearing. Even then I was dubious - I knew that many > children in the world lived > > in > > > one room houses where they had no doubt "witnessed primal > scenes," and I doubted > > highly > > > that they were "traumatized" in the same way. With what I know > today about the genetic > > > component of so many of these related disorders - Sensory > Integration Disorder, > > autism, > > > Tourette's, OCD and of course, 4S - I do not think there is any > psychological trauma that > > > contributes. Maybe a dysfunctional family situation adds to the > feelings of rage and > > > helplessness - but I don't think it causes it. Any other Freudian-> type diagnoses people > > have > > > received over the years???> > > > > > Kate in NY> > >> >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ___> AOL Email goes Mobile! You can now read your AOL Emails whilst on the move. Sign up for a free AOL Email account with unlimited storage today.>

I find it interesting that new friends or love interests don't bother people here. But then a few months into the relationship, the person starts to bother them. I saw a show on the Discovery Channel about new love and how it affects the brain. They showed how a certain part of the brain lights up giving an extreme sense of euphoria when a person is in a new relationship. But it always wears off after a few months. Maybe this overrides the initial problem that someone with 4s has with someone new that they meet. But eventually they start to become bothered.

-----Original Message-----From: Soundsensitivity [mailto:Soundsensitivity ]On Behalf Of a PereiraSent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 7:08 AMTo: Soundsensitivity Subject: Re: Sexual Cpmponent

Maybe it's because familiarity creates intimacy and intimacy creates emotion?- engaging the lower brain functions? It also makes perfect sense that we would be more affected when we perceive being "hurt" by a person that is close to us. Another way to look at it is that we share more of ourselves with those people we are close to. This may explain the sexual implications, these people are not in the periphery or our lives but have entered our personal zone.

>

Wouldn't it be great if that could be recreated? Not only would my

husband be able to eat his ice without me trying to crawl inside my

own skin, but we'd have that " feeling " back again! I do feel sorry

for him because he is my main source of irritation when it comes to

4S. However, since I have discovered I'm not alone, he has been so

understanding!

>

> I find it interesting that new friends or love interests don't

bother people

> here. But then a few months into the relationship, the person starts to

> bother them. I saw a show on the Discovery Channel about new love

and how

> it affects the brain. They showed how a certain part of the brain

lights up

> giving an extreme sense of euphoria when a person is in a new

relationship.

> But it always wears off after a few months. Maybe this overrides the

> initial problem that someone with 4s has with someone new that they

meet.

> But eventually they start to become bothered.

>

>

> Re: Sexual Cpmponent

>

>

>

> Maybe it's because familiarity creates intimacy and intimacy creates

> emotion?- engaging the lower brain functions? It also makes perfect

sense

> that we would be more affected when we perceive being " hurt " by a

person

> that is close to us. Another way to look at it is that we share more of